Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: How To: Separate L Tails, Strip Chrome, & Reseal (FREE MOD!) ***Pic Warning***

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You were right, it ended up that the screws needed to be cut in half. This is definately a different look than the "knuckle" tail lights but I think that I'll grow to like it. I went to the hardward store (once again) and I picked up some sheet metal plugs to cover the holes to the tail light screws, gives it a clearer look IMO. I painted the plugs DSG also and I'm just waiting to the paint to dry before I put the plugs in.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    got any pics of those plugs?

And kinda funny you posted this up the other day. I got my black tails in today for Jekyll. Cut the stock screws in half and bolted them up. I actually like them better than my painted L tails, so I"ll be ordering another set for Hyde

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Josh you can also get these at any Lowes store... I filled a bunch of various holes on the truck with them already. You can get metal ones (shinny), or plastic flat black and gloss black ones... come in many sizes.

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll snap some pictures in the morning. I've got to replace this camera battery, it keeps dying in a single day.

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Heres a some pics of the plugs I used (only 2 in picture but used 4). You can see that is has several prongs on the opposite side and all I had to do was take a pair of plyers and spread them out a little bit so that they would stay in place. All I have to do to remove them is just slightly pull one out using my finger and then theres enough of a gap to get a flat head screwdriver to pop them out in the case of a blown bulb.

Here is what it normally looks like:
    Holes Before.jpg

This is what the prongs look like underneath and how the plug looks painted:
    Plugs.jpg

Finished product:
    Holes After.jpg

And of course it wouldn't be appropriate to post all this in this How-To without the mod that started it all, my DSG painted Lightning Tails:
    Tail Lights.jpg

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    NICE! I like the plug idea, I'll have to pick some of those up for both hoopties.

Tails turned out good as well!

Mine are going to be up for sale shortly

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nice ride.... new 2000 harley owner just turned 19 my first ride any tips...

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rvillarreal View Post
    Looks like you have a few DAYS of searching ahead of you on here.

TONS of how-to's and DIY's you can tackle.

Welcome

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rvillarreal View Post
    yep like krix said, sit back, grab a beer....err...yoo-hoo, and start reading

We got our first HD when I was 15-16, I got on the forums and read old threads for 5-6 months before I even registered to post lol. Hit the ground running & modding

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Free casper antivirus. Acclaimed empty antivirus 2010

Casper Disencumber Antivirus is a renowned free antivirus exclusively developed pro wide convention on almshouse computers. The alcohol who installed it receives a full real-time extortion from viruses and spies.

Casper Untied Antivirus has numerous important features, such as the scanner of selected files, module of e-mail check-out, scanning while loading, P2P cloak, Internet chat screen etc. Also this antivirus has“quarantine” destined for isolating and keeping of uncertain objects. A lucid interface of avast! Unrestricted Antivirus provides a quick access to the adjustment of all its parameters worn for more severe and personalized scanning.

in demand free antivirus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4