Thread: What sub in a 07 HD

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What sub in a 07 HD

Ok guys,

While I am waiting for Ford to sort out my blown motor, I am looking at sorting the audio in the truck.

As Sirrius isnt an issue here, I have pulled the Stock Ford head unit and got an AvIC system.

Looking under the rear seats I have noticed the plug for the stock sub box which I havent got.

Now, should I go and find a factory sub or get one custom built?

What is the performance of the stock box like compared with what can be done with a custom unit?

Any recommendations for what to use?

Cheers

KevF

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    check out JLs stealthbox usually enough for most people...unless you just so happen to be a fellow bass head.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i second the jl stealth box. Or do what i did

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jvillefinest View Post
    check out JLs stealthbox usually enough for most people...unless you just so happen to be a fellow bass head.
    I could be partial to a tad more thump than the next man.....

Looks like it'll be best to go for a custom build...Anyone got any plans for the enclosure?

I play anything .....just so long as its LOUD.....

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevF View Post
    I could be partial to a tad more thump than the next man.....

Looks like it'll be best to go for a custom build...Anyone got any plans for the enclosure?

I play anything .....just so long as its LOUD.....

its like anything you can go from mild to wild...

its all about what your going for and how much $ you want to throw at it.

easiest way to get good bass is the jl stealthbox a 10w3v3 downfiring ported. One of the best sounding boxes JL makes!

but if you want to go custom...

there are infanant ideas to go with...i have been wanting to see alot of people do alot of things with this truck.

First of course is money...do you want to do it in steps or all at once?

Second figure out what you can live without in the interior if anything. if you want it to look stock or if you want it "custom."

What if any kind of systems have you had before if any? did you like them? do you want something like them or want more bass or more highs?

off the top of my head in that truck staying toward the conservative/keeping interior somewhat stock but more then a stealthbox...i would love to see someone fiberglass in like 2 8w7 underneath the seat facing out.

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jvillefinest View Post
    its like anything you can go from mild to wild...

its all about what your going for and how much $ you want to throw at it.

easiest way to get good bass is the jl stealthbox a 10w3v3 downfiring ported. One of the best sounding boxes JL makes!

but if you want to go custom...

there are infanant ideas to go with...i have been wanting to see alot of people do alot of things with this truck.

First of course is money...do you want to do it in steps or all at once?

Second figure out what you can live without in the interior if anything. if you want it to look stock or if you want it "custom."

What if any kind of systems have you had before if any? did you like them? do you want something like them or want more bass or more highs?

off the top of my head in that truck staying toward the conservative/keeping interior somewhat stock but more then a stealthbox...i would love to see someone fiberglass in like 2 8w7 underneath the seat facing out.
    Definately dont want to rip stuff out the truck and need to keep the seats for my 3 kids. But for single cruising, I want to be able to feel the bass....Didnt upgrade the stock stereo in my '03 and have only had modified stuff in a few saloons so I am sure things will sound different in the truck cab anyway.

Your idea of front facing subs seems cool......in most cases is it best to mount the amp under the single rear seat?

I will price up the cost of the amp and speakers and then see how much the custom enclosure will be. The JL Audio enclosure seems a quicker route but being in the UK it would be hard to get it ordered and shipped over here...