Thread: Sniper Special Forces: What's in the box?

Drivetrain Calibration
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sniper Special Forces: What's in the box?

Lately I've had a few dozen emails asking a few questions about Special Forces, what it includes, what it does, and how it works. I decided that it would be cool to shed some light, post some pictures, and give a brief but good description, of the product, the process, and the company.

So what's in the box?

When you first open the box, your greeted with the Special Forces software CD. The CD contains Special Forces, Recon, the installer, and unlike other companies, all of the required security updates for your computer that should be installed for a problem free, secure installation of all of the communication components. One advantage of this is that you don't have to download software from the internet when your computer is down, it comes right on a nice neat CD. The CD contains templates for all the currently supported gas vehicles which is handy when you decide to tune your second vehicle without the added cost of buying an additional programmer, like others on the market.

What else is in there?

Once you get past the CD, you get to the Interface which is the component used to interface the trucks computer to your PC. Once again it comes preloaded with two bullets that marry themselves to two Ford vins. A feature almost entirely unheard of in the Ford powertrain programmer market. Additional bullets can be purchased later if you want to tune even more cars with this one programmer. In addition to the Interface's nice and snug package, you get an A-B USB cable for communication from your PC to the Interface, and a serial to OBD-II Ford cable which will be used to communicate the Interface to the vehicles computer.

What's the process involved in tuning my vehicle with Special Forces?
    The process is pretty simple. You install Special Forces onto your PC and follow a set of simple instructions. The installer does it all for you, and will install shortcuts to your desktop. From there, you will want to read your stock file out of the truck. This is done by using the Interface to read your stock file. Once that has been done, you create the performance file that you want.
    See here for Special Forces: http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/chips-a...side-look.html

So for those in the know, this isn't much as far as news. However it's something everyone should think about. If your tired of your old, single vehicle programmer, or want to get your feet wet into tuning, this is the package for you. Unlike other 'economizer' tunes, Special Forces tailors shift schedules to get the MAXIMUM amount of power, and economy on the best gas possible. It gives you the option to tune for everything from 87 on up to the newest and best race fuel in my opinion, Q16 from VP. Special Forces is completely upgradeable to Commando that will support any vehicle modifications.

Below you can see screenshots of the Sniper Multiloader program which docks tunes between your PC and your Interface in under 20 seconds! To my knowledge only one other programmer utilizes this same type of technology. In addition I'm attaching a screenshot of Recon, the datalogging software which I might add has decreased my mail order tuning tremendously.
    Recon Screenshot

Multiloader Screenshot

And now to the deals!
    For the month of March I will be matching the advertised price of any Sniper Product on the market, as well as offering a reduced price with a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. Additionally, if you are a paid NHTOC member I'll include shipping to the 48 for free.

Sniper Special Forces - 389.99
    Sniper Bazooka 3000 KG/HR Mass Air Meter - 289.99
    Sniper Commando Custom Tuning Software - 799.99

I strive to provide the best service possible, answers on any tuning questions you may have, and the best end product available. Please call, email, or PM if you have any questions and to place your order.

Thanks!
    Ryan
    rhynotune@gmail.com
    505-250-7890
    Last edited by Ryan@RhynoTune; 03-04-2008 at 05:16 PM.

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hmm ill stick with SCT personaly

Drivetrain Calibration
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks 02' but not really looking for that type of interjection to start the thread off.

I quit using SCT because of the constant updates, and unless you have tried both systems and just have a tuner preference (which I might add is fine) then I'd appreciate keeping that type of post out of this thread.

Thanks

Ryan

Edit: Just tossing out some info as I've received a lot of PM's and e-mails, not really looking to start a Sniper vs. Diablo vs. SCT type of thread!

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i completly agree i feel ya on the always updating the SCT PTA if u will everytime we tune mine we have to update its not just a simple adjust here and there
    my buddie uses sniper and loves it he likes it due to the fact no updating or anything just download and go

i just have a preferance thats all

but userability wise for beginer tuner go with SNIPER use usability
    my falt ryno kinda came off lil strong

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan@RhynoTune View Post
    not really looking to start a Sniper vs. Diablo vs. SCT type of thread!
    You may not be looking to start a XXvsXX thread but your original post made statements such as

"like others on the market"
    "Unlike other 'economizer' tunes"
    "unlike other companies"

Dont get me wrong, the sniper stuff looks good but let sniper stand on it own two feet instead of trying to compare it to other tuning software and then say "lets not start a XXvsXX thread here.

Thanks,

JJ@WMS

Whipple power baby
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ@WMS View Post
    You may not be looking to start a XXvsXX thread but your original post made statements such as

"like others on the market"
    "Unlike other 'economizer' tunes"
    "unlike other companies"

Dont get me wrong, the sniper stuff looks good but let sniper stand on it own two feet instead of trying to compare it to other tuning software and then say "lets not start a XXvsXX thread here.

Thanks,

JJ@WMS
    JJ with all do respect nothing in this thread said anything about Woodbine Motorsports.. Just like you do in your threads here is a Vendor advertising and supporting his product which in my opinion works a lot better then the other brands did for me.. my truck has never ran smoother, or had more throttle response with the other brands.. the Sniper software is ahead of the game and is the tuning solution for now and the future...

Drivetrain Calibration
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Truthfully JJ, I don't see your need to interject that comment. It's actually sort of rude and because of that comment it's starting to steer in the exact direction I don't want it too. I'm well within my rights as a tuner to compare pieces of equipment. Especially equipment that I have used. Now if I think people can take advantage of new products I think I can pass that info along right? I mean that's really how progression goes is it not? I started the thread to answer questions and give a new look at some tuning products which as you know is the foundation of this platform. A lot of people may be interested in tinkering with an aspect of their truck besides the mechanical pully side that some of us maybe limited too.

Sniper is 'unlike other companies' entirely. They have built a programmer that can flash several vehicles with one unit, and their software gives you the ability to flash two vehicles with one, single purchase which price for rivals others on the market. That may be an advantage to the person who wants to tune his HD and F-150 wouldn't it? With a Sniper programmer you don't have to buy a programmer per vehicle 'like others on the market.' I'm not exactly sure how to say that without offending you, but it's the truth. I'm not trying to start a SCT vs. Sniper thread and I'm just amazed you would respond in such a fashion.

I've seen the economizer tunes from a LOT of different companies. Most of them are pretty good, but some of the traits of Snipers setups are infact 'unlike other economizer tunes.' As we both can agree there's more than one way to skin a cat and that's all I'm getting at.

2003 H/D #6809
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ryan, looking forward to buying the package once i get back to the states!!
    2009 G8 GT<--FOR SALE or TRADE for 03 HD
    Vararam|axle backs, H pipe, mids/res delete|pedders coil overs|cortex|DDM 8k HIDs|20% tint|vortex fins|hidden hitch|spohn trailing arms|BMR full bushing kit
    GXP Mods:
    front bumper|diffuser
    SSv Mods:
    SSv badges
    Camaro Mods:
    20" MS rims|SS Brembo's

2007 ZX-14<-------FOR SALE
    16/41|pc3|dual leo vince|asv levers|lowered|DDM 6k HIDs|puig|sliders|ostrich skin

SOLD-----2003 HD #6809-----SOLD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ryan, I got the tuner yesterday but haven't hooked it up to my stang yet. Thanks for the deal and I'll get back with you once I get it on the car.
    Thanks again,
    Travis