Thread: newbie

Go Dawgs
    Name: Terry

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yeah with the price of OEM HD parts individually, then the prices of 00's, would end up cheaper to just get an original one than convert it. then for the few snows we get a year just have a set of stock f150 rims with studded snow tires on it.

what do you have in the truck right now? bench seat up front I'm guessing? there should be holes in the floor to mount the buckets. the center console is held down with 4 nuts that go over 4 studs sticking out of the floor. the inner portion you can find any f150 with the same style console and use the inner guts out of it. THe HD one just got black plastic and a leather lid, but the overall shape is the same.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was thinking the same thing about just getting an hd but then I would never use the bed of the truck either. Also I drive to manhatten to work and park on the street, everything takes a beating. So being that it would be my everyday car I would never want to drive the hd to work.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    doesnt the 4x4 you have now have a bed on it? lol

the 00's stock are VERY high, and can take some crappy roads pretty well lol. even with a 1/2 drop you could practicaly offroad the things haha. mine's lowered 3/4.5 and i still want more

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome aboard

I'm with this guys...sell that and get an HD...will be a lot cheaper and original...mine is a DD also
    #2256 built in 3/26/02 - 6# lower, 377HP/483TQ before the Whipple.

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by breoland View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about just getting an hd but then I would never use the bed of the truck either. Also I drive to manhatten to work and park on the street, everything takes a beating. So being that it would be my everyday car I would never want to drive the hd to work.
    Welcome breoland...

You park on the streets of Madhattan?
    I agree with you. you need a vehicle that is a total beater. Any nice truck would get destroyed, if not towed or equiptment jacked from it by thieves.

Only if you come across a great deal to convert a truck to "fake the funk" HD, then you wouldn't mind if it gets damaged, or worse, stolen.
    You still need a weekend chill ride, like a real HD...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huot5 View Post
    Welcome breoland...

You park on the streets of Madhattan?
    I agree with you. you need a vehicle that is a total beater. Any nice truck would get destroyed, if not towed or equiptment jacked from it by thieves.

Only if you come across a great deal to convert a truck to "fake the funk" HD, then you wouldn't mind if it gets damaged, or worse, stolen.
    You still need a weekend chill ride, like a real HD...
    I have an 04 cobra that is my weekend chill ride

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffmann View Post
    Welcome aboard

I'm with this guys...sell that and get an HD...will be a lot cheaper and original...mine is a DD also

You would park your truck in downtown manhatten on the street??? Let me know when you are in town

Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    ola

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I dont see the difference though if its a real HD, or a replica HD. if you're going to spend the time and money to convert your truck with the interior, rims, emblems, nurfbars, valance, grille, etc., odds are you'll have as much if not more money into it than an OEM HD truck, and its just as likely to get banged up, stolen, broken into, etc.

unless you're doing an urban renegade twist on it, with big meaty tires, brush guard, lifted, with just a few HD accents like the interior, and maybe rims. but if its just going for a stock clone, I dont see the difference in not having to worry about that like you would an OEM one

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am in the process of buying a house which needs some work done to it, so I'll be using the truck for many things. couldnt bring myself to buying an hd and destroying it. So I opted for the next best thing a FARLEY FAVIDSON

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    I dont see the difference though if its a real HD, or a replica HD. if you're going to spend the time and money to convert your truck with the interior, rims, emblems, nurfbars, valance, grille, etc., odds are you'll have as much if not more money into it than an OEM HD truck, and its just as likely to get banged up, stolen, broken into, etc.

unless you're doing an urban renegade twist on it, with big meaty tires, brush guard, lifted, with just a few HD accents like the interior, and maybe rims. but if its just going for a stock clone, I dont see the difference in not having to worry about that like you would an OEM one

I am not going all out as you think. I found the seats for real cheap as a little upgrade. not looking to do the whole interior. next is the rims. I hear what you are saying that I could have got an hd. I am not looking to do badges or anything else like that. What ever I can find for sale that is used and others dont want, I'll take it. How many people here changed their sotck exuast and practically threw the stock one away? I would be more than happy with the stock hd exhaust

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    aight makes a little more sense then. there's a broad definition of clone. some go all out and do a near exact copy, which usually ends up costing more than a actual HD, or others like yourself just want to use a few parts off it here and there to make their own truck modded up how they want. The HD seats are friggin sweet!! I wish I could find another seat to make a desk chair out of lol

quite a few on here with catbacks and ditched the stock exhaust. we dont have a NYC section, but post up a WTB ad and i'm sure somebody will part with their stock exhaust for dirt cheap

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    aight makes a little more sense then. there's a broad definition of clone. some go all out and do a near exact copy, which usually ends up costing more than a actual HD, or others like yourself just want to use a few parts off it here and there to make their own truck modded up how they want. The HD seats are friggin sweet!! I wish I could find another seat to make a desk chair out of lol

quite a few on here with catbacks and ditched the stock exhaust. we dont have a NYC section, but post up a WTB ad and i'm sure somebody will part with their stock exhaust for dirt cheap

where in jersey are you. I really did wish I bought an hd. maybe next one!
    What do you think the front and rear seat with front center console is worth

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    South Jersey on weekends lol....Exit 2 off the NJ TPK. I live in Philly during the week. My g/f's mom lives in Jackson NJ though, so exit 7A off the turnpike so i'm up there pretty often.

front & rear seats & console, hard to say. I've seen them go for cheap, and seen them go for crazy expensive. Depending on the condition, i'd say the seats are worth anywhere from 300 bucks each and up. Console probably 100 bucks?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast