Thread: FS: BIG Aquarium setup in SD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FS: BIG Aquarium setup in SD

After long debate I have decided to sell my 150 gallon aquarium. This project was truly my pride and joy. A lot of planning and work went into this. Sadly, I no longer have the time to maintain it since it is at my parents house in Rancho Penasquitos, and I live in North County.
    Before I can sell the aquarium, I need to find a new home for it's current inhabitants.
    It currently houses 4 fish
    *These are pictures from the internet, my fish are almost identical to these*
    Jardini Arowana - $100 - approx. 10"
    This is a very uncommon Australian variation of the more common Asian or "Silver" Arowana. Much more aggressive. I have had this since it was a baby at 3-4". It is now about 2 years old. They can reach a maximum length of 28"

Ornate Bichir - $100 - approx 8-9"
    Again, another less common variation. The common "Senegal" Bichir is a dull tannish color, while this fish has a snake-like pattern to it. It is sometimes referred to as a "dinosaur eel" although it has no relation to any type of eel.
    It is supposedly the most prehistoric freshwater fish still alive today. It breathes air, has scaley fins, and actually uses it's ventral fins like legs. I raised this fish from a baby as well, about 3" in length. It is roughly 2 1/2 years old. A slow grower, if given room I have seen these grow well over 1 foot in lenth and 2 in diameter.

Leopard Plecostomus - $25 - approx 8"
    An algae-eating species of catfish. Plescostomus are very common fish, the only difference with this one is it has a leopard spotting coloration.
    They can also grow quite large, I've seen plecos go up to 22"

Red Devil Cichlid - $15 - approx 4-6"
    One of the meanest cichlids you can get. Somewhat common, many stores don't carry them because they are just too mean. Often known to terrorize aquariums and kill all other fish around them. Be careful where you put this one. He used to run the tank but the Jardini took control as he grew larger.
    One of the more personable fish you can get. They will recognize their owners, and "follow" you around the room through the tank. I've heard stories of owners even being able to pet their Red Devils, they are just a owner-friendly fish. This particular one recognizes my mother, as she is the one who feeds the tank. Also referred to as a "Midas Cichlid", although they are actually different fish.

- - The aquarium - -
    -150 Gallon TruVu Acrylic Aquarium
    -72x24x20, shaped like a casket. Most 150 gallons are 72x18, so this one has nice depth for aquascaping and room for the fish to swim.
    -48" light w/ ballast
    -2 24" lights w/ ballast, featuring quick-connects
    -approx 32" tall custom-built stand - doubled 2x4 frame, center braced front, back, bottom, top. Bracket-reinforced corners.
    -Paneled sides
    -4 hinged doors, with 1/2 round trim.
    -Crown Moulding
    -Base Boards
    -Paneling stained in ebony, doors stained in mahogany.
    -Tank and stand are drilled and plumbed for filtration
    -30 gallon DIY sump fed by dual 3" overflows
    -Bio-Ball wet/dry setup
    -2 rio 3100 return pumps.
    -Single inlet into GenX PCX-40 external pump, run thru a triple-stacked NuClear Canister w/ reuseable filter. NuClear fitted with pressure gauge. Returns via Under-Gravel Jets to keep the aquarium floor clean.
    -approx 2800gph in filtration
    -Also including 150 lbs silica sand
    -approx 30 lbs african root (about $8/lb at most pet stores)
    -Misc. equipment, chemicals, acessories, etc.
    -2 Visi-Therm Stealth heaters, work great in the sump.

Asking $800 obo. The stand cost me $500 in materials alone. It took me about 4-5 days to build. I recommend 2 people to move this setup.
    Call Armand 858-922-9334 or email me on my gmail acct... - armand.ceniza

Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    To bad your on the west coast!