Thread: National Museum of the Marine Corps

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts

National Museum of the Marine Corps

If'n your on the east coast (Quantico Va.) a must place to visit

Video NMMC: Orientation Theater Film - National, Museum, of, the, Zinni - Dailymotion Share Your Videos

This presentation is what they show everyone (including civilians) before they start the museum tour. There are three major what they call "emersions" during the tour.

The first is what it was like to be in the first wave of landing craft going into Iwo Jima; the second is what the breakout from Chosin Reservoir was like and includes cold (but not freezing air conditioning); and the last one is what it was like in an CH-46 making a landing in a zone complete with shakes, rattles, and rolls plus the smell of oil and hydraulic fluid.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've been there several times.

As our relatives visit my Dad and I always suggest that it be one of their stops on a sightseeing tour in Washington. Particularly given it's convenient location (At Quantico MCB, VA) and the weath of history for the freebie price.

When my Dad and I visited for the first time a young Marine in blues followed us around to explain specific subjects. He was pretty impressed that my Dad remembered enough to get the uniform inspection right.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was just there Saturday to take some friends of the family.
    Took a couple pics in front of the Museum.