Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: just drove the new harley and it sucked

01 HD #5088
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't even know why anyone would trade their 02/03 Harley for a new one. Even those with the 00/01. It's a rare truck and if it's well kept, something to be proud of. Sure the 08's are more comfy and got lots of goodies, but I have far more respect for those with older Harleys in tip top shape then those that have $45k to spend on the new ones.

I saw an 08 yesterday and it was very nice. The interior was gorgeous and the copper accents were a nice touch. The redesigned badges were pretty nice too. The one I saw had the stripe at the top of the body, but in the brochure they have another stripe package that looks like the 01, but with a copper/orange color filling underneath. Love it!! I may be biased though since I own an 01. And IMO, I like the 01 stripes the best. I never knew some found them not so appealing.

Congrats to all Harley owners, 00 to 08. They're all nice trucks with their own bit of appeal. I really can't say anything negative about the progression of Harley models. I was a little disappointed with the first Harley F-150 with the new body style, since it was a non-supercharged supercab, but like the 00, it is unique.

As for me, I love my 01, but I may have to sell it out of necessity.. :-( Since we traded our 05 F-150 XLT, the Harley has had to take on the ranch work and it just wasn't made for towing heavy loads. Not sure what will happen, but I'm thinking of getting an 08 King Ranch with a 6.5' bed. If finances permit, I'll keep the Harley and buy a new truck in addition, but not sure if that will be possible.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi guys, look time no talk.
    Just want to let you all know my '06 is still slamming!
    Haven't done anything else to her since the Whipple (6 lbs.), JBA shortys, Bassani exhaust. Oh, and the 2/4 GF.
    Been in several Harley/ Lightning/ Mustang shows here in Hawaii and have really made some great friends with others with the passion.
    Lined-up with several cool trucks thinking " just another overweight later model F-150" . LOVE to see the faces after we get to the next light!
    Remember, driver has ALL to do with it. If you aint gonna hold it, Don't brag how much horsepower/ how heavy these are / or any other mines better than your's talk.
    Had a reg cab SRT just about 2 months back yanking behind me , saw the headlights going up and down, ( standard tranny ) we just stabbed the gas and met him at the light. The first thing he tells me is " I had a lightning and it's waaaaay faster than this."
    See guy's like Josh said earlier, the cool thing about these trucks is the evolution of these trucks. Let's get um and then customise um to our liking. Great trucks.
    Sorry for the long post, just missed you guys tooooo much.
    Thanks once again Josh, you the man!
    Aloha,
    Bobby

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I love my new 07. It is the first new vehicle i have owned since an 01 camaro ss. I only have 200 miles on her, so i don't know how it truly runs. The saleen book recommends not going over 4,000 rpms for the 1st thousand miles. If the computer mileage is fairly accurate, it is getting around 14 mpg 50/50 city/highway. I think the only thing i will eventually change is the exhaust. Does anyone have a borla cat back system? Great site, i have enjoyed reading the posts.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    magnaflow & bassani seem to be the two most popular exhausts of choice on here.

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well here's what greeted me when I got down to Mildenhall...
    John had striped the engine down and this was the damage......

This is not a great shot but the crap that was in the strainer !!!

Last edited by KevF; 01-22-2008 at 01:42 PM.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    well if its gonna blow, it might as well make some crazy looking carnage!

you've got quite the collection of paperweights now lol, definate conversation starter haha

goodluck with the new motor!

FNG
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ouch

Name: asdfasfasdf

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thats those nice new wimpy pistons ford is running in all the 3V engines. The first thing that broke was the piston then the rod got jammed up, bent, broke and poked a hole in the block. Sorry about your luck, at least its covered. As usual, its number 7 or 8 cylinder, number 8 in this case.
    Last edited by Newman; 01-25-2008 at 11:27 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4