Thread: TPI light

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

TPI light

My truck came with the stupid tire pressure indicator or monitor or what ever (I think its called a TPI or something). My tires came with 65 PSI fronts and 80 PSI rear which made my truck ride like a truck. hehe

I lowed the pressure to 65 PSI in the rear and she rides much better, however, now my low pressure light stays on, I guess because its set for 80 PSI in the rears. My truck came with a tool you use when you rotate the wheels which I used and the light went out for a few hours but is now back on.

Anybody know how to get rid of this stupid light?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Harley350; 01-12-2008 at 04:42 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We have a few newer trucks at work with the same feature. 1 of 2 things are going to happen: 1) you live with the light on or 2) you dig into the owners manual and reset the tire pressure to where it was from the factory. It is a fairly simple proceedure to correct the problem.
    2003 HARLEY DAVIDSON F-150 #2888 (Black) of 10,047. Born on 1/23/03.
    Formerly "100th#2888"

Dual Magnaflows w/ X, HID headlights, LED rear, L 3rd, Line of Fire, Roush fogs, Eibach 1" front drop, 2" Bell Tech rear drop, "L" spec Bilsteins at all 4, Ported and Polished throttle body, Custom polished stock upper, Volant intake, METCO Idler pulleys, Innovations ProSport. TRADED IN ON 6/3/08. Fun while the ride lasted. U.S. NAVY SEABEES RETIRED.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the reply.

The problem is I do not want 80 PSI in my rear tires, too hard. So you know of no other way to fool the system? If you could find out at work I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Personally, I think it would be out of my scope. You could contact the dealer on how to reprogram the Tire Pressure Sensor module.