Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need local body shop

Under Dog
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I used a place called Dittmars.. Kevin Dittmar.. he might a little pricey for what you are wanting to do, but quality is top notch. He is located off Broadway near 301.. kitty-corner across from the biker bar near the railroad tracks. At Tampa East Bouleveard and Broadway...

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How the hell is that even considered a parking space? He's in the middle of the damn lot!

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krix330cic(NJ) View Post
    How the hell is that even considered a parking space? He's in the middle of the damn lot!
    My thoughts exactly.....

--Snake

Under Dog
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, that sucks. You sholuld have just driven over the entire front half of his car and kept going. What a tool...

Just thought of a few more places you might try... Scotts Automotive in Brandon. On Central Drive behind the Dairy Queen on highway 60, or Brandon Paint and Body, on Robertson Drive... just south of 60, near the intersection of Moon, i beleive.. right down the block from Brandon Transmission..

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Luke -- I'm going to give a bunch of these places a shot. I had hoped to find a member who could hook me up with a deal so I wasn't out the $$ and/or give me the straight scoop on how much the repairs are.

--Snake

Under Dog
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry, bro. My uncle had a body shop out near the airport for 20 years, but he sold the property about 20 years ago and moved up to north Georgia to work out of his house. I have a friend who paints cars at the auto auction, and i could not even get help fixing my own truck after my accident. Still need a new hood and lower valance... one day soon.. Dual split cowl hood and Lightning bumper cover..

Good luck. Let me know if you need any other choices... i have lived here my whole life, a few more might come to mind...

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Luke, if you're in Tampa, tell me why we haven't gotten together yet.....

And thanks for the help. Definitely appreciated!

--Snake

Under Dog
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Actually, i grew up in Brandon area. My g/f lives in St. Pete near Gandy and 4th street, so i float between both areas. Don't have a Harley, just an F150 Lariat... with a H.D. grille (thanks NDEBT) and some L heads and corners... working on my hood now.

We should hook up some place if some other local guys want to do a GTG..

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm all about it....might have to see if I can rally the troops!

--Snake

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry to here about your truck Snake. With those pictures I would fight this but if you decide to fix it . Scotts Automotive in Brandon. On Central Drive behind the Dairy Queen on highway 60, or Brandon Paint and Body, on Robertson Drive... just south of 60, near the intersection of Moon, i beleive.. right down the block from Brandon Transmission.. is right down the street from me. Give me a call if ya need any help.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks brother....I already took care of the guy and my account is $1k lighter....

--Snake

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    dude, I hope you weren't being scammed.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    From the last pic (yellow arrow on drive indicating direction of travel) would indicate that you were both going the wrong way and parked in an area that is not designated for parking at all. If it was on private property, there was no police report, and no record of anything that was said to anybody, then I would just tell the other chitbox-car owner to get screwed. Better make sure they don't know your address or where you park your truck though!

In GLOCK I trust
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by '02 H-D #677 View Post
    If it was on private property, there was no police report, and no record of anything that was said to anybody, then I would just tell the other chitbox-car owner to get screwed. Better make sure they don't know your address or where you park your truck though!
    I second that. I would have told them to bl0w me. Except you have a REAL noticable rig and would hate to see anything happen to it. Sucks that this even had to go down, but it sounds like you paid the chump, so write it off in your head, charge it to the game, and get on with it brother.

Plus, I am not too sure how the altered vehicle height thing might come into play. I would be pretty sure that if it went to court, it would be brought up that if your truck's height wasn't illegally altered, (and I am only speaking of the fact that it would be illegle here in Colorado) you would have seen the other vehicle. Now, I am not sure about the laws in Fla., but I am pretty sure it would come into play here in Colorado. Of course, you never know, you might have gotten a judge who has a tall rig also and would be sympathetic, and you might have gotten one that had his windshield cracked by a flying rock the day before from a rock flying from a big ol mudder!!!
    Last edited by scotone; 01-08-2008 at 06:07 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2