Thread: car computer system....

2003 H/D #6809
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

car computer system....

Ok so in the near future I plan on making some changes, I want to get the sniper commando package and a LCD Touchscreen head unit with NAV. and i need something to use to tune with.

My question being has anyone used or know anyone how has used any of the car computer systems listed here : Car Computer Systems

I would like to know if a touch screen head unit would allow an interface to be connected to the Car pc so that you could view the PC stuff on the head unit screen or if I would have to buy a seperate touch screen.

Being that I want to really start to learn how to do custom tunning myself it would make more sense to me to have everything right there in the truck (tuner, pc, monitor, and cd/dvd/navigation) so I could tune on the fly. I don't want to buy a labtop just for tuning, so this seems like it could be a little more cost effective and knock out 3 birds with 2 stones.

Looking for inputs here, especially those who have used or have the car pc system.
    2009 G8 GT<--FOR SALE or TRADE for 03 HD
    Vararam|axle backs, H pipe, mids/res delete|pedders coil overs|cortex|DDM 8k HIDs|20% tint|vortex fins|hidden hitch|spohn trailing arms|BMR full bushing kit
    GXP Mods:
    front bumper|diffuser
    SSv Mods:
    SSv badges
    Camaro Mods:
    20" MS rims|SS Brembo's

2007 ZX-14<-------FOR SALE
    16/41|pc3|dual leo vince|asv levers|lowered|DDM 6k HIDs|puig|sliders|ostrich skin

SOLD-----2003 HD #6809-----SOLD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    man if i saw that website about 3 or 4 months back i just may be in the hole an extra $1500. that G4 looks pretty sweet. hope somebody on here has one to give you some input on it. i'd be interested to hear what they have to say about it too.

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you would be able to see whats going on with the carputer, on the h/u, but wouldnt be able to control it through a secondary h/u using its touch screen. you would have to have some other way to control the carputer. i would do a larger touch screen underneath your ac controls, that way it would be alot easier to see and TOUCH the smaller icons. Along with custom!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i looked into those a few years ago... they don't look too complicated if you know basic computer and 12v wiring....

i wonder how long those things take to boot up/shut down...