Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DashDAQ Series II ULTIMATE OBDII Gauge Display/GPS *Official Group Buy*

Hybrid View

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

DashDAQ Series II ULTIMATE OBDII Gauge Display/GPS *Official Group Buy*

Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning here has offered to do a group buy on these new DashDAQ OBDII setups!!

I'm selling my Aeroforce, and getting one of these! The Aeroforce is great for viewing data, but the DashDAQ can do everything the Aeroforce can and much much MUCH more!

Here's their website:
    DashDAQ Series II - customizable OBD2 gauges, data logging, dianostics, and GPS Navigation

Here's it on Torrie's website (A SV here!)
    DashDAQ | Unleashed Tuning | Dashdaq, Dashboard, Data, Gps

Pricing:
    Normal: $675 + shipping
    Group Purchase: ***TOO LOW TO POST***! PM me or Torrie (tmcphail) for pricing info!

Terms:
    This will run til the end of the month, and is good for as many people as we can get to jump in on it! Figure you're saving around $100 bucks after shipping on the normal price!

Yeah its pricey, but a dual aeroforce setup is over $400 and can only show 4 parameters at a time in a single line form. For the little extra its worth every penny & then some!

You can put a 1 GB SD card in this and datalog as much as you want! Also takes in all sorts of extra inputs, you can view 3 gauges at once, a listing of like a dozen line values, or graph real time values for a number of parameters, has diagnostic tools, you can custom make gauges & displays, use it in multiple vehicles, etc..

Here's a few examples of different screen setups.

and here's a few examples of all the ways you can setup data displays with gauges, line outputs, graphs, etc.

Optional Navigation (waiting on pricing)

I don't have a pic of the graphing screen, but checkout the video on Torrie's website and it goes through all the screens on the setup.

As for mounting, it comes with a windshield mount, but its very universal for mounting setups....

I plan on getting a mount and putting it into an expy console where the build plaque normally goes on a 02-03.

Anyway, post up if you want to join in the GB!

Last edited by Harley#356; 04-13-2008 at 03:17 PM.

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interested!

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here's a little more info on it too:

http://www.dashdaq.com/downloads/DashDAQ_Web.pdf

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here - I think the unit is awesome and well worth the money at FULL price, never mind the group buy price
    But, after spending quite a bit of time reading through their forum it appears there's a few glitches in their system that needs to be fixed. Hopefully the units that ship out for this group buy have some of these issues resolved.

Here's one of the big ones:
    DashDAQ • View topic - It doesn't detect chech engine light.
    Last edited by harly4d; 04-13-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can tell you for an absolute fact that all of the testing I have done on a bunch of Ford and Dodge vehicles I have not encountered any problems.

Its in my my GT now and I have used it for tuning on a bunch of vehicles and its been great. It boots quick and allows me to get vehicles tuned a lot faster then any other tool I have used.

Quote Originally Posted by harly4d View Post
    Here's a little more info on it too:

http://www.dashdaq.com/downloads/DashDAQ_Web.pdf

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here - I think the unit is awesome and well worth the money at FULL price, never mind the group buy price
    But, after spending quite a bit of time reading through their forum it appears there's a few glitches in their system that needs to be fixed. Hopefully the units that ship out for this group buy have some of these issues resolved.

Here's one of the big ones:
    DashDAQ • View topic - It doesn't detect chech engine light.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In my car pics :

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So, what's needed to monitor boost....and AFR?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed's01Lightning View Post
    So, what's needed to monitor boost....and AFR?
    The analog in cable $ 30. For AF you'll need a wideband setup and for boost you just need a pressure sensor like a GM 3 bar map.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    good info, it says they offer free updates to the software though, so jumping in on the GB price now shouldn't be an issue!

Shoot Torrie (tmcphail) a PM if you're interested to order

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Would I still need the analog in cable with already having the Innovate XD-1 Wideband setup?

And I assume the A/F gauge will still function as normal while hooked up to the dashdaq? I'll still use the A/F gauge to monitor it, but the dashdaq to log it during 1/4 mile runs.

I'm sending you a PM about ordering now

Drivetrain Calibration
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So whats the cost? I'm interested.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Shooting you a PM now Ryan. If anybody else needs pricing or the coupon code to order it from Torrie shoot me or Torrie a PM!

Just ordered mine....can't wait for it to arrive!!!!!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Would spring for one but not until Nav is available. Any news on availability?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Navigation will be an add-on kit consisting of a SD card with maps, and a GPS receiver that plugs into the 10pin connector on the back. We are still getting the navigation software up and running.

Once it goes retail, it will be an add on somewhere between $100 - $200 retail for the kit. It can be added to a new order or existing DashDAQ. The map software is really sweet, and includes things like 3D view, voice guidance, lane direction, etc. All using Navteq data.

So if you buy the unit now you can still add this once it released. I will get a test version of it within the month to field test it in my GT.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by '02 H-D #677 View Post
    Would spring for one but not until Nav is available. Any news on availability?
    I think your best bet may be to order the dashdaq now at the GB pricing thats good til the end of this month, then once the nav is finalized & released maybe we can all get another GB on that going

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sure !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast