Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: December 2007 TOTM-Paul (Blu Buy U) Smith #359

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

December 2007 TOTM-Paul (Blu Buy U) Smith #359

Another year has gone by on the NHTOC and what better way to wrap up yet another year of the Truck Of The Month than bestowing the honor upon what is probably the most exemplary statement of perfection here or anywhere. This honor for the month of December goes to none other than Paul “Blu Buy U” Smith, member #359, and his 2002 Black Harley. Paul has been here for over 3+ years and has helped out the Brotherhood with his knowledge and graced us with the presence of his beautiful, ultra low mileage truck. Those of us who have seen the pics of his beauty could only begin to hope and achieve the level of pristine cleanliness that Paul has with his ride. She truly is as clean as she was the day old #08098 rolled off the showroom floor so many years ago. With an undercarriage so clean you could eat off (supposedly this is maintained by his wife and many hours on a creeper, but unsubstantiated as of yet, LOL) and the bevy of tasteful and eloquent modifications, truly warrant this ride and its owner as Truck Of The Month for December 2007!!!

Now enough of my rambling and onto the stuff that you all want to know!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks? Specifically your HD Truck?

The Power, the look, the fact that it sported the Harley Davidson Badge, the whole package! It was like my first pet as a kid,….It followed me home & would not leave.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

I’ve always been a motorcycle v enthusiast; in fact my first vehicle back in 1967 was a motorcycle. I have owned 9 different motorcycles over the years with the last two being Harleys. I became interested in Harley Davidson M/C’s back in 1995. I started out with a Sportster & quickly determined I “needed” a Softail Springer. In September of 1996 bought a new 1997 FXSTSB Bad Boy Softail Springer which I still have to this day. To say the least, I went Harley crazy,…. Harley this & Harley that,… I was in a full blown mid-life crisis of sorts LOL. In 2002 I was blessed with the means to by any vehicle I wanted & I chose the 2002 Harley truck hands down. One test drive and a little encouragement from my wife and I was sold. I have owned # 8098 ever since & have not looked back.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

I have more hours wrenching on my truck than I have behind the wheel. I love modding my truck, not just for the performance, handling & looks aspect, but for the self satisfaction of planning a project & and turning it into reality. It truly is therapeutic for me. I love opening the garage door, cranking up the stereo & going after it.
    My most favorite mod projects have been improving the suspension setup & handling aspects of the truck.
    - Hotchkis/ Bilstien Shocks /w Socal shock extenders
    - *** Panhard Bar
    - Belltech 3” drop leafs & BT Pro-coil 1” drop
    - Hellwig rear sway bar
    Second most favorite project was the stereo system
    - JL Audio Stealthbox
    - JL Audio component speakers
    - JL 250W/1 Sub Amp
    - JL 300/4 Amp
    Third
    - Bling Bling,..Chroming all the billet

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

Married to my lovely wife for 31 years. I have 2 beautiful daughters 29 & 21 & 3 grandchildren. Employeed by Chevron Corp for 30 years in Refinery Operations. Currently the Sr Ops Coordinator for the Richmond Refinery. My main interests are my family & grandchildren who always seem to keep me busy between soccer, T-Ball & gymnastics.
    In my quiet time I like to hang out reading the various sites supporting the Harley & Lightning communities.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

Great group of folks here sharing ideas & helping each other out. I really enjoy reading what others are doing on their projects & how they work through their issues. I have learned so much from others by sharing their experiences that I would not have even attempted tackling some of my projects without their guidance & sharing of information.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place??

Do not lose sight of keeping things fun and in perspective. Are we having fun yet?

Question # 7: This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

One day my wife and I were on a short highway jaunt & a Corvette blew past us like we were standing still. We finally catch-up to the vette at a traffic light on the off ramp. The license plate on the vette was fitting for what we just experienced,..”BluBuyU”. Although not original, I made a ****** note to shamelessly steal & “pleasurize” the use of that name.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

I have in the works a set of Metco Trac Links (Lowers) from Tim @ Chickenears. I plan to get the Metcos on by this spring after I work the standard Bassani “L” exit bracket clearance issue. I also have a set of interior billet grab handles that are off being chromed. As far as the future goes, I’m considering a Cervinis Ram Air Hood, hinged fiberglass bed cover, big brake kit. I also hope to pass the 3K milage mark by the end of the decade,… currently at 2K and counting.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

Has the FDA approved a medical treatment for the Mod bug yet?
    Seriously, .. You all are like a surrogate family members to me. Although I do not post much, I am around as much as I can be & look forward to see what you are all up to.

I want to wish you & your families a safe & peaceful holiday season.

Peace. Paul (BluBuyU)

Congratulation once again to Blu Buy U for December 2007 TOTM!!!! Now get out there and drive!!!
    Last edited by bgstew6; 12-09-2007 at 11:42 PM.

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am truly invious of your truck Paul!! That baby is spotless... Well deserved trophy for this month!!

Congratulations!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats BBU.Awsome truck!!!!!

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Amazing how gorgeous your truck is,even when mine was brand new it wasn't as clean as yours,very well deserved TOTM...way to go !!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS BBU

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Congrats BBU!!!! definately well deserved!!!

and now as celebration for the truck, we expect to see a BIG SMOKEY burnout pic! lol that truck needs to stretch its legs a bit more with only 2K miles!! haha

2003 H/D #6809
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wow, 2k that is simply amazing......congrats!!!
    2009 G8 GT<--FOR SALE or TRADE for 03 HD
    Vararam|axle backs, H pipe, mids/res delete|pedders coil overs|cortex|DDM 8k HIDs|20% tint|vortex fins|hidden hitch|spohn trailing arms|BMR full bushing kit
    GXP Mods:
    front bumper|diffuser
    SSv Mods:
    SSv badges
    Camaro Mods:
    20" MS rims|SS Brembo's

2007 ZX-14<-------FOR SALE
    16/41|pc3|dual leo vince|asv levers|lowered|DDM 6k HIDs|puig|sliders|ostrich skin

SOLD-----2003 HD #6809-----SOLD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2k GOOD GOD!

Congrats and I'm officially disgusted by my own truck!

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats BBU. Truck looks sharp.

New Zealand.. Where???
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Paul. Its is well deserved. This is a man that takes total pride in what Ford and Harley have produced!!!

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Congrats Paul your truck looks spotless like always.

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Good God! Congrats BBU! Definately well deserved! Beautiful!

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats!
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Congrats. Beautiful truck.

You have the only truck I would trade mine for.

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats Paul. A well deserved honor. Happy Holidays!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank you everyone. I truely do appreciate the recognition & kind words.
    I wish you & your families a safe & peaceful holiday season & may 2008 bring you good health & happiness. Peace, Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast