Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sub-box for the BED!!!

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    THANK YOU! finally someone with the balls to cut a huge freeking hole! hopefully here in a about a year ill have a set to do the same thing! congrats! do it up and hope its loud!

Slowest 03 HD n the WORLD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02maddness View Post
    yeah bro cant wait to build ur box ill start on her as soon as i get my system done in my hd
    just gots spend a day doin it ya know..
    then its time to put the bang bang in ur 03 bro
    yeah you need to hurry the hell up already...

i am going to do my fuel system then the bed is going back on...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    here are a few pics...

i still need to screw it together and fiberglass over it all... then it will have a layer of linex put over it... so i WILL FOR SURE have the box sealed...

the holes where the wheel wells are at are going to get a layer of fiberglass then formed to the box and then the box will be covered in fiberglass then it will get installed without the top or the subs in and i will have it sprayed with line-x on the inside and out.. the top board will be covered also and when i put the subs in and wire it all up then the top board will go down and i will brush on the coating for over the screws so there is no leaks or anything there... i also have a amp rack to hold the amps on top of the sub box...

should be pretty nice...

btw each sub is 2000 rms at 2 ohms 4k peak and this box is setup for 4 12s and i have 2.3 cubic feet of airspace in the 2 center sealed enclosures the corner ones come out to be about 1.3.. the center sealed enclosures will be getting a block off plate to bring the space down to 1.0 cubic feet..

now i just need to go get glue and screws...
    Last edited by DallasGT01; 03-27-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    why have air space different in the enclosure? Why not just share airspace!????? that is going to make the subs sound different and all over the place. Some are going to bottom out and some arent??? I have done plenty of boxes that share airspace and have never had a problem, unless one was blown and it was just farting around. Just use the 1 inch and brace inthernally and you should have NO problem at all. I hope you rethink that one!

Also watch those Kickers! Loud as hell but just as they break in they break out. Alot have had great experiences with kicker mine has aways been they dont last...and they dont like the amount of power the JL1000/1 puts out! But as long as you tune it out right it is going to HAMMMMER!

Good Luck!
    Last edited by jvillefinest; 03-27-2008 at 02:44 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jvillefinest View Post
    why have air space different in the enclosure? Why not just share airspace!????? that is going to make the subs sound different and all over the place. Some are going to bottom out and some arent??? I have done plenty of boxes that share airspace and have never had a problem, unless one was blown and it was just farting around. Just use the 1 inch and brace inthernally and you should have NO problem at all. I hope you rethink that one!

Also watch those Kickers! Loud as hell but just as they break in they break out. Alot have had great experiences with kicker mine has aways been they dont last...and they dont like the amount of power the JL1000/1 puts out! But as long as you tune it out right it is going to HAMMMMER!

Good Luck!
    they are all going to be 1.3 give or take .1 and it needs to be braced and from what the guy that i get all my info from said... the sealed for each enclosure is going to make these subs sound ALOT louder...

if i were to just leave it and brace it up wit 2x4s i would have WAY to much airspace for these subs... these things are retarded...

i am thinking about the 6500.1 from kicker or someone i dont remember who... i can get 2 of those cheaper then i can get 4 1000.1s

and it will put out more power...

i just hope all the dynamat i have makes it to where it doesnt rattle.... or shake the roof.. i have 2 layers on it... i still need to do my doors though.. and cut the hole in the truck...

this thing is going to be SO LOUD!!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    here is a few more pics.. still need to brace it up and put a top on it..

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    space looks close if they are going to be firing up...and if they are going to be in a sealed box then why cut a hole in the cab and bed??? Isnt the whole reason you put the hole in the cab and bed for the port to allow the bass to flow into the cab....
    Anthony

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aestrello View Post
    space looks close if they are going to be firing up...and if they are going to be in a sealed box then why cut a hole in the cab and bed??? Isnt the whole reason you put the hole in the cab and bed for the port to allow the bass to flow into the cab....
    the subs are going to be fprward firing and idk he choose a sealed over ported I just wanted a basic entry level competition sub box and I mean entry level nothing way out there or anything something thats loud but still sounds decent so thats why I have what I have

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just make sure you don't skimp on that gasket that will connect your gaping hole to the new hole in your cab.

I can see what the shop used on my setup for the pass thru port, but I've seen where the heavy duty camper to rear window rubber gaskets work awesome.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the subs are going to be fprward firing and idk he choose a sealed over ported I just wanted a basic entry level competition sub box and I mean entry level nothing way out there or anything something thats loud but still sounds decent so thats why I have what I have
    did he tell you to cut that big O hole there too???? you should have at least faced them towards the cab with some plexiglass and neons so you can put that big hole to use.... other wise it seems pointless to cut that hole to me

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krix330cic(NJ) View Post
    Just make sure you don't skimp on that gasket that will connect your gaping hole to the new hole in your cab.

I can see what the shop used on my setup for the pass thru port, but I've seen where the heavy duty camper to rear window rubber gaskets work awesome.
    i know.. i was looking at the gasket that was 6 bucks a ft... and now after looking more and talking to my audio guy he said i should go with a different one (the other **** is like 13 bucks a ft retail i can get it at like 9 if i order 20 ft).. it hooks on both sides to the cab and to the bed... and smashes between to help stop alot of the flex...

Quote Originally Posted by aestrello View Post
    did he tell you to cut that big O hole there too???? you should have at least faced them towards the cab with some plexiglass and neons so you can put that big hole to use.... other wise it seems pointless to cut that hole to me
    after i get air bag'd i plan on doing more subs...

i have a big plan in the picture just working on it slowly...

i havent cut the cab yet but it will end up with the same size hole...

i dont do the neons and what not...

i was going to do the amp rack on top but with my bed cover on it doesnt give enough room so now i need to see what i am giong to do with the amps...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i guess.....

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    why is the hole so big. i have seen about 20 trucks with subs in the bed. and the hole was never bigger then the port. just blow the bass thru the hole. not have the subs thru the hole

Name:

typical size hole

Last edited by BlairTruck; 03-30-2008 at 11:14 AM.

Name:

check out this crazy 19 page buildup of a Lincoln truck.
    crazy fiberglass build

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast