Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: just drove the new harley and it sucked

Name: asdfasfasdf

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The 2 things I dont like about the new trucks (which is 04 up) is the power to weight ratio is around 20lbs/1HP - thats bad and that cheesy floor shifter made by fisher price. I think we can all agree the shifter feels like garbage, they look nice but feel very cheap in the hand. Im not 100% certian but the older harley trucks were alone in the looks catagory whereas I see these new Sport FX2 trucks done in black and I mistake them at first for a new harley - and I work for ford! I think ford should not have built the sport and the harley at the same time especially since the new harley comes without a blower as standard leaving only the interior as the main difference along with some easy to miss details.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it just looks like ford tried to cut the cost on their new trucks. the dash is nice though and that is all.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I still dont see your arguement screentoo.

cut the costs? they redesigned new 22" rims, redesigned emblems, redesigned a new paint/pinstripe scheme, redesigned interior. pretty much the same changes made each year just like the changes they made each year in the past, except with more added goodies and options than the past like navigation, backup camera, etc.

Blown me
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    went to the dealer and drove the 07 HD with Saleen package... slow as hell, could barely hear the blower and is way too tall... not a fan, ill just stick with my 03

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs down New trucks

Men Im stickin......its the '03 for me. I love my Screw.......the new trucks of course have some modern gadgets, but I bought the truck with style AND performance in mind, just like my motorcylces. So a emblemed up truck with some fancy gadgets just dont get it in my opinion. Just my two cents worth.

Ride em if ya got em.........

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok picked up my '07 HD Saleen with JDM mods and its cool.

Although at first it doesnt feel as quick as my '03, it has only covered 150 miles so still loosening up hopefully.

Had driven a Roush HD and that just didnt shift at all. Dead boring and slow but the Saleen hopefully is much quicker.

Will get some pics sorted once the weather clears up and the snotty salty roads dissappear.

Its good to be back in the HD clan again......

P.S.....Now its not so great....
    Last edited by KevF; 12-28-2007 at 12:54 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The STS Turbo Kit goes on my wife's "06" after the 1st of the year. Pipes are out for coating right now.

As soon as the kit gets here, off to the shop the Grocery Getter goes....
    2006 Harley Davidson Ford F150 - SOLD
    McGaughy's 2/5 Lowering Kit, Air Lift Slam Air Assist (Rear), Roll Pan, 4.10:1 Gears, Truxedo LoPro Tonneau Cover, Carbon Window Tint, Roll Pan w/Hitch
    STS Remote Turbo System, Dirty Dog 11" Converter, FTVB Calibration Kit, Deep Aluminum Pan, Auto Meter Gauges, SCT XCAL2 Custom Tune, 434HP 511TQ

2007 FXSTB Night Train
    Denim Blue, PCB Black Inverted Front End, V&H Big Radius, SERT, SE Air Cleaner Kit, HTCC 10.5:1s, HTCC CNC Ported Heads, 103" Cylinders, 251 Cams, 97HP 104TQ

2008 Cargo South 7x16 V-Nose Enclosed Trailer
    Black w/Diamond Plate Stone Guards, Aluminum Mag Wheels, White Interior Walls, Black & White Vinyl Floor (In Process), E-Track in Floor (In Process)

2007 Shelby Mustang GT #4453
    No Modifications - Yet!!!

2007 VW GTI 2.0FSI (Wifey's Toy)
    Revo Stage I, Progressive Tint, Forge Motorsports Billet Diverter Valve

Ford Taurus (Winter Driver)

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevF View Post

Its good to be back in the HD clan again......

P.S.....Now its not so great....
    Well, after a grand total of just over 150 miles, there is an added bonus of an increase in engine breathing.......................

A feckin great hole in the side of the block..........golf ball sized on the driver's side appeared on a gentle run today. Was taking it gently cruising the city when I turned into a side street and there was a bad vibration, then a loud knock followed by a cloud of oil smoke..........

Bugger..........................everywhere is shut here in the UK until 2nd Jan so I am stuck until then.

Life stucks a big one.........

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That got me scared. I have the same kit as you.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That sucks,Kev.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    sorry to hear that Kev!! keep us updated

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im not surprised at all since the stock 3V engine came from the factory for a naturally aspirated application. This failure wont be as common on the trucks as it is with the mustangs since they dont get the crap kicked out of them quite so much. The pistons and rods arent up to the task, especially the pistons on the 3V's. The add-on blower from dealer is low boost for good reason. If you want warranty undo the mods before you take it to the dealer.

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Im not surprised at all since the stock 3V engine came from the factory for a naturally aspirated application. This failure wont be as common on the trucks as it is with the mustangs since they dont get the crap kicked out of them quite so much. The pistons and rods arent up to the task, especially the pistons on the 3V's. The add-on blower from dealer is low boost for good reason. If you want warranty undo the mods before you take it to the dealer.
    Unless Ford has made the 3V pistons even flimsier, they should stand 5psi easily. Consider that most guys that add an Eaton to a standard '97-'03 F-150 run them at 10-12 psi with no issues, BUT it is all in the tune!!!!!!!

tdr6874
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the saleen upgrade is i think 6 lbs.....jdm who re-worked the truck i think bumped it to 9 or 10 lbs. hope it all works well and its an isolated incident. i am waiting to here from waxdaddy again about what went wrong.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Madferraristi View Post
    Unless Ford has made the 3V pistons even flimsier, they should stand 5psi easily.
    They did, for the 3V engine ford put the exhaust valve relief right to the edge of the piston crown taking away material right above the top ring. To make it even worse they duplicated the relief on the other side so the pistons can be used in both banks rather than make a right and left piston. 5 psi shouldnt be a problem on any stock engine regardless of brand but 12 psi for example on a 3V in a mustang or a truck is asking for a failure. The 3V engines Ive built after a failure (from boost) have pistons that break straight across the reliefs. I have pics for anyone in doubt.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast