Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Changes in XM/Sirius?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like XM better myself. I know on the GM's you could get inside the dash and change out the XM piece to a Sirius piece. Is there anyway to do this on the Fords with the Nav deck?

Sirius plays the same songs over and over again. Plus their customer service is horrid.

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not sure if you can do it with Ford's navigation deck, but it might not matter since Sirius bought or is thinking of buying out XM.

Yes, Sirius customer service is horrible. I have called a couple of times and can't get a straight answer to my questions.

Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Xm!

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhd View Post
    Sorry to bring this back up, but has anyone ever activated two radios at once with sirius? I want to get it for my wife's car and for the HD. I am looking to pay the $399 lifetime subscription and looking to get a deal on the 2nd one. Do you guys suggest the lifetime or pay by month,year?
    Yea, with the two company's combining, I would wait on the lifetime and just pay yearly! You pay I think $12/month or $120 a year... with the second reciever, it will only cost you $84/year!! I have 3, 1 full price and the other 2 are discounted!

BTW I have never had a issue with CS in the last 4 years I've had Sirius!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Having had both I got to know the customer service dept real well. I had XM factory in my Silverado, and an add-on Sirius unit in my GTO.

The sirius had worse reception in areas with lots of trees, and not as good sound quality. So I cancelled it. They blow up my cell phone at least 3 times a month trying to get me to renew with them. I thought it was the add-on unit which had the poor signal, but my factory Ford unit goes out in the same areas.

I'm glad I get it for 6mos free to see what the companies are going to do.

For rock Sirius is better, but for rap or top 40 stations XM has it beat all day long.

No more blower...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had Sirius. My problem with it was that all the stations were very niche. I mean that there wasn't a station that played a broad spectrum of music. You had three different stations for hip-hop (which all play different styles of hip-hop, 2 country (old vs. new), and about 20 for rock (if you want to listen to the type of music that the regular radio stations play, you had to scan across multiple stations). Does XM do this? The other thing is that my Pioneer is NavTraffic capable through XM. Not sure if Sirius offers anything like this.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There are pros and cons to each. I have Sirius in my truck and XM in the Hummer. My fiance loves the XM whereas I like listening to NFL when I am traveling on Sundays. I like the display of the XM better because it is a lot more user friendly than Sirius. I say it just depends on what you prefer. Both have good music stations, comedy, and talk shows. Just depends on your pref. Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2