Thread: Euro SVT Week

Over The Pond
    Name:

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Euro SVT Week

Ladies and Gents. A big announcement.

Euro SVT week will be our version of LightningFest. You don't need to go all the way to Kansas City for your fun anymore. I will be here

For the last 3 years, Andre Wagenknecht has held a meeting in Hannover, Germany called Euro SVT. Me and a couple of others from here have attended this great event. This brings in trucks from Germany and Switzerland and grows every year.
    Last year, I put together the UK Thunder & Lightning meeting at Santa Pod and again, a lot of you came for a great weekend. We had 22 Lightnings, Harleys and Mustangs which was a great turnout for the first meet.

This year, after consultation with Andre, we have decided to hold our events on consecutive weekends in May to enable those who can, to experience the ultimate week. Read on to see what we have planned.

I have spoken with Andre and he is holding his Euro SVT weekend on the 23-25th May this year.
    The Monday is a Bank Holiday in the UK so if anyone wants to make a long weekend of it, there you go.
    Us soft southerners go over on the ferry from Harwich to Hook Van Holland on the Thursday overnight and cruise up through Holland and Germany on the Friday.
    Any of you Northerners can get a ferry from Newcastle to Imujden in Holland or Hull to Rotterdam. Its all the same.
    Once we know who is going, I will arrange some rendezvous points on the Dutch Motorways.
    Friday night is a meal and beers in Hannover somewhere and Saturday is the Show & Shine, Autobahn Madness, Tunnel Run, BBQ and Giant Party at Andre's Party HQ.
    Andre and his family are fantastic hosts for the event and I promise you won't be disappointed.

If you can get over for this weekend, I can thoroughly recommend it.

You can get up to stuff like this and videos of the past events can be found at the website European Lightning Meeting

Next.

If you've gone to the event and need to get home, then bye bye, see you the following weekend at Shakespeare County Raceway.

For those of you who can make the week of it, the plan is to say in Germany and head down to Cologne for a couple of days, take in the sights and do the Nurburgring. If you've never heard of this, check it out on Google or YouTube.

Wednesday/Thursday is head back to England and either go home for a quick laundry session or head directly to Shakespeare County Raceway for the Yanks Weekend/Garys Picnic on the weekend of the 31st-1st June.
    The UK part of The Euro SVT week will be held here (mainly because that's when I'm home) and is a fantastic all Yanks meet.

If you've never been before, here's some of what we
    did last year.
    Bring your tent or Pikey van and join us in Kamp Rebel

And, of course, Rebel V8 cleaned up the EFI class with a top 3 finish, Ricki adding to his collection with the trophy.

And a few from the 2007 UK Thunder & Lightning meet just so you can get a feel for the proceedings

Prizes from BigD

So there we have it. A full week of high speed fun on the Autobahn, Nurburgring, showing, racing, trophies and international incidents

If you want to come to these events, you are all responsible for your own arrangements.
    You've got the dates you need. If you can make it, book your time off work, get your ferry tickets or plane tickets early and start saving up.

Please indicate which events (if any) you are doing so that me and Andre can plan accordingly.

The choices are

None -

Hannover & Shakey weekends of 24/25th May and 31st - 1st June

Hannover only

Shakey Only

All (Hannover - Nurburgring - Shakey) Full week

Last year, a few guys from NLOC flew over to Germany for the event so if any of our American Cousins would like a European trip, it can be arranged.
    You will be well looked after.

This cannot happen without the support of people attending.
    If you want to be part of one of the biggest and craziest events of the year, you know what to do.

You know the routine, commit yourself below and get added to the list.

Over The Pond
    Name:

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Bump

Not long to go till this event now.

Who has the fastest HD in the country? Come and try your luck

Anyone?

Over The Pond
    Name:

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Bueller, Bueller, anyone, Bulleler?

Come on you UK people, there must be some of you out there?
    BigD has graciously supplied us with some fabulous NHTOC merchandise as prizes so why not come along and bond

Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    wow that looks awesome! I love the Video, Great Pics and Ducktaped Deadbird!

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WOW...it looks like a ton of fun, really...

I need to renew my German passport, maybe this would be a good excuse to go and stay for a while longer

Dr. Pepper is my choice!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awww, that sounds like so much fun!!! and you can drive wicked fast over there...

loving life in Garmisch
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wish I had know this earlier : ( but if its in Hannover next year, I will be up for it, my sister is stationed just an hour from there, so I got a place to stay. Got dates for next year yet, or any for later this year?

Not sure I want the hoochie girls around my harley tho, can I warn them off, or do they try whatever to hit on ya, either way I am a female myself, I doubt they will want to be around me, so am safe
    Last edited by Tara; 07-20-2008 at 12:19 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Over The Pond
    Name:

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Tara

The event is in May every year. No exact dates yet as we are trying to combine it with a racing event in the UK and make a week of it like this year.
    Don't worry, as soon as the dates are fixed, it will be posted here.

You don't have to have your truck pictured with the models. A couple of the ladies who attend with their Lightnings have their truck (and themselves) photographed with guys.