Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Gen.0 Lightning!!! It Runs! (Exhaust Finished: Pics pg. 9) (Vid Coming Soon)

Work In Progress
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Definitely need to have a video of you doing a burn out in her with the ladder rack in the back.
    Last edited by Shadow Grey; 01-28-2008 at 12:57 PM.

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Grey View Post
    Definitely need to have a video of you doing a burn out in her with ladder rack in the back.

hell yea

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    well I have always wanted a set of gen 1 lightning rims, but I keep saying I'm not going to get a set until I need a new set of tires cuz the steelie 15's still have good rubbers on them, so maybe i'll have to coax them along a bit

my luck though i'd blow the trans and the rear at the same time

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    well with a day for tattoostuff's "bad juju" curse to wear off, made some good progress last night, mostly thanks to chip! lol Crank threads chased right out with the tap, and all the gaskets are now nice and new!

Friday i'm going to do some final stuff in the engine bay (cleanup some wiring & lines), and some small stuff on the motor (plugs, cap the egr ports on the back of the head, etc.), and either friday or saturday drop the engine into the truck! Hopefully get the trans bolted back up, DS back in, and the top end back on over the course of this weekend. Next weekend I'll tackle the accessories, think I'm going to run into some alternator issues, my old one has 3 single wire cables going to the back of it, the new one has a 3 wire plug, a 1 wire plug, and a cable. I need to find the wiring diagrams for both alts and see if i can rewire the new one to work. can't reuse the old one cuz its vbelt, and the mounting brackets different.

and what is an update without pics :nanana:

Huge thanks to Chip for coming out to the shop twice to help out getting the gaskets all replaced, and huge thanks to Ken for brining me a 351 clutch fan!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Had some Sonic Blue left over from the Harley,,eh?lol.Looks good.Equal-length shorties,,or long tubes would go well with the new paint.hehehehe

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you come across another Lightning 351 let me know!! What did he do with the intake?

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by '02HD#3982 View Post
    Had some Sonic Blue left over from the Harley,,eh?lol.Looks good.Equal-length shorties,,or long tubes would go well with the new paint.hehehehe
    lol actually had to buy more sonic blue, but that was in preparation for painting another motor for the HD

and I got a KILLER deal on a FULL exhaust system barely used We figured $150 for summit POS shorty headers, $350 for bassani catted midpipes (cheapest catted mids i could find), and $250 for a used bassani catback off ebay (again cheapest I could find), for that $750 for just a half decent, half used half new, pieced together setup, a buddy is hooking me up with full length long tube headers, 3" high flow cats & midpipes, DI/DO SS magnaflow muffler, and chrome tips, and extended to fit the longbed with L style exit. Setup's barely used and worth over twice that! So 750 for half azz setup, or 750 for badazz setup! Easy choice there! lol

Quote Originally Posted by dsblk93gt View Post
    If you come across another Lightning 351 let me know!! What did he do with the intake?
    i think chip already sold the L intakes, but we've got a 383 stroker motor that put down 1,280 some rwhp up at the shop for sale....3500 haha
    Checkout the NLOC gen 1 classifieds, tattoostuff posted up a bunch of stuff last night. did you ever get in touch with him? He said he didnt get your email. PM me if you still want some parts, tattoo wanted me to give you his number to call him if you want anything. I have a feeling he's trying to get rid of all this stuff ASAP to make room for a 2008 HD F-150

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    lol actually had to buy more sonic blue, but that was in preparation for painting another motor for the HD

and I got a KILLER deal on a FULL exhaust system barely used We figured $150 for summit POS shorty headers, $350 for bassani catted midpipes (cheapest catted mids i could find), and $250 for a used bassani catback off ebay (again cheapest I could find), for that $750 for just a half decent, half used half new, pieced together setup, a buddy is hooking me up with full length long tube headers, 3" high flow cats & midpipes, DI/DO SS magnaflow muffler, and chrome tips, and extended to fit the longbed with L style exit. Setup's barely used and worth over twice that! So 750 for half azz setup, or 750 for badazz setup! Easy choice there! lol

i think chip already sold the L intakes, but we've got a 383 stroker motor that put down 1,280 some rwhp up at the shop for sale....3500 haha
    Checkout the NLOC gen 1 classifieds, tattoostuff posted up a bunch of stuff last night. did you ever get in touch with him? He said he didnt get your email. PM me if you still want some parts, tattoo wanted me to give you his number to call him if you want anything. I have a feeling he's trying to get rid of all this stuff ASAP to make room for a 2008 HD F-150
    No I didn't get a chance to yet. I will though.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    aight, if you want his #, just shoot me an email or PM. he's trying to unload all the stuff pretty quick now, so you might catch a killer deal while he's trying to move the stuff!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Ready to drop the motor in!

got the engine bay all ready to go to drop the motor in tomorrow.

what a MESS of wiring!!! Over 90% of them are either to sensors that havent been hooked up in ages, or just end in the middle of nowhere lol. Just ended up running them in big 1" loom since it was too much of a PITA to try and sort through and snip out the unused ones.

Is this the voltage regulator for my old alternator? Can I remove it since I'm putting the alternator in from the 94?

Who needs a security system when there's a MOAT surrounding the shop! Need a running start to leap the lake to get in the door haha

got some more of the engine bay painted, and the wiring loomed up. still aint purdy looking, but look at the old pics side by side with this, and its 100x's better with everything not rusted, dirt colored, greased covered, & bare wires everywhere, etc. lol

got the rockers masked off to cover up my little bondo fix tomorrow too ghetto-style lol

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lookin good! How many hours a day do you work on this lol you need to come down here!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    haha usually just 3-4 hours on fri-sat-sun and then I get bored/fedup and go home lol. so far i've got about 20 hours into it. This is the 3rd weekend. Just take my time cleaning the parts up for painting, etc. Usually do a little body work, cleanup some parts, paint some parts, do a little wrenching, then head home haha. Could put in longer days and get it finished sooner, but i'm not in that huge of a rush, just need it done by the time the weather breaks.

My buddy is swinging by tomorow to give me a hand putting the motor & trans in, then i might have him cleanup & paint the accessories (PS pump, alt, brackets, idlers) while I start to put the top end back on. Hopefully get the rockers sanded & painted too, should make some good progress this weekend!

Next weekend our bash is saturday, but hopefully that sunday I can get the accessories all bolted on, any small odds & ends finished, then I'm gone 2 weeks to seattle, so by the 1st weekend in march I should have my full exhaust by then, throw that on, and fire it up!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    My buddy Matt swung by the shop yesterday to give me a hand. All the way from studying abroad in Turkey to spin some wrenches on the old hooptie! lol

Got the rest of the bondo sanded down lol, have a few 4th coat spots to touch up, but its almost ready to go! going to hopefully finish it up today.

Motor ready to drop in! The 5/8-11 bolts worked perfect for the back of the heads to plug the EGR ports, just had to cut them down to 1" and it worked great.

Got the pro-jection setup bolted back on, but have to reroute some wires & reloom some stuff up, but I'll get to that today

Got the tranny mounted back up also. was a bit of a PITA, but finally got that up. Along with new tranny mount & new engine mounts, got the driveshaft thrown back in too.

one issue, where can I get another one of these from? Its a coolant elbow, but also has a bung in the side for my temp sender for the fuel injection.

Here's the hold in the manifold on the left. What size is the thread on there?

Can only work on it for a few hours today, but hopefully get at least 1 side of the rockers painted that doesnt need the 4th touchup, and get the fuel injection wiring squared away, and paint the accessories to bolt them on next weekend!

Truckless........for now.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would guess that it would be pipe thread (maybe 1/2"). Could probably get a regular elbow from a parts store, but one with the sender port might be a Ford only item.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Id say 1/2 pipe too.Go to a parts store.They should have some fittings that would work in their climate systems books(i.e. 4Seasons,,or whatever brand of heater hose/compressors/HVAC controls they carry)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast