Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official "Cruise Down Memory Lane" Thread - June 14th! (Rain Date June 15th)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anyone wana meet up and convoy down there? Muzzy and I have been talking about meeting up at my firehouse. I'm in Flemington in Hunterdon County. So depending on where you're coming from you'd almost have to go right past me.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    North Jersey here, usually I go straight down NJ Tpk

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'll be in flemington for the weekend of aug 2nd n 3rd, but that doesnt help much. Did you figure out hwat way your gonna come down. Having to drive up there almost every weekend I found some quick ways up.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No I have no idea how to even get to Vineland

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    come boyz letz get this going and meet up

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I'm at exit 2 off the turnpike, not sure if anybody will be getting off that exit I'll be taking Rt-55 down to vineland. Its about 20-25 mins from my house

Quote Originally Posted by wyde1340 View Post
    Hahha...you all didn't scare me away...as much as you all tried...

And realize this: no one's truck is a spit-shined as Josh's...lmao! I sometimes wonder if he doesn't have a really long feather duster that he uses to get between the spaces (Yeah, he probably does...lmao!)
    its not a feather duster, its a cali car duster!! I've got two of those things, greatest detailing tool ever!

Quote Originally Posted by bmxer901 View Post
    As far as I know right now I wont be able to make it. I wanted to go but it prolly wont happen. I just started going back to school for sports med/ personal training. On other news unfortunitly (most might wanna cover your ears) I might sell the truck. I had an offer for $25k and I might take it. The truck is still fun to drive it just doesnt seem to put the same smile on my face. So rich let me know when you get your motor swap done cuase if I sell the truck im taking out the ported blower. Oh and the truck dynoed at 394-460 or somthing like that. Johny said "it was weak" He said the new exhuast set up robbed me of est. 20-25hp. I'll try an dkeep you guys updated with whats up and ill do the same. Um if I dont make this meet than if I still have the truck ill be at the next one.
    CJ, what boost were you hitting when you went to run? like 10 lbs? Your truck is putting down a pretty good hp # for just a 4 lb lower. Most guys are spinning around 15-16 lbs of boost to hit 400/500. The torque is lower than normal because a lot of guys do notice a bit of a torque drop with a ported blower when they aren't spun enough. Ported blowers like to see more boost than stock blowers to really shine their colors. I dont know how many times we've all told you this on here, but you're expecting miracles out of very little. 12's on the truck is VERY doable and for not nearly as much money & mods as you think. But a little 4 lb'er, and 10-12 lbs of boost isn't going to get you there, nor to 400/500 club. Spin the blower up to 15-16 lbs and that torque # will shoot way up there where it belongs once the ported blower is back in its efficiency range. Throw a set of slicks on there and you won't have to roll into the throttle off the line. Those TWO things alone and I guarantee you'll drop 3-4 maybe 5 tenths off your 1/4 mile time first shot out.

Dr. Pepper is my choice!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mmkay, I agree with the cali duster - but how the heck do you clean the goo out of your engine bay? Besides Simple Greening the thing to death...oh wait a minute, you change engines every 2 years...they don't have time to goo up...lol!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyde1340 View Post
    Mmkay, I agree with the cali duster - but how the heck do you clean the goo out of your engine bay? Besides Simple Greening the thing to death...oh wait a minute, you change engines every 2 years...they don't have time to goo up...lol!
    haha now you're catching on!

on my N/A motor I actually washed it down with my simple green/vinylex procedure. The second motor I never had to clean, cuz I yanked it before it even needed it lol

Dr. Pepper is my choice!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How we always jack our own threads...lol! H356/wyde/Hoffie/sometimes OMH/occasionally TPR
    Anyway Josh...come up to Hoff's this weekend and clean my engine...I have to make it a little shiny for that big red thing that's going to go in there...lol!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    would, but i'm booked!

gotta work in wildwood again saturday to finish up a job so I can get PAID! Then sunday gotta head back to Philly early to start cramming for finals this coming week

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    im seeing 13-14lbs right now. personally with how much it just cost to keep the truck running and how much I keep putting into it, it just doesnt seem as fun anymore. I have a 6lber in the back seat so I might throw that on and see what happens.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    But really, what all have you put into it? Exhaust, intake, pulley, swapped blower, and programmer? While its a good start on mods, thats still just scratching the surface on mods. And trying to run killer times without slicks just makes it 10x's harder to get it where you want to be.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am done with BMXer, knowing what else he does with his time (the speed and bumps on the BMX) I am sure he will get bored with everything that has four wheels, nothing compares to the thrill of a dirt bike

Go for it BMXer, 25k is something really amazing for these trucks latelly

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    well back to the topic, I might be able to make it. Im supposed to be in hazelton,PA for that weekend. But I might only stay for sat.morn to early afternoon. Its not def, But we will see. O and back to off topic but I need a new quick change #6L (I sorta lost mine). Im gonna go for another stab at a lower time. Oh and hoff, I get board of everything after alittle while. Just like the harley I just got in oct, although now its warming up and you cant beat the mpg.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    CDML is a late start for a show, so head down if you can. we're meeting at lileston ford at 1, but the actual CDML part doesnt start til 3 or 4, and cruise-in doesn't start til like 8 or 9

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast