Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mitchell Report

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdharley03 View Post
    This just in!!! Steroids are illegal regardless of who is taking them, not just for sports...LOL. What they are doing is against the rules AND illegal.
    Steroids are useful when not abused. There are cancer patients all over the world who take steroids to help them recover. So if one of my favorite all time players Mike Lowell who is a cancer survivor is on the list, what will people think? If he was given 'Roids to help in his recovery and survival, would that be against the rules?
    Sean E.
    '02 DSG HD ( Gone but will always have a special place in my heart...)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This just in!!! Steroids are illegal regardless of who is taking them, not just for sports...LOL. What they are doing is against the rules AND illegal.
    That's why I put illegal in quotes. I know it's illegal, but since MLB did nothing in the past to test for it, the players had no consequences at all inside the league. So why not do it if you really did not care about the consequences on your heart/body?

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaHarley View Post
    Steroids are useful when not abused. There are cancer patients all over the world who take steroids to help them recover. So if one of my favorite all time players Mike Lowell who is a cancer survivor is on the list, what will people think? If he was given 'Roids to help in his recovery and survival, would that be against the rules?
    I agree. However, there are 2 guys that I can think of in all of baseball who would have this excuse and they are Lowell and Jon Lester (there could be more). They both happen to play on the greatest team in baseball, but that's beside the point (cheap shot at fordfan1).

I really hope niether one of these guys is on the list since they are both great players with great stories, but you never know. Lowell needed them for treatment, but also just had his best season yet at what 35? I really dont know what they would do in that situation and hope they arent on the list.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree. However, there are 2 guys that I can think of in all of baseball who would have this excuse and they are Lowell and Jon Lester (there could be more). They both happen to play on the greatest team in baseball, but that's beside the point (cheap shot at fordfan1).

I really hope niether one of these guys is on the list since they are both great players with great stories, but you never know. Lowell needed them for treatment, but also just had his best season yet at what 35? I really dont know what they would do in that situation and hope they arent on the list.
    ...on a serious note, i dont think they will cut them any slake(sp)..lol

because then others can find doctors who can write mommy notes and say so and so needs to take hgh for whatever reason..

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Wolf View Post
    That's why I put illegal in quotes. I know it's illegal, but since MLB did nothing in the past to test for it, the players had no consequences at all inside the league. So why not do it if you really did not care about the consequences on your heart/body?
    My comment was aimed at fordfan1 after post #25 talking about how the feds shouldnt pursue this or care about it and how there are bigger offenses out there to catch.

I know what you are saying Grey and can see as well why the players continue to take the steroids.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    I honestly dont think this substance abuse will stop until the players that have taken them in the past start to have serious health issues. Then the players of today will really have to see if it is worth it.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I honestly dont think this substance abuse will stop until the players that have taken them in the past start to have serious health issues. Then the players of today will really have to see if it is worth it.
    ya has of right now this is not going to stop them..they dont mind the small fee's and 10-20 days suspension if it means getting the millions they want..the only way i see it getting under control is if they penalties get more strict..like minimum 30-40 games without pay..bigger fines..and also fine the team owner..

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    First offense is 50 game suspension with no pay ( i believe). 2nd is 100 games and third is a lifetime ban from the sport. The penalty is steep now, unfortunately, they can't test for everything that is being taken.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaHarley View Post
    Don't forget all those with inhalers. Asthma inhalers are steroids.

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is the report in pdf format.

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/pdf/...ell_report.pdf

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Barry Bonds, Jose Canseco, Jason Giambi

I am shocked!

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    LOL

Good God that's a long report. Just give me a list.

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good God that's a long report. Just give me a list
    Come on read a little, lol.

Major names:
    Barry Bonds
    Jason Giambi and his brother
    Eric Gagne
    Miguel Tejada
    Roger Clemens
    Andy Petite
    Paul Loduca

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Eric Gagne?

Those damned Canadians!

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    No suprises on any of those big names. There are plenty more that didnt get caught.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast