Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tinking of buying an SD diesel. Couple of ???

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah it will certainly be well cared for, I'm pretty anal about that. I've been looking at tires. The dealer owes me 2 and I'm going to go ahead and replace the other 2 while I'm at it. There doesn't look to be a lot of choices out there in the stock size. What else works with the stock rims?

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Before I lifted the truck, I replaced the stockers with a set of 285/65/20 BFG All-Terrain KO's with an E rating. I liked them a lot. No rubbing issues at all.

--Snake

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anyone tried the Nitto Terra Grapplers? I am thinking about putting a set of them on in the stock size.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am running terra grapplers right now. I have 35's on my stock wheels and 37's on my others. I haven't noticed any problems with them.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From the folks I've talked to, the Terra Grapplers are a bit louder than other tires and don't wear as well. I've never owned a set, just going of what I've been told.

They do look sweet though!

--Snake

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think I have some pics of the truck with 35" Terras and I know I have a few on here with the 37's and the lift. Check them out if you like. They should be in my gallery.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RnR, I'll go have a look in the gallery. What kind of tread life did you get out of them? I have seen reviews of everything from 25k to 80k. That's a pretty wide disparity.

Well I had the front door windows tinted at 20% and a 5% strip on top of the windshield done. It feels more like home now. I had the same setup in my F150, except the rear windows in this truck are filmed over the factory tint so they are like a limo tint. A 5% on the front doors woould have been a closer match but that makes it to hard to see out of at night for my old eyes plus the man has never bothered me with a 20% but they do hassle the guys with 5%.

I also readjusted the tonneau because it was back about an inch and didn't seal up right. It was a quick job and now looks like it fits correctly and should seal much better. I pulled the Harley mat out of the bed and scrubbed it down real well along with scrubbing the bed. The spray in liner is really well done and is a blue that matches the truck.

I really am pleased with it so far. I have already come to appreciate the long bed as I hauled a new set of wheels and tires to have them mounted and everything was able to lay flat in the bed. Plus I am liking the aesthetics better the more I look at it.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have 20,000 on my 35's and still have plenty of tread to them. Congrats again on the truck!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3