Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Mitchell Report

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've been kind of glancing through the report and watching ESPN at the same time and I agreed with ESPN take, it seems like some of the information in the report is stuff that has already come out a couple of years ago.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sdharley03 View Post
    No suprises on any of those big names. There are plenty more that didnt get caught.
    Yup I think everyone knows that since it was hard for the commission to have the players implicate one another.
    Tazz

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaHarley View Post
    I've been kind of glancing through the report and watching ESPN at the same time and I agreed with ESPN take, it seems like some of the information in the report is stuff that has already come out a couple of years ago.
    Yup
    Because of the problem of the players not wanting to implicate others in the brotherhood. The only way they could tie anything to anyone was indirectly. Take for example Mcgwire No evidence linking him to use of steroids was found.
    Also this list I hope is aimed more at going after the suppliers instead of the users since baseball as a whole knew a problem existed but really didnt do anything about it. Now the problem is what to do about the players that did use and broke records and weather they will get to keep there names on the record books. If it can be shown that those players were using during there record breaks then they might get striped of there honors. I think thats just right no matter if the Game looked the other way just like in any other sports where there caught they get striped of the titles and medals.
    Tazz

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i just find it kinda funny that everyone gave jose canseco so much grief for his book a couple of years ago and it turns out most of his book is true.....

do you guys think roger clemens will get treated like barry bonds now or will "the rocket" get a free pass?
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 01harleydude View Post
    i just find it kinda funny that everyone gave jose canseco so much grief for his book a couple of years ago and it turns out most of his book is true.....

do you guys think roger clemens will get treated like barry bonds now or will "the rocket" get a free pass?
    I think Clemens will get a pass because the report says he took it in 1998. Since it wasn't enforced back then and only became part of the Collective Bargaining agreement in 2002. If some tests or proof come out to show he used after 2002, then it's a different story. Guaranteed he retires now too.

I gave Canseco grief not because of the names in the book, but because he ratted them out. I think he ratted them out because he didn't get the treatment from fans and media like McGwire did in 98. He was one of the bash brothers, rookie of the year in 86 and had an up and down career. But think of the comeback year he had in Toronto and Clemens is right there as his teammate in 98.

Right or wrong with the names, he was a little b!tch to spill the beans.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Totally agree.
    Tazz

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4