Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Had some free time...

Boost Addict
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey, good to see some discussion happening again in the SoCal club -- I haven't any time to mess with the logo, but here is a list of things I've taken into consideration for the next revisions...

Originally posted by 2 tone
    Dude,
    That's looking real good. Can you make some of those flares look like palm tree leaves to give us some location (Southern California) identity?
    Kirk
    Originally posted by dvsdavis
    Does the logo need to mention Ford or F150?
    The more input you guys give me the better, as I can't really spend that much time playing with it...

The best thing would be to discuss this at the next meeting, but it doesn't seem like thats going to happen very soon, so I'll go ahead and play around and re-post sometime this week.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think if you chrome the grill it'll look more like the Harley Grill or is it a grill?

Boost Addict
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Changed it a little...

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    One thing we're gonna have to consider is that when we go to have these duplicated for shirts, banners, business cards, or whatever, some companies are not going to want to copy the Harley Davidson logo or name.

My mother-in-law, who has an embroidery business, won't touch it.

Just a thought.

Boost Addict
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can we get permission for that kind of thing? -- I would think HD wouldn't mind that sort of thing, it's free promotion for them... on that thought, can we use an outline of the logo, or do you think I should axe it all together?>

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Discussion I've read before have said that HD is really picky over who and what gets their licensing. Odd when you can buy anything known to man with an HD logo on it.

Being a truck club it probably won't be a big deal, but I'd rather not risk it myself.

I believe the shield is a trademark so just using an outline of that would be a violation as well.

Just my Pickup & my Dog
    Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like the logo but I prefer something simple like a slogan. I like 12 SECOND CLUB. That says it.

How about something like "C-YA!" and then So. Cal Harley Club underneath?or "Blew By Ya -Call a Cop!"So Cal Harley Club

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have been in discussion with HD reps and took my rig to Milwaukee for the HD 100th. They gave me the ok since it was private/artist painted/not tooled up for production and finally just proper. I was going to reproduce the stripe and was warned about copyright infringement. If you check out my trailer the logo's are my/artist idea and the only image like it in the world, not to be reproduced, without my written consent. I am a nobody, get the jest. It has to be an artist rendition not to be duplicated.

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Where can I see pics of that trailer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2