Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Chrome Letters

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007harley View Post
    Where those letters only for the 2007 models? I thought 08s got em 2
    08's got them, but only if you ordered the two tone model. The monotone Black just has the stripe.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    depends if it was the two toned 08's. the all blacks got pinstripes, which a lot of those guys are adding the chrome letters on top of the pinstripe lettering.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

chrome letters on

I bought a set of the chrome letters off ebay last summer ('07) and just finally got around to putting them on my 2006 HD about 2 weeks ago. Pulled the stock red/blue stripe and applied the letters. Before and after pic shown. I never liked the red/blue sticker from day 1, from a distance it looked pink.

I have a set of the red outline flame pinstripes on the way, like the black '02 came with. I loved the flame on my '02 DSG and although I like my all black truck now with the chrome letters, it just needs something to give it a little attitude. I am trying to decide how to put on the flame outline stripes. I am thinking that with that littel bit of red, and then painted red calipers it should make it jump out a little more.

Any thoughts of photoshoppers out there for how to put on the flame stripes? from the very front all the way back, just under the letters? from the "hump" in the front window back so the flames end where the chrome letters begin? any opinions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dr. Pepper is my choice!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You're right about the red/blue sticker...it does look pink!!! I can't give any advice on what it would look like, but I'm sure S|ck or OMH can Pshop for ya...btw: the chrome letters look good.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    have you thought about doing the pinstripe flames along the bottom? sort of a twist between the superduty style flames and the 01 HD pinstripe the top half the truck looks good with the HD letters, the HD emblem, and that dip in the door kind of cuts into the pinstripe lines

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks wyde, i like the letters too. that was the first thing I thought when I saw the 2007 with the letters sitting next to mine with the "pink" sticker. WTF were they thinking?

I am SLOWLY modding this truck, but not nearly like I was the '02. I like this truck, but MAN I miss the other one...

I switched jobs about 10 months ago and went from a nice fat check from a drug company as a marketing rep, to teaching high schol science. Really enjoy the career chjoice, but it is playing H E double L with my modding options. Having to save a little at a time to get the 2 main items I want; 2/5 drop, and another Gaylord cover with the speedstur wing.

Anyone have a set of chrome nerf tubes off of a 2000-2003? I would love to try to put them on the 2006 and see if they look better than the black plastsic stuff the Gen 3 trucks come with.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Josh, thought about doing it along the bottom, but not sure how well it would show up. I have noticed that sometimes on the Superduty trucks you don't even see the flame along the bottom. I am thinking that when I finally get the thing lowered, the flames along the bottom and angled down would be hardly visible.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I think the flames done in the same red/orange vinyl that the normal 02 stripes are done in would stand out pretty well even at the bottom. gotta remember the superduty flames are almost ghosted, very little color contrast. either pale blue on dark blue, black on dark blue, black on dark red, black on DSG, or dark red/orange on black. Nothing that really *pops* out at you like the 02 style would in the 01 stripe location.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thats true. I am going to play around with it a little bit before I put it anywhere. Need to find someone to photoshop it for me in several different ways and see which looks the best.

It is sitting on 4 jack stands right now getting the tires rotated and the calipers painted bright red. kind of funny to see it sitting up in the air like it is. Course that is nothing to having it sitting on jack stands, the bed off, and swing a sledge hammer at it, like I did on the '02 when I was getting the rear hangers off to lower it. That was a fun weekend!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    my buddy just hooked me up with photoshop or paint shop pro, i forget which, but i can try and give it a whirl if I get it installed and get some spare time to mess around with it. may not be til next week though.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that would be cool if you have time. no real hurry. I got finished with the calipers yesterday and spent the rest of the day taking the spacers out from between the axle and leafs. What a waste that piece of steel is! Truck sits almost perfectly level now. If anything it actually seems like it is maybe a tiny bit lower in the back now.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

06 with the 07/08 Chrome sides

I removed the "Pink" letters, and applied the 07 chrome letters. Looks much better...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    definitely nice improvement with the HD letters

not too crazy about the tails, but I kinda like that tailgate spoiler. who makes that?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Roush makes two different spoilers for the F150. One mounts to the Ford bed cover, ad the one I have mounts to the actual tailgate. I have a "back flip" bed cover, and the two work good together. ROUSH Performance Products has lots of good stuff, but check out ebay as well. Im looking at getting some dark LED tail lights in the future, to match the "line of fire" LEDs I have on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3