Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: January 2008 TOTM – Henrique (Hoffmann) Hoffmann

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

January 2008 TOTM – Henrique (Hoffmann) Hoffmann

Out with the old year and in with a New! Happy New Year Ladies and Gents and what better way to kick it off than honoring another fine truck and exemplary member! This recognition for the month of January belongs to NHTOC Member #240 Henri (Hoffmann) Hoffmann and his tastefully done 2002 Black Harley Davidson Super Crew, build #02256!! Not only is he the resident “Where’s Waldo” of NHTOC, due to some past episodes of not being able to find him from time to time! But first and foremost Henri is yet another fine example of a diehard Harley truck owner/enthusiast. Hoffie is a dedicated family man, great friend and upstanding NHTOC member who unselfishly provides knowledge to the brotherhood here, along with a tastefully modded 02 Black Harley Super Crew.

SO… Let’s get onto the stuff that you all want to know!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks? Specifically your HD Truck?

Back in 2000 I was at a waiting room of a medical office, and randomly picked up a magazine where it had the two center pages an advertisement of the new release of the "Ford F-150 Harley Davidson edition", needless to say I was drooling all over reading all the specs, the 20" rims, the leather...everything I wished for in a pick up truck, well that's where it sparked my interest in the trucks, about my truck, to be continued in the next question...

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

...at that time, I had a Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T single cab, and that was fast, but I always looked at the Lightning 2nd gen, but it had the same problem as the truck I had..."the cab" too small and I would not trade to have the same lack of room, but reading that magazine and seeing the "new" 2000 HD with extra cab was an answer, but I couldn't afford one, even worse, people were paying about 10k over the sticker...so that was only a dream.
    On the same year, got married with a person that had a kid, my son came to live with me and I needed a car with capabilities to carry passengers, so I sold the truck and bought a Honda station wagon, but the MOD bug doesn't forgive not even that kind of car, so I put on some 17"s,baged it, installed a sound system, kept that thing for about two years, than the pick up truck desire got me once again. At this time I wanted a dually bad, like a F350,to put a wide rear tire instead of double wheels, so one day cruising at dealerships, I saw a F250 HD, but the sticker was 45K and again...way too much for me, but it reminded me about the F150 HD, so hunting for the HD I went...found a '01 with 50k miles and bought it, then joined NHTOC and started reading, only then did I realized they had a "SC" version. I was upset with my purchase because there was so many things I wanted and the '01 didn't have, so 20 days later, I traded my '01 for the '02 I have now.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

My favorite MOD is without a doubt the '01 steering wheel, it's something Ford should never had changed on this trucks, actually they should have had it since the first HD truck.

What I have are most basics:

6# lower/predator/MP idler bracket
    FTVB/deep pan
    AMW oil sep
    Triple gauge pillar/SW gauges black n black
    Hotchkis TVS/QA1's belltech spindles
    Lightning front bumper/headlights
    Gaylord speedstur lid/bedrug

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

Since my whole family live in Brazil, it's just me, my teenager son and my little dog. I work long hours, love what I do, but I am tired of driving all the time…not much time left for hobbies. Usually my spare time is spent on cleaning my truck, wrenching and obviously on the computer post whoring, searching for MOD's and reading about other peeps MOD's

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

The main thing is the "Family environment" I love the friendship we have here. I know you guys must be thinking I disappear from time to time, but darn...you guys make me spend so much money!!!
    But as a good son, I always come back and will be here for a long time hence I won't be selling my baby anytime soon.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place??

Tough one because it goes on personal side, but the one thing is to recover the respect we always had and sometimes it seems fading, the good and old "j/k" after saying something that could be interpreted as a bad joke and things like that……..think twice and post once, and most of all:

Never forget…..nobody was born knowing it all, be nice to newbies when an old question is posted.

Question # 7: This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

This is an easy one...I made a mistake when registering, actually Hoffmann is my last name and after it was there, I didn't want to change, but soon after you guys adapted the "Hoffie" and that's pretty cool because made me feel "at home" and with a warmth in the new nick name!

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

There are so many things I wanted to MOD, but I am not so sure...
    my truck is not the blingest, it's not even close to be the fastest, but at least I enjoy driving it every single day we are together, so I don't see that much of MODding...yeah right!

Things on to do list are sound system/dynomat for now...

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

Just thank you all for being there when I most needed it, you gave me comfort in bad phases of my life, support when I posted some of my MOD's, ,laughter when I read many posts, companionship when I was lonely...oh boy...I think I'll start crying (lol)

Thank you all very much, you are my brothers...for the honor of having my truck as TOTM in January (month of my birthday)and above all...

"long life to NHTOC"

Congrats once again HOffie, well deserved TOTM!!!

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Well done! Congrats!!!

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Way to go Mr. Hoffner.

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Congrats Hoffie!!!

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats Hoffie!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats on TOTM,,and happy b-day(on whatever day,,).

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go!

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats!
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Hoffie! You have a sweet looking ride there. Thanks for sharing your knowledge & being a standup member of NHTOC. Way to go!
    BBU

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    congratulations hoffie!! good to see the offical j-ho cheif gets honors!!!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    congrats hoff!!! you GOTTA make our January JHO GTG now! we'll celebrate the award! definiately well deserved!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    CONGRATS!

that is all.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Hoffie, well deserved!!!

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good Job Hoffie!!

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's ma boy!! You have deffinatly deserved this award!!

CONGRATULATIONS HOFFIE!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast