Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How To: JLP Ram Air Intake (New Style)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    installed everything looks great love it gives me just a tad tq on the butt dyno lol but have a few questions when turning wheel all the way to the right i hear a lil rub and cant seem to get anymore tube down to get it outta the way here is a pic

Then also on that second pic i was a lil concerned did i go the right route down through the engine bay and i was wondering if i bent that hose or it was bent like that .... thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eviiil; 01-20-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    as you can see i put the L bracket in the wrong place i have it on the lower steering box bolt with a zip tie i gues i need to go back and fix that unless you have some other ideas thanks again

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    the trans line is pre-bent, you're fine there.

the hose in the wheel well isn't secured right though. I can't see where you put the L bracket, but it needs to be on that top steering box bolt. That'll keep the tube pulled tight to the body mount, and just beyond where the tire can rub. Mine's held in place with a hose clamp, that may be more sturdy than the zip tie holding it to the L bracket.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    cool thanks man...i was wondering i was like wth am i on his **** list or something not answering haha thanks alot.....i thought that is what i did wrong about the L bracket i will have to wait on another nice day to get it done.....for now it just rubs when you turn all the way to the right...so it will do for temporary until the weather breaks thanks again man

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    not a problem!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ahhhhh what happened to the orginal photos i am out there putting it on the top bolt and cant figure out which way i need that L bracket to go ....... and i came in to look at your pics AND POOF they are gone ....just the way my luck is going....cause every which way its still rubbing that damn tire

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    finally got it nevermind......thanks alot though....where it was rubbing before it rubbed a couple lil holes through the hose what would you reccomend should be alrright or is them couple holes making me lose all the damn air that is coming through from the scoop haha

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    pics still show up for me

They're hosted on L-Rodder since NHTOC still hasn't incrased the # of uploads you can do at a time, so with only 5 photos uploading at a time it takes way too long to transfer them over to here. But L-Rodder only works on certain IP's for some reason.

Anyway, use some black gorilla duct tape to tape over the holes. they won't lose a ton of air, but heck why not seal it off with a piece of tape if you can lol.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah no doubt i was thnking the same thing thanks alot......i got it though...and my damn computer still wont lemme log on to l-rodder and its getting annoying as all hell....dont know what to do tried resetting ip and everything

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    you dont need to log in there to view the pics on here, they should just show up unless your ip is blocked. in that case google search proxy server, and use a proxy server to navigate to this website and the pics should show. Its a little slower, but its like using a browser window in a browser window. I have to do that from home to view them now too. Hopefully NHTOC will increase the # of photo uploads at a time so I can start updating the how-to's so they show for everyone!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Got my kit today and am very impressed with the quality of the air box. I got 38" of hose and it isnt near long enough to make the length required to fit the scoop behind the grill. Looks like the hose was cut for the under the bumper location.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    my front drivers side tire rubs on the ram air tubing that came with my truck, with it mounted the way this kit does, does it still rub? I mostly notice it at or near full lock right turns when parking.

I like the higher mounting point of this too, I'll likely be re-doing mine to bring it up into the grill, been cringing and creeping through some big puddles with the heavy rain we've been getting in socal lately just praying the filter doesn't take a big drink.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sstock View Post
    Got my kit today and am very impressed with the quality of the air box. I got 38" of hose and it isnt near long enough to make the length required to fit the scoop behind the grill. Looks like the hose was cut for the under the bumper location.
    give JLP a call and I'm sure they can fix it for you. I do know mine was a tight run, it would have been a little easier if I had another 3-4" of hose so I wouldn't have to make tight pulls on the tubing. They're in FL this coming week for NMRA though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    my front drivers side tire rubs on the ram air tubing that came with my truck, with it mounted the way this kit does, does it still rub? I mostly notice it at or near full lock right turns when parking.

I like the higher mounting point of this too, I'll likely be re-doing mine to bring it up into the grill, been cringing and creeping through some big puddles with the heavy rain we've been getting in socal lately just praying the filter doesn't take a big drink.
    ZERO rub with either the under the bumper routing, or behind the grille routing. Even with my wider than stock 22's and 285/35/22 rubber on the front I've got no issues.

And you can park the truck with that under-the-bumper scoop IN a bucket of water and its not going to suck it up into the filter. Its not a sealed system where the only source for air is the scoop. So it won't draw any vacuum on the scoop. If the scoop is under water it'll simple pull air from the hole in the fender and the vented lid.

Just to note also, the scoops are different for under the bumper and behind the grille.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah once i moved mine its perfect now love it thanks alot for the adive josh.....great kit love it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3