Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Gen.0 Lightning!!! It Runs! (Exhaust Finished: Pics pg. 9) (Vid Coming Soon)

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Laugh Project Gen.0 Lightning!!! It Runs! (Exhaust Finished: Pics pg. 9) (Vid Coming Soon)

Well you guys know me, no project to work on for a while, I get wayyy too bored and dig into something else more involved than it needs to be, but hey, thats the mod bug!!

1994 Lightning 351...picked it up from madrampers house saturday...

the ladder rack makes it a bit of a PITA with the engine hoist! lol

Litty rusty/dirty, but only 30K miles! going to still replace all the gaskets while its easy to get to, paint it up, you'll never recognize it by the time i'm done! (and yes thats tattoostuffs 94 4-linked lightning in the background that he's done jack chit with the past year )

Incase you're still confused, this motors going in my 85 F-150...the bastard truck lol. Built in 84 as an 85 model, so its half 84 parts half 85 parts, did a 2tone paintjob black/silver like the 03HD's about 4 years ago, but with a flame stripe like the 02HD's dividing the colors, and now getting a Gen 1 L motor lol...hence the name Gen Zero!

This ol' 302 is just too worn out and tired after 24 years as a work truck. 159,000 miles. Still runs fine, but exhaust is leaking, lower intake manifold is STILL leaking, etc. Could get away with fixing the motor up more thats in there, but its time for a fresh start, and a bit more power to go along with it!

Not going crazy on the buildup, its WAY to easy lol so I'm really restraining myself so I can save some mod money for the HD lol, but I'll post some update pics once I start the ripdown process

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Nice. Why not take and rebuild the L? Love me them Gen 1s.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    from the looks of that L its going to take alot of money to make it decent...

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    bout time!!! i told 351!!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    the L is totaled. would need a complete body and half a suspension to make it drivable again. and that was before chip cut half the front end off with a sawzall

the 85 is my work truck, and I'm never selling it for senti****** reasons. With 3 vehicles already, I can't afford a 4th, and a L wouldnt make a worthy work truck at all lol. just throwing some pep back into the 85 with the L motor in it.

tpr, feel free to cruise on down for the install party! i'll order pats

i would if my wife didn't have my bearings in her handbag!! lol!!! seriously when you swappin?

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had to read it twice,only then I realized it's going on the '84,5 Josh,I think it's a pretty neat idea,and your truck will love it

I won't mention pics 'cause i kind of know you already this is the kind of thing I like the most...engine swap pics

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    haha yep pics will definately be posted along the way! I love watching buildup threads in progress, just not as fun seeing just the final product and none of the work that went into it, kinda boring lol

tpr, me and chip are going to replace all the gaskets and prep the motor to go sometime in february. I'll pry pull the old motor & tranny out sometime late feb/early march and clean the engine bay up. Looking at a mod party for the install sometime around late march. maybe the wifey will let you bring her purse with your nads in it for the meet since its longer than 5 mins from your house

Yeah... I drive fast.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nice AC belt on the 85 engine... hehe

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    haha nice eye bob! thats my "gas-saver" mod!

checkout my emissions too...look at the back left corner of the motor...black pipe coming up with a silver pipe cap on it lol!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    swap it all over to EFI too while you are are at...!
    Last edited by dsblk93gt; 01-11-2008 at 11:01 PM.

Yeah... I drive fast.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LOL

The solo fuzzy die hanging off the drag truck made me chuckle too.

so when you have the motor out are you going to clean the engine compartment???

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsblk93gt View Post
    swap it all over to EFI too while you are are at...!
    already done! Put a holley pro-jection setup on it 3 years ago. Not multiport injection, just throttle body injection, but still runs 100x's better than it did with a carb, didn't kill the budget, cake for me to tune on the fly, so I"ll keep running it on this new setup til eventually I do a full gen 1 powertrain swap into it

Quote Originally Posted by Speedin Bob View Post
    LOL

The solo fuzzy die hanging off the drag truck made me chuckle too.

haha my bad, guess i shouldn't have said tattoostuff didn't do anything to the drag truck since he bought it forever ago...he DID hang the fuzzy dice on there

Quote Originally Posted by tpr103 View Post
    so when you have the motor out are you going to clean the engine compartment???

you betcha! at least thats the plan while I'm waiting for parts to come in. Going to do it in a similar theme to the HD. Silver long block & bracketry, black engine bay, and anodized blue accents.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The engine and surrounding compartment arent the cleanest,but at least the air cleaner looks good.I was watching My Classic Car today.Some guy with a sweet early/mid 60's Chevy truck,bagged,killer bodywork,nice painted/polished TPI small block,,an EASY $100k+ truck.Had a "oval cone" K&N that looked like it had been run over!!!!!!!!

,,,,anyway,,,,lol,,,,did you get the intake too?Paint matched GT40 would look good in there.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast