Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: official post for 22" reps

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sport90 View Post
    As of noon today OKI was still waiting on his
    as of 7:26pm...I was still waiting

now that it is 8:43 I feel a lil better...

cuz my pit let me know someone was out on the street...and it was the ups man.

Delivering these beauties...Def like the stock cap on the 22's...just need to mod that cap wire farther out to hold it in better.

I like the original cap on the 22'' definitely!!
    Last edited by oki916; 06-23-2008 at 08:11 PM.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 03HD8050 View Post
    Mark them once they are on...problem solved
    yeah, easy fix, but still not crazy about it lol.

and for all you guys waiting, hey it could be worse, could be like the rest of us who didn't have the $ to get in on the GB and are stuck waiting for a couple more months/years til we can get a set hahaha

closer to done!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wheels look sick fellas, glad i could help out!

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    It's great you got them Oki.

Not sure which caps I'll go with yet - but due to recent financial setbacks I'll have lots of time to consider the options.

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Cool! Mine arrived today. Fyi for anyone looking, i found a website selling 305/35/22 Pirelli Scorpion tires for $215 each:

XTCAuto Internet Specials

This will get the overall diameter pretty close to 295/45/20s. I think Pirelli is the only ones who make 305/35s
    NHTOC Gallery My FTW Gallery
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 #5531
    Performance: JLP Built Shortblock, Comp Cams & Valve Springs, Stage IV Steigy Ported Supercharger, LFP E-Fan, LFP Aux Idler Pulley Kit with additional billet idlers, AirforceOne full Intake kit, FTVB, Art Carr TC, Morosso Trans Pan, Predator Tuner, 8# Lower, JLP Competition R Exhaust, FT Tranny cooler, 255 fuel pumps, Canton Deep Oil pan w/ Windage tray.

THE LIFE
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    has any one seen the 22" in like a black crome or hyper black crome?
    I LIVE THE ONE I HAVE

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cpharley View Post
    Cool! Mine arrived today. Fyi for anyone looking, i found a website selling 305/35/22 Pirelli Scorpion tires for $215 each:

This will get the overall diameter pretty close to 295/45/20s. I think Pirelli is the only ones who make 305/35s
    Not a bad price at all!

295/45/20 - 30.45" tall
    305/35/22 - 30.40" tall

Definitely a nice match. My only concern would be the width up front with rubbing. Probably will be fine on your 01, but I'm interested if any lowered guys or 02-03 guys go with that size and have rubbing issues like guys with the 10" replicas, or 305/40/20's. If that size works out pretty well, thats the route I may take as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thelife View Post
    what is different between black chrome and hyper black chrome?

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post

what is different between black chrome and hyper black chrome?
    The hyper black chrome is ADD.

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    Not a bad price at all!

295/45/20 - 30.45" tall
    305/35/22 - 30.40" tall

Definitely a nice match. My only concern would be the width up front with rubbing. Probably will be fine on your 01, but I'm interested if any lowered guys or 02-03 guys go with that size and have rubbing issues like guys with the 10" replicas, or 305/40/20's. If that size works out pretty well, thats the route I may take as well.
    So, it is the width that makes them rub and not the height? Or could it be either? I just assumed if the diameter was the same you wouldn't have to worry about it. The guy earlier with a lowered '03 said he had 305/40s all the way around and rarely rubbed.

You are right though. I have an '01 and don't have to worry about it right now, but I have considered possibly adding the fender flares in the future.

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 03_HD_F150SC View Post
    They don't look exactly like the OEM center caps. However, with minor mod work you can get the OEM centers for 01-03's to fix. There's a "How To" posted. IIRC the 00's OEM center's fit with without any additional mod's.
    FYI, I didn't have to mod my center caps at all. For anyone who noticed I have an '01, I have had '03 center caps with the fake rivets for 2 years and they were bought brand new from Ford (never modified). I did have to rotate them a couple times to find the right spot, but once you find it they will slide right on easily.

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thelife View Post
    there was a place near centerline wheels HQ (central cali) that did black chrome. just need to research other places if they can do wheels...
    those 22 reps would look shweeeet....

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    So, it is the width that makes them rub and not the height? Or could it be either? I just assumed if the diameter was the same you wouldn't have to worry about it. The guy earlier with a lowered '03 said he had 305/40s all the way around and rarely rubbed.

You are right though. I have an '01 and don't have to worry about it right now, but I have considered possibly adding the fender flares in the future.
    For me it would definately be the width. With my 295/45/20's I come close to rubbing at full lock on the sway bar. With 305's up front in the same diameter i'm pretty sure I'd end up rubbing the sway bar. not a huge deal because I usually don't turn to full lock for that very reason, but the less issues for rubbing the better.

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

FYI, this is the reply I just received in regards to the 305/35s

thank you for the email at the present time we don't have any more of the 305-35-22 pirelli and when we get them back in the much will be higher

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    FYI, I didn't have to mod my center caps at all. For anyone who noticed I have an '01, I have had '03 center caps with the fake rivets for 2 years and they were bought brand new from Ford (never modified). I did have to rotate them a couple times to find the right spot, but once you find it they will slide right on easily.
    That is how I got it in the 22'' to take that picture I posted...but it didn't seal good...the slighest bump (me hitting the tire with my foot) on the tire and it would start to fall out...after 3 bumps it was almost all the way out

You must be lucky with the fit...cuz I have an '03 and they dropped in...just not a tight seal at all.

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I only tried one so far and I didn't try to knock it out or anything. So, I guess I will have to check that. It seemed to seal ok though.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11