Thread: Alarm Recommendations

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Alarm Recommendations

Looking for an alarm with everything except remote start. It should also have at least 3 auxiliary functions to control future mods (such as power operated tonneau). Thanks

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the only remote i use does have a remote start so i guess it doesnt help you, but incase anyones wondering i use clifford solaris model with the black jack add on option..

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    I perfer Viper.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    from what i hear viper and clifford are the same thing. Pretty sure made by the same company. I second the clifford

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Both made my DEI and basically the same thing. I have a Clifford Matrix 3.5 RSX. It worked well for 3 years so far, but the remote is starting to have trouble reading when i press the buttons. Also, dont get tilt sensors on the wheels. I can't park on a hill without my alarm going off.

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have an Autopage RS900. same as other DEI units. also with remote start and also has the doppler microwave sensor capability and other outputs. got mine for IIRC $169 ebay.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    anything DEI is pretty good. viper and clifford are their top model brands. basically same stuff just different names.

most come with remote start included, but i'm sure you can just have them not hook it up if you really dont want it, but it is a nice feature to have.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks for the replies. What do you guys use remote start for?

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    I use my remote start for warming up the motor before i get to the truck so it is ready to run when i get in.
    On the Expedition i use it so the interior is at desired temp before i put our son in it. When it is cold outside it is nice putting him into a warn vehicle. plus the wife likes it also, she hates the cold.
    Troy - 2002 DSG #09850. 378 HP, 465 TQ

No more blower...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just got the Clifford Matrix set-up in my 2005. Was a PITA to get working right, but it is nice. After my 2002 DSG had Remote start, I will never own a vehicle without it...

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I got the Viper 5900 2-Way Security System / Remote Start System with Responder SST Technology....After my truck got jacked in front of my house.

Viper - Security with Remote Start - Viper 5900

This Responder SST System from Viper is simply the most advanced 2-way Security and Remote Start system in the world! The interactive display on your Responder remote confirms all commands – virtually instantly – with easy to understand icons and text. It alerts users to security system triggers by beeping or vibrating when out of audible range of the siren. And of course this system will also start your vehicle with the push of a button, and you will get confirmation back that it started from up to one mile away.

No more blower...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mario - be careful with those pager remotes. The sales guy tried to sell me on a system that had those. I thought about it and said what am I going to do if the pager goes off that my truck is getting broken into? Take a bullet to keep my radio? No thanks brother...that's what insurance is for. I just wanted something to make noise and flash lights. Hopefully that will deter somebody...worked on my last truck

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    the pager remote is definatly a must have IMO. it isnt always somebody with a gun aimed to kill you thats busting into your truck. could be some punk kid vandalizing, or somebody else in a parking lot that maybe hit your truck, or even if it does seem too sketchy to confront them, a quick call to the cops when you know immediately when it happened is better than waking up to a stolen truck or vandalized truck hours after it happened if you cant hear the alarm from inside, but the remote is still in range to beep.

also with remote start the pager remote will show you when the truck is running, when it times out and turns back off, will let you know if its armed or unarmed incase you go into the store and forget if you locked it or not, will let you know which sensor set the alarm off, etc. etc.

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    the pager remote is definatly a must have IMO. it isnt always somebody with a gun aimed to kill you thats busting into your truck. could be some punk kid vandalizing, or somebody else in a parking lot that maybe hit your truck, or even if it does seem too sketchy to confront them, a quick call to the cops when you know immediately when it happened is better than waking up to a stolen truck or vandalized truck hours after it happened if you cant hear the alarm from inside, but the remote is still in range to beep.

also with remote start the pager remote will show you when the truck is running, when it times out and turns back off, will let you know if its armed or unarmed incase you go into the store and forget if you locked it or not, will let you know which sensor set the alarm off, etc. etc.

What he said

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks to all for your advice. Going to have a Clifford Matrix 12.5X installed this Saturday.