Thread: speaker install

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

speaker install

Hi guys , just bought 2 sets of Infinity Kappa 682.7 and was wondering if how i should install them they come with what i think is a crossover which was self explainotory on the connections , but i want to know how to hook that up to the factory wiring seeing as how the stock ones come with a plug?

Can i cut the plug off and use those caps to twist on the wire or should i just buy the plugs from crutchfield or what?

Just for reference i am gonna put an amp to them after i buy a new head unit.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    you can't buy pigtail extensions from Crutchfield or places like that, that will keep you from butchering your stock wiring. Or you can use cable taps and gently splice into the wiring behing the plug and run extensions off of those. If you are going to run and amp later, I would wait and run new wires when you do that install. We are trying to preserve the stock wiring as best as possible incase you ever sell your truck. Any audio shop should be able to help you out fairly cheaply.

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    thanks that helps. 2manytrucks

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Circuit City and best buy usually cares the pigtales also. Usually have to ask for them, because they keep them in the install bays.

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    thanks i was wondering if i could get them local.

can i use the twist caps to connect the pigtails to the speaker? because i have no idea how to solder.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    if you look in your speaker box from Infinity, there should be some little connectors that crimp onto the pigtail wires. One of them is actually alot smaller than the other, so don't lose them.

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you can cut them off and use solderless connections to connect them back together. they have them at radio shack. pretty easy.

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Laugh

Well im done with the install and it went great for my first time. I ended up buying pigtails and connect them with butt connectors.

The spaekers themselves sound awesome i cant wait to put an amp or HU to them to see what they can really do. And ill for sure be asking for help on that as well.

So thanks to everyone for there advice!