Thread: Predator vs. sct handheld

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Predator vs. sct handheld

Which hand held sits above the other? Im sure it comes down to personal thoughts, but i've been ready up on both and they almost seem like the same thing. The one thing I noticed is that the predator has an on/off feature for traction control and Re-Calibrate Speedometer for Gear and Tire Size Changes. I saw that the sct through jdm comes with one tune, Is that the same with jlp and the predator? I tryed to call, but I guess I will have to wait for them to call back.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I think the answer you are going to hear most is to buy what your tuner prefers to use.

*Edit

I have a barely used unlocked Predator for sale

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WE dont have traction control on these trucks..it wont be an available option for your Harley...WE have TQ reduction

The PRedator comes with performance precanned tunes for 89,91,93 oct (only enhance the stock setup slightly)
    It also comes with precanned pulley tunes for 89, 91,93 good for 13lbs of boost. Basically a good tune to put in and get ya to the dyno and get a real live dyno tune done if you put a 6lb lower on.

The Newer predators can hold mulitiple custom tunes (ie ones created by your tuner, say for towing, DD and Race or Nitrous tunes.

SCT comes in reality with nothing in it....the tuner that you buy it from (in this instance (JDM) would have one tune, basically a precanned tune, he whips up a roundabout tune for your mods and puts it on the SCT before sending it out.

Pros and cons of each....but like Stein said, whatever your tuner uses is the tuning device you should get....and nothing beats a real live custom Dyno tune.

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    steinjr says it in a nutshell.

Pick your tuner then go with whatever he uses or recommends.