Thread: What happened?

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What happened?

A couple of threads are disapearing, one being mine last night!!

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/lounge/...-new-post.html

Any explination??

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I see you Rich!!

What gives moderator? Did I do something wrong?
    I was just stating with a friend all the work that goes into a thread with pics!!
    You guys know what I mean, Go take several pics, choose the good ones, put on your PC, resize, upload to a host, write your story, copy/paste pic links, spell check, submit thread, and then stalk thread to see who is interested in what you just said!!LOL

Anyway, my biggest beef here, is why there is not any notice for the deletion!!! If it was the wrong section or I said something offensive or posted obsenities, man just let me know!!

Please don't get me wrong though... I have nothing against my good friends or any other mod. for that matter, but I am not the only one to be upset at the lack of consideration!

Last edited by C Dillon Go; 01-08-2008 at 09:40 PM.

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've noticed a couple of my post have been deleted.you know me I never say or do anything offensive.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    which thread was it?

usually the only thing posts are typically removed for is if its a classified posted on the boards. other than that its not often they get deleted. classifieds belong in the classifieds, so typically mods of the respective sections delete the threads if its a classified.

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That was probly it Josh. BUT I hate the fact that someone is just too damn lazy to send a small explination or apply the thread to the correct section!!!! It can't happen everyday. The mods here are smarter than me with this site, but I get screwed out of a little hard work and with no consideration... apperently Adam and I are not the only ones either, but I will speak up!! Just don't think about MUing me either.lol

C'mon guys, I'm sure your job is not just to delete something offinsive or just an honest mistake, but give a little help and guidance too!!

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    #2256 built in 3/26/02 - 6# lower, 377HP/483TQ before the Whipple.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    CD, i understand where you're coming from, but it does actually happen every day, sometimes 2-3 times a day ever since the classified format changed. most board members dont spot it though because the mods delete the classifieds posted in the wrong forums not long after they're up. Nobody's in trouble, so usually a warning isnt sent, but there have been multiple announcements and its in the site rules everybody's supposed to agree to when they sign up, that classifieds belong in the classified section only. Also, moderating is a thankless job, and usually mods catch flack just for being a mod, even though their spending their own time dedicated to keeping the boards organized and clean. if its something done on accident that breaks the rules that one may not be aware of, then i totally agree a warning should be sent 1st, but for things that are so common place like classifieds not in the classifieds, most mods dont want to send that warning message out every single day

if it were the old classified system, the threads would just be moved to the classified forum. but with the new system, threads from the boards cant be moved into the classifieds, so the threads are just deleted instead.
    Last edited by Harley#356; 01-10-2008 at 06:25 AM.

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    something in the agreement rules? you meen that long thing that nobody reads and just clicks i agree at the end! lol

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    lol yep thats it!

Server Admin - Owner
    Name: Doug

Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C Dillon Go View Post
    That was probly it Josh. BUT I hate the fact that someone is just too damn lazy to send a small explination or apply the thread to the correct section!!!! It can't happen everyday. The mods here are smarter than me with this site, but I get screwed out of a little hard work and with no consideration... apperently Adam and I are not the only ones either, but I will speak up!! Just don't think about MUing me either.lol

C'mon guys, I'm sure your job is not just to delete something offinsive or just an honest mistake, but give a little help and guidance too!!
    Im not a mod here but I have been on other sites. I stopped sending explanations a LONG time ago because the majority of the time it resulted in fights and or insults. That and the fact that as a volunteer I was unwilling to take a 15 second process and make it a 5 minute process that will likely result in an argument. Add in the fact that many times the person putting the ad in the wrong spot knows exactly what they are doing and are just hoping to get away with it for as long as they can and will claim ignorance when cornered.