Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Does anyone have a "hidden hitch"?

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    [QUOTE=Harley#356;471979]haha no problem! Took me a few minutes to figure out exactly how to mount it back up, but it worked pretty well. You can see the silver bolt from the bottom of the bumper standing back a bit, but its WAAY less noticible than the whole fugly plug! I've been meaning to hit the bolt head with a little black paint so its blended in, but never got around to it .......QUOTE]

I cleaned up the OEM Electrical Connector Bracket, shot it with bit of primer, then flat black paint. Looks a bit better. While underneath, I noticed that the mounting bolts still had a decent length showing after the shoulder nuts. After the paint dried, I dry fitted the bracket to the second hitch bolt from the rear. Walla! A good fit, so was off to the Fastener Gods to buy another shoulder nut (got a locking one) and a washer both sized to fit the hitch bolts.

Decided I didn’t need to do a 180* flip of the bracket. Just removed the nut from the hitch bolt, put Loctite on the threads, installed the washer, inverted and tightened the original shoulder nut. Then positioned the bracket with connectors on the bolt to the angle I wanted, a bit more Loctite, then installed the locking shoulder nut…..last nut doesn't require a lot of torque, as the bracket and connectors don't weight diddly. Scheduled to pick-up my trailer on Monday. Here's the pic of electrical connector bracket. BIG Thanks to Josh for the bracket tip... you also jump started my brain cells too! lol Now I have to come up with a cleaver means of camouflaging the two empty harness openings on each side of the hitches receiver?
    Last edited by 03_HD_F150SC; 06-07-2008 at 07:27 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 03_HD_F150SC View Post
    Can you post a pic?

Mine looks identical to Josh's above.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrumo View Post
    Street Scenes make the hitch that you want. It is made to fit with their roll pan but there was someone on here a while back that put it on and it fit right behind the license plate on their stock bumper.

Can anyone confirm if this is the correct hitch to buy that will work as described above?

Hitches - Receiver Hitch From Street Scene

I want it to terminate through the license plate with a flip down bracket so it's completely hidden when not in use, but I am keeping my stock bumper.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    Can anyone confirm if this is the correct hitch to buy that will work as described above?

Hitches - Receiver Hitch From Street Scene

I want it to terminate through the license plate with a flip down bracket so it's completely hidden when not in use, but I am keeping my stock bumper.
    That one looks very similar the one I have with my rollpan. Don't remember which model exactly. Definitely go behind the plate. Nothing uglier than a square chunk hanging under the bumper So those of you towing over 3k lbs, what MPG do you get? I asked in another thread but no answers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3