Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: At a total loss..

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C Dillon Go View Post
    I hope Tony and HP Performance realizes that this will not die hard anytime soon as far as the FHTOC is concerned.
    I guess I am glad I'm in S Fla.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HPTony View Post
    Hold off from killing me just yet there guys! I just found out about this an hour ago and I am on here attempting to get Mike to call me and tell me whats going on.

TonY G
    HP Performance Inc
    904-276-7223
    I know nothing of you or the specifics of this situation but I'm saddened that your first visit / post here had to be about defending yourself!

I'm sure everyone else here will agree with me that what you need to do here is make this RIGHT! Today companies live and die by their customer service and word - of - mouth. Failure to correct this problem could be a huge blow to your business and reputation!

Member # 125
    Name: -

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1. MIke, I strongly suggest you e-mail Torrie with whatever issues you have with tuning and I am sure he will be more than happy to e-mail you a fix or whatever is neccessary to solve you issue. If you trash him on line, he may be not as apt to help you.

2.I had told you it might be a good idea to cut your losses if your motor was going to need a total rebuild. Which it did. You bought a performance motor. There were a few things on both sides that were not 100% but I stand by Tony for getting your truck running for a fraction of the cost of what it should have been . You know that any tuning issues with torrie are just an e-mail away. I have never had a response less than 1 hour from him.

3. I understand you paid 2k+ to get your truck fixed. That sucks. BUT as I said the truck should not have been driven and you knew that. I give credit to Tony for getting your motor rebuilt and running because i can tell you any body else might not have been as enthusiastic about making this right. Call tony and call torrie and if they don't make it right I will personally make it a point to call them . Both of those guys have been very good to me for a very long time. I can't imagine either one ignoring you.

I hear a very similar story from just about every performance shop. Not many are willing to do what they can to make it right. When Al and Kris built my motor I was very clear if it popped on the dyno it was my responsibility .
    Mike I think you are in a position where you have a good shop and a great tuner willing to do whatever you need to get your truck where you want it to be. Tell them want you want. give them a chance, and if they don.t let us know.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by musturbo View Post
    1. MIke, I strongly suggest you e-mail Torrie with whatever issues you have with tuning and I am sure he will be more than happy to e-mail you a fix or whatever is neccessary to solve you issue. If you trash him on line, he may be not as apt to help you.

2.I had told you it might be a good idea to cut your losses if your motor was going to need a total rebuild. Which it did. You bought a performance motor. There were a few things on both sides that were not 100% but I stand by Tony for getting your truck running for a fraction of the cost of what it should have been . You know that any tuning issues with torrie are just an e-mail away. I have never had a response less than 1 hour from him.

3. I understand you paid 2k+ to get your truck fixed. That sucks. BUT as I said the truck should not have been driven and you knew that. I give credit to Tony for getting your motor rebuilt and running because i can tell you any body else might not have been as enthusiastic about making this right. Call tony and call torrie and if they don't make it right I will personally make it a point to call them . Both of those guys have been very good to me for a very long time. I can't imagine either one ignoring you.

I hear a very similar story from just about every performance shop. Not many are willing to do what they can to make it right. When Al and Kris built my motor I was very clear if it popped on the dyno it was my responsibility .
    Mike I think you are in a position where you have a good shop and a great tuner willing to do whatever you need to get your truck where you want it to be. Tell them want you want. give them a chance, and if they don.t let us know.
    1. I emailed Torrie the day after with a list of problems and the symptoms, here are the PM's

buddy 05-17-2008, 04:00 PM tmcphail vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);
    Supporting Vendor

View this user's gallery

Re: Hey buddy
    It did everything i commanded it to top to bottom.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fepony
    What kind of fuel pressure is it running? Were the pumps checked to make sure they were both working? Does that show on datalog? It feels like it's not getting enough fuel and stumbles and hesitates.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tmcphail
    All of the trims were 100% in line when I did all of my work with it the last few weeks.

The upshift and tq convert re schedules for upshift were changed not the downshift tables at all.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fepony
    Well i picked up my truck last night and drove it home today. There are a few issues.

1. When accelerating slowly from a stop, the truck stumbles as if it's not getting enough fuel.

2. When cruise is set @70 and going up a small incline like an overpass the truck hesitates like it's not getting fuel.

3. When coming to a stop, the rpm stays high and the truck doesn't down shift unless you come to a complete stop. (this is the same issue we had the first time)

I'm afraid to drive it. I think the low rpm fuel trims are out of whack.

www.UnleashedTuning.com
    Ford/GM/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep SCT Custom Calibrator
    2005 Black Twin hairdryer Ford GT 1089rwhp / 954rwtq
    2005 Silver Viper 610 rwhp / 760 rwtq
    2006 Silver Jeep SRT-8 12.4@109.6

2. I got nothing usable last time.

3. $2k?...think again...try $3461.50 That's NOT including the $500 transporting to him. Waiting 4 months for my truck when the motor was reassembled by a different company and finished on Feb. 25th. I'd probably get more info from the company that actually put it together.

Bottom line is i can't trust them anymore. I can't afford to have it shipped there again. (now @ $850) I can't afford to pay to have it "looked at" or "fixed" again. I have spent every dime we had on this truck and for almost a year it has been an uphill battle. (i paid for the motor in June) I have stressed to the point of near breakdown. The wife has worried herself sick more than once. This has strained my home life and taken all the joy i had owning this truck and turned it into a nightmare. I am making payments and insurance for a truck i can't drive. I haven't said a single thing that isn't true. I have every PM and email sent by everyone. I have stood by Tony and Torrie thru all of this up to this point and stepped up and paid my end as agreed. The truck is not drivable and i don't have the money, skills or the tools to make it right.
    JLP shortblock, Stage 3 heads and cams, 2.3 Whipple w/3" upper and 4# lower.Ba2800, Accufab, Pacesetter LT's, 60#inj, twin 255's, LFP efan, PI 2600 stall, Detroit Locker Tru-Trac, 58" LFP Tbars, Bilsteins all around, D.M.R. panhard, MT DR's. 564/598 on 15# boost

Slowest 03 HD n the WORLD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    damn that sucks bro...

and you spent way to much money...

lmk if i can help in anyway...

lawyer up now and get all your money back plus some...

Truckless........for now.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mike

This truly sucks. I don't care if it is a performance built motor. They knew it is your daily driver and has to be streetable and reliable. The fact that it isn't driveable says to most people that something isn't right. It should have never been released to you until they fixed what is wrong.

WATCHING YOUR TROUBLES HAS KEPT MY TRUCK STOCK!!!!! I don't know of anyone local that I would trust to touch the tune on my truck if I did mod it!!! If people that are supposed to be experts are having this much trouble, what would I wind up with??

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    At least you can communicate with the person/company that bent you over.

I had to take matters into my own hands, for the c0ck sucker that ruined my truck/paint job last summer, and couldnt give a rats azzz afterwards about it...

Sure, he's a little pissed at the length in which I took action against him, and yea no money has been returned, but for the crap I caused him, Im much happier then having the money back in my pocket!

Good luck with your situation... it gets better brother, trust me it does.

As for everyone giving advice on a LAWYER, trust me, that route isnt as easy as you think..... I could write a page alone on this subject!

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fep....

Man I share your pain...my new truck has been off road now for 5 months and when i got it back it ran like ****e.....just like yours' it hesitates and stumbles when accelerating.......
    Hopefully the solution to my problem is in the cats but I wont hold my breath.......

Buddy, do what you need to do and by the looks of it NHTOC has ya back...

Keep strong, I know its depressing but hopefully there will be a light at the end of the tunnel...

Kev

Capo Regime
    Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Fe, This is really a concern for me. I am in need of an additional tune for my truck and a dyno. Living close to you I was going to take your advice and use who you used for my truck. Luckily, I have not and will not.

You need to get then to "pony up" no pun intended... If they gave you your truck back and it ran like crap, they should not have released it to you. You should not have gotten what you got (overall) unless it was RIGHT. THEIR intergrity is on the line. If you don't have that....your business will suffer much more then the $$ you sepnt. I will tell everyone NOT to use these businesses until further notice.

Work In Progress
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Damn Mike..we talked about the issues you were having the night you got it back and I was really hoping it would work itself out. Has Tony or Torrie had any additional contact about the situation you are in. If not definitely start looking into other avenues .

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harly4d View Post
    Today companies live and die by their customer service and word - of - mouth. Failure to correct this problem could be a huge blow to your business and reputation!
    I have to disagree here. If that was the case RPM Outlet would have been out of business years ago. As long as they have good marketing and people willing to overlook their failures for lower prices, they can have a bad reputation and it won't catch up with them for a long time. I think about every popular vendor on here or NLOC has had serious issues with a customer at one time or another. Some of them I still buy from and some I won't depending on how the situation was handled. It comes with the territory that there are going to be unhappy customers, but I would not tolerate someone who outright lies to the customer and does not stand by their work. Especially when this type of money has been dropped.

Dr. Pepper is my choice!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ^^^+1

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Everything everyone is saying is correct, but what makes you think people will do the right thing? Business will keep going, others will be screwed, and unless you know a hitman, dont think for a second the "courts will solve all.."

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Update:

I called and left a message yesterday and Mike's wife called me today to discuss the events.. Waiting on Mike to call me and give me the details of what the problem is.

TonY G
    HP Performance Inc
    904-276-7223

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast