Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: November 2007 TOTM-Jack (ILaybrk) Honeycutt #363

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

November 2007 TOTM-Jack (ILaybrk) Honeycutt #363

The honor of being named Truck of the Month for November 2007 is bestowed upon none other than Jack Honeycutt aka ILaybrk. Jack has been around the NHTOC for 3+ years now and he might be a man of few words, as you will find out below LOL, but his 2002 DSG Harley is a true testament to his hard work and perseverance over the years. She definitely does all the talking for him! This impressive piece of work is still sporting a stock block yet hiding under the hood and amongst the bling is a 15lb KB powered monster laying down 460rwhp and 540 ftlbs torque. The Potent combo that he has put together is responsible for ripping out a bevy of 12 sec time slips in 1320!!! He recently has went and upped the ante a little by adding another 1lb of boost to the mix so stand by for that post in the near future when he rips out some 11 sec time slips on that sick stock block combo!

Without Further ado let’s turn the mic over to Jack and get some answers to the all important questions!!!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks? Specifically, your HD Truck?

The blower, I was hooked as soon as I saw it and when I drove it! I was on a mission to own one!

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

I had a 71 Grande sport mustang and it did 9.10 in the 1/8th and I thought that was fast.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

2.3 KB JLP plenum, Magnum Powers aux idler, PST carbon drive shaft, TA girdle, Stop Flex brake lines, DG Motorsports carbon fiber fan shroud, Cool Aid scoop, 2400 PI stall converter, REM one piece intake elbow and MAF adapter, Dual 255 Walbro fuel pumps, 60lb injectors and GMS coil packs, Lighting front bumper cover, Roll-pan, Shaved tailgate, Line lock, Hotchkis TVS, QA1 shocks, *** pan-hard bar and lots of under hood bling.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

I race radio control cars on National level, well I used to, now all my money goes on this truck. When I bought the truck it did the ¼ mile in 14.7 three years later I went 12.280 still on stock block and will be shooting to be the first stock block HD in the 11s. That has been my passion for the last 18 months.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

It would have to be all the info and all the great people that I have either met or talked to on a regular basis. I also try to help other guys not to make some of the mod mistakes that I have made.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

To move L fest to the east coast once maybe that is just a dream . But the site is great!

Question # 7: This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

I lay brick for a living or well I used to now I’m the boss and that was my tag on my truck.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

Built block, a good set of heads and really turn some heads at the track with some 10 sec passes!

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

I want to thank JJ from Woodbine and All Hupp (N2boost) for all there help if it was not for them I would never be were I am today! You can look at some of my work at americanmasonry.com and there will never be a cube of bricks in this truck ha ha!

Congratulations once again to Jack Honeycutt (ILaybrk) on a very well deserved Truck of the Month!!! Job Well done !
    Last edited by bgstew6; 11-04-2007 at 07:49 PM.

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations Jack!!!!

Awesome looking truck!!

BTW, I noticed in your 5th pic the tag... Do you run R/C cars?? I've been running them for years!! So much fun!!

www.RTDELECTRONIX.com
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations ...nice truck

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats!!

Stock Block 11.424@119.87
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yes I do I run nitro sedan

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You go Ilaybrk

Congratulations

BLACK '03 #3104
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Jack !! Very well deserved.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks guys this is A great honor.

Go Dawgs
    Name: Terry

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats, very nice truck.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Congrats! cant wait to line up next to ya at SSOTN!

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats! Very impressive accomplishments for a stock block.

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Jack! Beautiful truck and I love the shaved tailgate!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so far from my research only faster stock block was JL wife truck it went a 12.0 on it next to last pass the next one was the big boom.

Name: Jay

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats.

I'm into R/C too. I run 1/8 offroad in the summer months.

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Congratulations Jack!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast