Thread: Factory Remote Start?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Factory Remote Start?

i Want a remote start that works off of my factory keyfob. is it possable and where do i need to start. i like keepin the oem look and feel of things. i had a friend with a 04 hat had it under the lock button if held for more then 10 seconds it would start the truck... So Please Help.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Ford remote start/alarms I have had had a remote that looked like the OEM remote, but just slightly bigger (not by much). It had the lock, unlock, panic and trunk buttons on it. To start, you just held the lock button down for a few seconds. I think it was the Gold series or something like that. But, I think Ford went to a different transmitter for their new systems that is now in addition to the original key fob. You may be able to find the old style if you look hard enough.

And where in the he77 in Cincy are you? I just moved from there 2 months ago after living there practically my whole life. Never knew there was another member from here that lived there. lol.
    Last edited by Grey Wolf; 01-15-2008 at 11:58 AM.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    for probably the price a dealer is going to charge for their factory remote start setup, you could most likely get a Viper or Clifford remote start with an alarm system as well

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IDK what Cliffords or Vipers cost, but I got my Ford one for $350 installed, but that was a deal. They usually are around $425 or so.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i live in greenhills , if you dont know the area im between colrain and and tri-county.

many of the installers arround here are either really expensive and some are real cheap i just don't like someone in my truck thats hacking wires to put a new system in. and i just don't like people tinkering in my truck. "Me And my Tuner are the only people i allow"

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    350 isnt bad for the OEM ford one.

Wikkid, are there any tweeters out in Ohio? At least around here it seems like the tweeters are on another "level" above circuity city & bestbuy and those type of places. More of the young kids and ricers looking to spend bare minimum go to circuit city & bestbuy for installs, whereas people who really want a top notch job done will trust tweeter for a perfect install. I'd at least go and talk to the installer and get a feel for the place. Usually the base line Viper 791xv system used to go for 500 installed, which included the basic viper alarm, responder remote fob, and remote start. Not a bad deal, & lifetime warranty.

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    actually tweeters were supposed to shut down soon up north...the company isnt looking too good thats why i got out of sound advice (another name for tweeter in Florida) when i did. Well that and they cut my pay in HALF!! check this out-

Time Running Out for Tweeter

and i know from still going up there on a weekly basis even though they just got bought out things are still very BAD! i almost feel bad for the salesmen because they have nothing to sell. Its always oh well we can have that for you in a few days or we have to order that and it can be here in a week. No one wants to hear that.

but you are right josh it is usually a HUGE step abover Circuit Chitty and Best Try. I understand how some people would want to keep things looking factory just "better" performing but factory alarms are crappy, even with remote start. I would check into a Viper, they just came out with thier mile range alarm, not to long ago and with the LED keychain you can be within a mile of the alarm going off and it will tell you, its going off and where they are trying to get into. Not to mention you can set up the AUX on them to do whatever you want (ex. setup an actuator to unlock your tonneu cover, train horns etc.) to me it makes since to spend a little more and get ALOT more features.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yeah my installer who did my insane viper alarm that took him 2 days to wire up jumped out of tweeter while he could, and now i'm trying to track him down because I dont want somebody who doesnt know his wiring to be fidding with my stuff!

on another note, do you know if the older 791xv can be upgraded with the newer alarm with the 1 mile range? Would it be as simple as swapping out the alarm brains, or would it require a whole new ripout & install?

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i get what your saying about not wanting someone to touch your chit. My installers never wanted to touch someone elses work but they would unless it was on thier list of NEVER TOUCH. including clifford and alpine and a few others i cant remember. because you never know what your going to get into, until your knee deep in wires of every color of the rainbow.

it would seem to me that it should be a plug and play type thing...change the box and antenna and go. but i havent messed with the new ones much. If i remember right someone told me no. but i have been told a square peg wont fit in a round hole before, (ha) but let me check into it and I will let you know if i find anything. But as of right now i have to say no, the old one has to be pulled and the new one reinstalled.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkid View Post
    i live in greenhills , if you dont know the area im between colrain and and tri-county.

many of the installers arround here are either really expensive and some are real cheap i just don't like someone in my truck thats hacking wires to put a new system in. and i just don't like people tinkering in my truck. "Me And my Tuner are the only people i allow"
    Yeah, I know the area. I don't think there is a neighborhood I don't know as I lived on the west side, east side, and then in Sharonville. On top of that, I used to deliver ice in college so I know pretty much the entire city. lol.
    Who is your tuner? I used Modular Depot when they were in Evendale, but now they are in Alexandria, KY. If I get another truck or Mustang, I will have to haul it down there as I wouldn't trust anyone other than them to touch anything I get.
    My Ford remote start/alarm worked very well. In fact, I can't count the number of times my kids set it off while it was armed in the driveway just lifting up the door handle or hitting the keyless entry. H*ll, I set it off shutting the tailgatge a few times. However, it never went off accidentally or for no reason.

Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    I had a former teammate of mine who now plays for the Tennessee Titans had a remote start installed into a 64' Impala. The car was fully restored and was pimped out. 24's, TV, Candypaint..etc. Well, make a long story short, he was visiting town and during the night the remote start shorted out and started the car and a fire... Well, the entire car pretty much burned up..much like the expo that was in a post yesterday. ever since then ive been leary of putting one in any vehicle that i own.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    if thats the case, i'd be leary of ANY electrical accessory. if anythings installed wrong and not properly fused, it could short out and burn the whole truck down. Its not the remote starts that are prone to catching vehicles on fire like the old cruise controle module is prone to vehicle fires, but for the remote start case it would be a faulty install

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    Its not the remote starts that are prone to catching vehicles on fire like the old cruise controle module is prone to vehicle fires, but for the remote start case it would be a faulty install

exactly!