Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: February 2008 TOTM – Mike (2manytrucks)

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

February 2008 TOTM – Mike (2manytrucks)

This month’s installment of TOTM takes us to the Sunshine state! Florida and the opportunity to recognize another Big Brother to F-150 HD's. NHTOC is proud to present TOTM recognition for the month of February to member #315, Mike (2manytrucks) and his 2005 Tru-Blue Super duty #00272! He just so happens to be the proud owner of 2 Harley trucks, not only does he own one sweet Super Duty, Mike also owns a very nice 2002 DSG Super Crew #007332. This member bleeds FOMOCO Blue, a member of the FHOTC, and another upstanding asset to NHTOC and its members! Mike’s application of a bevy of elegant modifications to his 05 HD Super Duty, definitely elevates it a notch or two above the rest!!!

SO… Let’s get onto the stuff that you all want to know!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your HD Truck?

A friend of mine bought a 2001 HD and brought it to work right after he signed the papers. I immediately fell in love with it. It took a couple years, but I was at a Ford dealership on my anniversary with the wife and saw a DSG sitting on the lot. I called my buddy the sales manager, who was at lunch and told him “lunch is over, get back here and sell me this truck”. I was out of there about an hour later with my first HD!!! I bought my 05 HD SD after an exhaustive search for just the right truck. Believe it or not I bought it off of Ebay…LOL and got a steal too boot. I remember counting down the seconds waiting for the auction to end just knowing that someone was going to snipe me. I went dancing around the house like a little kid yelling… “I got it…I won, I won, I won!!!!”

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

I have always been a Ford truck guy. I have had a Ford truck in my driveway since my second car. I love speed and the awesome looks of the HD seemed a natural fit.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

2002 HD F150
    DSG 7332
    6# lower, JLP Ram Air CAI, L&S Oil Sep, Brisk plugs, Accufab SBTB, LFP ported plenum, Hankook Ventus RH06, Hotchkis TVS, Hotchkis-spec Bilsteins, Rotorpros dimpled and slotted, PFZ pads, Ford Motorsports boost gauge, JLP chromed trac bars, Magnaflow Catback (L-style exit), Bassani Hi-flow mid pipes, Venom Mod, Navi chrome base with billet antenna, L tails, Access Limited tonneau cover, Ford HD bug deflector, Blackwood window trim.

2005 PSD F-350
    True Blue 272
    DR 7" lift, DR front res shocks, DR front stabilizer kit, 5" Deaver rear springs, 1" DR rear lift block, DC Customz front shock clamps, Weld Dune XT 20x10, Toyo MT 37x13.50x20, Ford 4:30 gears, Mag-hytec Covers Front and rear, Farmboy Fabrications Traction Bars, Bedrug, Access Limited Tonneu, ICI stainless light bar, KC fogs and offroad lights, Under truck and in bed puddle light mod, Autometer Nexus Guages and pod, Recon Fire and Ice, Viair 480C compressor, Omega 300H Chrome Air Horns, 5 gal 9 Port Stainless Steel tank, Vector 2000 watt power inverter, Interior: too many to list.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

I am a Telecom engineer, but a gearhead at heart. All of my hobbies revolve around trucks from racing to modding. My friends say I am ate up with trucks.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

That’s an easy one…. the people. We simply have the best members of any site that I have been on. We have sent parts to members not expecting anything in return, we sent members and donations to members that we have lost, we have shuttled parts to all ends of the country to get another brother up and running, we have had members check in on deployed members families, we have provided financial support to members going through a rough patch and even had members take other members family members to the hospital in a pinch. We have been there for each other through thick and thin… we truly are a brotherhood!!!

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

None, you don’t mess with perfection.

Question # 7: This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

My screen name is pretty self explanatory; I have a driveway full of Ford trucks…LOL.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

For the 02, I would like to see that truck fully built with a Whipple.
    For the 05, I would like to put a few more inches of lift under it with coilovers and a 4link.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

I would just like to thank you all for your friendship and for the support that I have received over the last few years. For those that have answered the phone when I have called late at night, thank you. And for those that have called me late at night, I hope I was able to help.

Congrats Mike for a well deserved TOTM!!!! Job well done sir!
    Last edited by bgstew6; 02-24-2008 at 11:21 AM.

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome! Congrats man!

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Sweet rides! congrats for sure!

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Simply gorgeous Mike!! Congratulations!!

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations

I vote for your screen name change to "2manyNICEtrucks"

Well deserved

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    great looking ...HD

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sweet truck Mike, Congrats!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!! You have a exceptional collection of FoMoCo products. Well done!

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go! Looking good.
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Gotta love the True Blue!

Congrats!

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Cool VERY Nice

Whoopee!! Simply awesome X2

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Congratulations!

RIP Blake
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats....that is a beautiful HD you got there!

Work In Progress
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats on totm, I am happy with having one HD having two has to be awesome.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast