Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New member just purchased a 02 DSG Harley

Name: Pedro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New member just purchased a 02 DSG Harley

Hey guys just bought a 2002 DSG Harley with 122k miles and was a previous smoker at some point. Reason why I bought was cause i got for $9k and is in overall pretty good shape. Now I am familiar with these trucks as I used to own a 04 Lightning Sonic blue and sold it to try to consolidate to 1 vehicle and I am having my third kid so the L was no longer going to hold up.. We decided to get another vehicle and of course I opted for the harley, if I can't get an L get the next best...

Anyways, Since I've had the truck the ABS Light has been coming on. I have been to ford and they believe it is the power relay chip in the black box connected to the ABS module. I did some research and plan on soldering a new chip in to see if it fixes if not just buy another one and replace. Ford quoted me $800 to fix, I will try the $6.00 repair first if not buy one new off ebay and switch myself.

The driver seat is in bad shape I have found an interior locally and plan on purchasing if its in good shape includes all four seats and two consoles. If i do this, I do plan on removing the rear console and installing a third seat.

If i go through all this work, I do plan on replacing the interior carpet to get rid of the cigarette smell, question which interior carpet do I use and where do I purchase one? i want it in the stock color is it considered black or charcoal?

In aiding in getting rid of the smell I have used the ozium, order absorber and meguairs order eliminator and it is coming around it is definitely a lot better.

the truck is stock and has a jj vent in the lower grill and a tonneau cover. I plan on only adding the magnapacks with the magnaflow x pipe so I can have the same sound I had on the L with the JDM silverbullets, I loved that sound.

Anyways guy I will be one these forums more than the other ones now...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is the pic the day after i got it...

And I am definitely555012_231979926940011_105938533_n.jpg doing the bumper gap mod..

Name: Keith

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Nice. Good luck with the restoration, I need to do the carpet in mine (sand) spilled drinks etc from previous owners,,,everythings on hold tho, thanks to the sequestration (Defense contractor), I'm hoping I still have a job come June when the contract runs out.

dragginNCrds
    Name: Will

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ACCMATS.COM is who we get our carpets for work from. their stuff is normally spot on.. and our color is BLACK.. charcoal is more of a grayish.. ours is deffently BLACK..

dragginNCrds

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    here is what you need

17086-02 2002 FORD PICKUP F150 SUPER CREW 4 DOOR CREW CAB CARPET, 801 BLACK 1 $281.17

part number and all

they also sell floormats in the same.

17524-02 2002 FORD PICKUP F150 CREW CAB CARPET FLOOR MATS 4PC P511/511R, 801 BLACK 1 $135.18

comes to $416.35 before shipping.. any car guy could lay this carpet in in a afternoon

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Welcome! Also need to go lower

dragginNCrds

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    im waiting on SR81 to go lower so he can donate to the NOT 4X4 fund..

dragginNCrds

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Here is my 4x4 DSG though LOL

Name: Dukcaln

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    welcome, this is a great forum as well as lightning rodder. between the two you cant go wrong when you need info.

nice ride and happy modding!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome guys thanks for the carpet reference I was looking at stockinteriors.com will def check acc, if anyone has had the acc carpet done do they include the driver floor hook to keep the floor mat from skidding?

and as for suspension, I have been really against lowering it anymore, as I kept my lightning setup stock, dur to the debris on florida roads, I have a less chance of damaging the front bumper...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dragginNCrds View Post
    here is what you need

17086-02 2002 FORD PICKUP F150 SUPER CREW 4 DOOR CREW CAB CARPET, 801 BLACK 1 $281.17

part number and all

they also sell floormats in the same.

17524-02 2002 FORD PICKUP F150 CREW CAB CARPET FLOOR MATS 4PC P511/511R, 801 BLACK 1 $135.18

comes to $416.35 before shipping.. any car guy could lay this carpet in in a afternoon
    is the carpet a one piece or two piece? I really want a 1 piece carpet....

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    The carpet in my 03 is one piece (looks molded) OEM. I know 'cause I pulled it when I did the sound deadening.
    I have some folks in my neck of the woods that are excellent at steam cleaning/sanitizing the interior/headliner.
    You might want to hook up and give them a try before you decide to purchase and replace the factory carpet.

Get a hold of GoneBrokeRacing. He recently put on some seat covers that look stock & fit tight like the OJ glove.

Bucks03HD
    Name: Jessey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what is the bumper gap mod ??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Merlin thanks for the heads up info. I was asking about the ACC carpet if its one or two piece cause the picture shows 2 piece. this Gone Broke racing guy purchased the seat covers were they oem look?

Reason why I am looking at a new carpet is because of the cigarette burns on the current carpet I have, there is quite a few of them.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Not sure on the carpet.
    Yes, I thought they looked pretty close
    Drop him a PM or search for his thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast