Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have a "hidden hitch"?

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    harly4d YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!

I havn't been able to recearch this due to lack of time, so I really appreciate you info!!!

Where are you located, I owe you a beer...

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C Dillon Go View Post
    harly4d YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!

I havn't been able to recearch this due to lack of time, so I really appreciate you info!!!

Where are you located, I owe you a beer...
    Well, if you every make it here to Versailles, Kentucky I'll take you up on that! We're about 10 minutes west of Lexington.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C Dillon Go View Post
    .....Where are you located, I owe you a beer...
    Chris, you LAZY BASTARD!!!!

Just a word of advice -- don't settle for a beer from this guy. Hold him hostage for a margarita. He makes the best around. Don't ask me how I know.........

--Snake

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Deal.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good thread bro... I was just looking at mine the other day trying to figure out what I am going to do...

I have a regular Reese Hitch but I am going to be putting a roll pan on but the roll pan is not going to have a license plate so I am sorta screwed...

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Chris,

Mine is a Hidden Hitch, just not the one designed for use with Roll Pans which has its receiver behind the liscense plate. Had considered that one, when I thinking of installing a Roll Pan. But after seeing some photo's here of vehicles rear ended with RP's, I decided against installing one. However, I did want a Hitch that presented a very small footprint, but one with the receiver visible. That way I could insert a HD Hitch Plug for pimpin' , or if parking in a high risk parking lot, I could insert the highly visible Tow Pintle & Ball which should cause most to be more cautious when parking behind me. Could also do the same if used when driving. Either way it should afford a bit more cushion and be a better method than using the "BACK OFF" Stickers. Below are some photo's of my before, during and after install.

Did some touch-up painting to fix minor shipment boo boo's. Also, plan to call Hidden Hitch today and ask for a new decal.

Below you see my two helpers, Mr. Cycle Jack and Ms. Milk Crate. Hands free, plus kept me from harming the family jewels. Not as macho as Hoffiej/k

Took this one laying on my back on the creeper, just to show that it does present a smaller footprint than a number of others I've seen. But far more than the Roll Pan Model.

Final one with the HD Hitch Plug installed. As you can see, quite close up in the photo, but not a lot of the Hitch's frame is visible.

No matter which type Hitch you get, if buying other than local, make sure you note on your order that the item MUST be packaged with lots of styrofoam and plastic wrapping, because many reviews I read had lots of negative feedback due to severe dents, scrapes, scratches and marred surfaces during shipment. Autoanything.com had lots of complaints because owners said their hitches arrived with no packaging and lots of surface damage. Only required minor touch-up to mine and a slight nick to a letter in the decal. Just wanted to share the why's for my selection, as well as buying experience. Wish the best to ya on your's.

Wes
    Last edited by 03_HD_F150SC; 06-05-2008 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Fix typo

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have the UHaul hitch and its awesome and can barely see it.

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by njsgsxr750 View Post
    I have the UHaul hitch and its awesome and can barely see it.
    Can you post a pic?

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 03_HD_F150SC View Post
    Chris,
    That way I could insert a HD Hitch Plug for pimpin' , or if parking in a high risk parking lot, I could insert the highly visible Tow Pintle & Ball which should cause most to be more cautious when parking behind me. Could also do the same if used when driving.

I have used my truck for towing a long while back, but thats probably the most frequent question I get "why the heck do you have a hitch & reciever on that thing!" lol And its for that exact reason you said, extra safety! Somebody's gonna get their front end fubared up pretty bad if they hit me in a parking lot, and a bit more protection for the road.

Mine's a Draw-Tite brand, but not the rollpan style hidden. Here's a few pics. The place that put it on put the stupid plug hanging off the bumper drove it right home and fixed that! lol

flipped it 180*

here's the reciever I normally keep in it if I'm going to be parking it at work, or driving it a lot. Otherwise I have a nice HD reciever plug to put in it

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Josh,

Glad you posted up the 180* bracket flip. My bracket with connectors was mounted underneath in left rear frame hole, but had to remove in order to install hitch bolts. Was just about to remove both 7 & 4 pin connectors and insert through the holes on each side the hitch receiver. Think I'll try your 180* flip instead...will also save me from having to buy a 4 pin adapter with round rubber connector which I was going to insert in the 1 1/4" hole right side of hitch. Very timely post!!

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    dude is that a starion next to the hd??

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tpr103 View Post
    dude is that a starion next to the hd??
    No. But it's its 1988 Chrysler Conquest TSi Twin.

Pretty much same vehicle except for exterior badging and some enterior differences. Bought it new back in that day, and been the only owner since. She's got 78K and runs just like the day I first brought her home. Still has original paint and door dings too. lol
    Last edited by 03_HD_F150SC; 06-05-2008 at 11:40 PM.

nice i had 3 of them back in the day lol!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 03_HD_F150SC View Post
    Josh,

Glad you posted up the 180* bracket flip. My bracket with connectors was mounted underneath in left rear frame hole, but had to remove in order to install hitch bolts. Was just about to remove both 7 & 4 pin connectors and insert through the holes on each side the hitch receiver. Think I'll try your 180* flip instead...will also save me from having to buy a 4 pin adapter with round rubber connector which I was going to insert in the 1 1/4" hole right side of hitch. Very timely post!!

haha no problem! Took me a few minutes to figure out exactly how to mount it back up, but it worked pretty well. You can see the silver bolt from the bottom of the bumper standing back a bit, but its WAAY less noticible than the whole fugly plug! I've been meaning to hit the bolt head with a little black paint so its blended in, but never got around to it

Quote Originally Posted by tpr103 View Post
    nice i had 3 of them back in the day lol!

lol how many cars have you owned already? my sisters old bf used to have a red conquest.

you have no idea lol!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast