Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Gen.0 Lightning!!! It Runs! (Exhaust Finished: Pics pg. 9) (Vid Coming Soon)

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    cool thanks, I'll check for 1/2". I actually only need the elbow now, don't need the port. My t-stat elbow had a vaccuum tree that tapped into the coolant elbow, duno what it was for, but all the vac ports were capped off, so I just ditched that and putting the temp sender there. Makes it easier to find the elbow now.

little bit of progress today....got the accessories all cleaned up and painted, got the fuel injection wiring all cleaned up & loomed, got the drivers side bondo 4th coated, and got the passenger side painted & finished

Holley Pro-jection setup all hooked up ready to go!

drivers side almost done. will sand the last coat of bondo down friday & shoot it with the bed coating

Here's the "top secret" fix lol. Tattoostuffs idea and actually didnt turn out too bad. Rubberized bed coating to hit the rockers with. gives it more of a work truck look. completely hides the patches. trying to match that silver would have been a PITA, and would have had to put more work into making sure the patches were perfect.

looks more like the OEM 2 tone now with the color on the top & bottom instead of just the top.

hides the patches nicely

probably gonna paint some of the anodized blue to outline the flames along the border of the top black part and tie it in with the engine bay. depends how ambitious I decide to be lol

Probalby taking off friday to try and get the accessories on, radiator & fan in, etc. Its winding down!

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    i like way it looks now with the bottom painted!!

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Looking sweet !!!

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah i really like that look, that looks damn good for a temp fix

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    thanks fellas!

It did turn out a bit better than I expected. Hard to tell in the pics, but in person you can see the texture in the stuff more. Just used duplicolor heavy duty spray on bedliner. Gonna take some getting used to looking at the truck with the black on the bottom, I did really like the silver on the lower half, but for a temp fix til it gets a full frame off resto, its good enough! haha. Might mess around with doing the sonic blue outline on the stripe next weekend. should make the paintjob pop a little, and match the new purdy motor in that ugly engine bay

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Looking good!! Wow.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    was trying to search to see what the hp/tq rating was for the 1985 Ford 302 2bbl was, but couldnt find too much. This is the closest thing I could find...

For the 1985 2 bbl carb., the 302's had 135 hp @ 3600 rpm, and 239 ft/lbs tq @1900 rpm's

WOW! 135 hp!!! haha I guess I wasn't kidding when I said I figured the truck probably had under 100 horses to the wheels

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow...for the pace of it ,will be done before your thoughts Josh...it's coming out nice

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    haha thanks hoff! It is moving along pretty well for just a weekend project. After the HD took FOREVER to finish up during its buildup due to wrong parts, broken parts, missing parts, etc., i'm not used to stuff moving along this quickly!

Its going on pause for 2 weeks though when I'm on travel, but I should finish it up the week after I return!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    NICE!!!!

With all that blue anodized paint you use, Duplicolor should sponsor you! LOL

www.RTDELECTRONIX.com
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nice job josh .looks sweet

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

It's almost done!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dsblk93gt View Post
    NICE!!!!

With all that blue anodized paint you use, Duplicolor should sponsor you! LOL
    hahaha I know, I've probably bought 8-10 cans of the blue stuff already between the HD project and now this one!

I tried a little experiment last night but it didnt work out so well. I was going to outline the black flame on the truck in the sonic blue so it would tie the exterior in with the engine bay & interior, but it turned out looking kind of odd. Good thing I just did 1 fender, blasted some brake cleaner on it and got it off right away

I forgot my camera (believe it or not!) so I didnt get pics of that, but I got pics from up at the shop friday. got the brackets temporarily on. I didn't have any bolts that will work, so I went to Lowes Sunday and got the bolts to bolt up the PS bracket, tensioner bracket, and alternator. all the ones off my old motor are either like 1/4" too short or 1/4" too long haha. That stuffs all bolted on with Grade 8 hardware now! Basically just need to get my A/C delete pulley, 1 coolant fitting for the manifold, then find a belt the right length, throw the fan & shroud on, get my exhaust from chip, and its done! I can't work on it for the next 2 weekends, but I should have it done the 1st or 2nd weekend in march!!!!

did the brackets silver, and the pullies for the stuff on the brackets silver. didnt feel like doing the 3 step for anodized blue

PICS!!!

its lookin purdy!!!! i gotta repaint the top filter plate. must have been too cold and the paint crinkled up i'll fix it next time, just threw it on for pics though

got the radiator back in, but didnt put the fan or bolt the srhoud in til i get a belt on there. be easier than wrestling it on with the fan since i have no clue what size ineed with the A/C delete pulley & no smog pump

did some more undercoating. brought it around the front and partially down the side

its gettin there! couldnt do the bedside. damn chunk of bondo fell out when the sander caught the fender lip edge had to touch up lol. can't wait til i can get it fixed right...but til then, bondo + bedliner! haha

i'm getting REALLY tired of going to advance auto! every time I think i finally got everything i need, and nope! lol luckily I pass it every time on my way to/from philly

Truckless........for now.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looking good Josh. Maybe you could find a set of Harley Reps with the dual bolt pattern. I believe the other is 5 X 5 1/2 that would fit the older Fords.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    haha, ah the old truck is too beat for shiney HD rims! although I could reuse my toyo's on there if i get 22's

I'm probably going to get a set of gen 1 L rims when I need a new set of tires. either that, or a set of gen 2 L rims. can drill them out to fit. I'm thinking the 01-02 wheels with the squared spokes would match the boxiness of the truck pretty well

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks really good.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast