Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Trouble codes p0171 and p0174.

Name: Keith

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Usually the number one cause of these codes is the pcv elbow coming from the back of the lower intake(Turkey pan) up to the upper plenum, check out the turkey pan fix in here, it deletes the hose with a plug, or if you have access, do like i did until i have time to do it, pull the elbow off replace with a good grade fuel hose and plug it with a bolt that fits tightly in it. Hope this helps you.

Name: josh

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Would a k&n cold air intake have anything to do with these codes I bought an 02 last week and it has these 2 codes. They said it was the intake causing the codes and are wanting to put a stock intake box back on after reading and doing some searching on here I have seen its probably the PVC elbow on the lower intake. I mentioned that to them. I am sposed to talk with them again Tuesday about it but I was just wanting to see if it could be the k&n but I don't think it could be. Thanks

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Yes an no. Basically that code means you are lean in your front oxygen sensor, which means by majority, you have a vac leak...unmeasured are in system. Only a few ways the k@n is the priblem. The rubber connection to the tb is not on there good. One of the vac lines under the k@n elbow fell off or loose. Maf connection not plugged in properly or the maf inside wire needs cleaned. Iat sensor us not plugged in. Also make sure the line under you k@n elbow that goes to the passenger side valve cover is pluggeg in rightat the valve cover...as you can see these are just a few of the spots for vac leaks

Name: Jake

Liked 32 Times in 21 Posts
    Turkey Pan elbow...

Email is fast..... Jake@3rdrowinnovations.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Molly View Post
    Yes an no. Basically that code means you are lean in your front oxygen sensor, which means by majority, you have a vac leak...unmeasured are in system. Only a few ways the k@n is the priblem. The rubber connection to the tb is not on there good. One of the vac lines under the k@n elbow fell off or loose. Maf connection not plugged in properly or the maf inside wire needs cleaned. Iat sensor us not plugged in. Also make sure the line under you k@n elbow that goes to the passenger side valve cover is pluggeg in rightat the valve cover...as you can see these are just a few of the spots for vac leaks
    Thanks I will check those

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Had this problem for a few months got a turkey pan hose need some little hands get it off will do next weekend

Planning on doing that this weekend for a friend as well as cleaning the intercooler, filling the silencer holes, and installing some goodies

Gonna be a blast BTW......can't wait to climb my fat *** into the engine bay and try and reach back there

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My truck is at the dodge dealer only because that's where I bought the truck and part of the deal was that they would fix it they keep saying that its the k&n cold air intake causing the code I have read on here and searched and havent seen where a k&n could be the problem. They sposedly looked at the PVC tube and said it alright. What else could it be I am thinking that they just don't want to fix the problem and are trying to do something to get the ses light to go off so they don't have to do anything with it. They are also swapping it back to a stock airbox

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Molly View Post
    Vacuum leaks could happen to the stock OEM one including any type of CAI and not just a K&N. Unmetered air coming into the system could cause the code.
    Have you checked all of the connections as described above?

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Everything looked good to me and they where sposed to check everything also

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 01blueedge View Post
    My truck is at the dodge dealer only because that's where I bought the truck and part of the deal was that they would fix it they keep saying that its the k&n cold air intake causing the code I have read on here and searched and havent seen where a k&n could be the problem. They sposedly looked at the PVC tube and said it alright. What else could it be I am thinking that they just don't want to fix the problem and are trying to do something to get the ses light to go off so they don't have to do anything with it. They are also swapping it back to a stock airbox
    Sounds like a typical dealer "Lets blame anything that's aftermarket" instead of fixing the real issue. Dealerships are lazy and cheap, I bet you anything that your truck is sitting in the lot while they handle paying customers, they prolly only looked at the pcv valve and easily visible connections, but have not checked the Turkey Pan elbow, as it isn't visible, not to mention its a Dodge dealer and they likely have 0 experience on this type of Ford.

If they switch to the stock airbox (make sure you get the K & N they remove) and still get the code (likely) go find the Finance director or the dealer GM and tell them you want your truck, and you are going to take it to a licensed Ford Shop/Dealership and they (the Dodge dealer) need to cover the bill, as they can't fix the truck, and aren't listening to your advice on where to look.

That's what I would do anyways, I have worked for a few dealers and know how they think. They already got their money from you/the bank, now they just want to make you go away the cheapest way possible, which means they don't want to remove the SC (labor costs) and possibly cause more problems due to their lack of experience on this kind of motor (more labor and now parts). They will make the code go away with a band-aid, and when it comes back in 2 weeks, they will blame you and give you the cold shoulder.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Waite View Post
    Sounds like a typical dealer "Lets blame anything that's aftermarket" instead of fixing the real issue. Dealerships are lazy and cheap, I bet you anything that your truck is sitting in the lot while they handle paying customers, they prolly only looked at the pcv valve and easily visible connections, but have not checked the Turkey Pan elbow, as it isn't visible, not to mention its a Dodge dealer and they likely have 0 experience on this type of Ford.

If they switch to the stock airbox (make sure you get the K & N they remove) and still get the code (likely) go find the Finance director or the dealer GM and tell them you want your truck, and you are going to take it to a licensed Ford Shop/Dealership and they (the Dodge dealer) need to cover the bill, as they can't fix the truck, and aren't listening to your advice on where to look.

That's what I would do anyways, I have worked for a few dealers and know how they think. They already got their money from you/the bank, now they just want to make you go away the cheapest way possible, which means they don't want to remove the SC (labor costs) and possibly cause more problems due to their lack of experience on this kind of motor (more labor and now parts). They will make the code go away with a band-aid, and when it comes back in 2 weeks, they will blame you and give you the cold shoulder.
    Yea that's what I'm thinking I did tell them I want my k&n

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After a week of waiting on parts to put the stock air box on my truck. I was told it was ready to be picked up today and was fixed. I wasn't to pleased with a truck I just bought being in the shop for a week so I talked the the general manager at the dealership and let him know what was going on and got a free tank a gas and 2 more free oil changes and a letter saying if the code comes back on in the next 90 days they would fix it free of charge. So I was ready to head home the salesman took my truck down to fill it up a guess what the see light came back on so the dodge dealership sent my truck to the ford dealership across the street so hopefully it will get fixed right this time.

Quote Originally Posted by 01blueedge View Post
    After a week of waiting on parts to put the stock air box on my truck. I was told it was ready to be picked up today and was fixed. I wasn't to pleased with a truck I just bought being in the shop for a week so I talked the the general manager at the dealership and let him know what was going on and got a free tank a gas and 2 more free oil changes and a letter saying if the code comes back on in the next 90 days they would fix it free of charge. So I was ready to head home the salesman took my truck down to fill it up a guess what the see light came back on so the dodge dealership sent my truck to the ford dealership across the street so hopefully it will get fixed right this time.
    Dang!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast