Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 01 owner

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

01 owner

Hey ! I have bought a 01 H-D that has been lowered "slammed" is a better word. for it. 6'' front and 7" rear. Now i love the truck in all, but the ride needs to improve. i just bought the hankook 275/45/20 tires off the good ole ebay, 500.00 shipped. There good tires i had 65k on my last set. But anyways i want to raise it up some. What all do i need to look for. The kit thats on it is a belltech i know that for sure. I have know way of contacting the people that lowered it or what all they did to it. I managed to get under it kind of, The springs look like they are new and it has a C notch and flip kit on the rear. Now as far as changing that can i reverse the flip ? then buy shackles ? Or how about a complete bell tech lowering kit like a 4/3 ? The front end looks like just springs is all they changed. I looked at the spindles and control arms, They appear to be stock. Can i take pictures of it and then post them on here ? I am a Noob to this forums thing. Any help would be great!

After i get the to a proper height if anyone would like the parts please feel free to contact me.

Truckless........for now.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I believe that 3" drop springs (2" on a Harley) is as much as you can get. You must have spindles or control arms also. I have a set of stock spindles you could have for shipping costs if needed. Where are you located? I would think you could "reverse" the flip. Just remove the brackets and move the axle. You would probably need stock u-bolts and spring plates if the kit replaces them (not sure). Welcome by the way!!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for a quick reply ! I will be taking the truck to get looked at this week and will know for sure what has been done. Thank you so much for the offer on the spindels ! I live in Illinois btw. If i need them i will be getting in touch soon. Thanks again.

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Welcome. Good you'll find out exactly what parts were actually used.

#09975, Michigan, Built:05/08/2003,
    Black, NHTOC #494, (Wes)
    22" Staggered Tire Club (STC)
    “the old horse is getting even with me for the sins of my youth.”

Mods: 2.93" Non-Slip Upper & 5lb Lower Pulleys, MP Bracket w/90MM Dbl Bearing Idlers,
    K&N FIPK2 CAI, L&S Oil Separator, F-250 Tranny Cooler w/B&M Remote Filter Kit and
    Moroso Trans Pan. MagnaFlow's "L" Exit Cat-Back, Belltech Pro Sport 1"-2" Drop Coils
    on 2", Belltech 3" - 4" Drop Leaf Springs, Sulastic Rubber Springs, “L” Spec Bilstein’s Front
    & HPS 1000 Shocks Rear. 22" Detroit Replica Wheels w/Toyo Proxes S/T 285/35's Front &
    305/40's Rear. Fire & Ice 12" LED, Colgan Custom Harley Truck Bra and AMI Locking Fuel
    Door. AeroForce Interceptor OBDII and Innovate MotorSport WideBand Guages.
    382 RWHP / 496 RWTQ
    The End...ya think??

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome aboard

If the kit there is in fact a Belltech flip kit, yes, you can reverse it, the Belltech kit is a bolt on system, you will need a new center pin for the leafs.

BTW-

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    ^^^^
    What he said - post pics of the 6/7 drop.

And welcome!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm having troubles with posting some pics. I have tried and tried. I must not be allowed ??

The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this forum, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will be a limit to the file size of any attachments you make.

To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Manage Attachments] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.

Truckless........for now.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Now that you have 5 posts you should be able to post up a pic.

Dr. Pepper is my choice!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome...can't wait to see the pics!!!

Juice
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm running the Belltech Spindles with 1" drop coils from Ground Force with a set of 22" rims and now I'm noticing my inner fenders are taking the royal beating ( almost burnt holes through them ). I want to see some pictures of a 6/7 drop. I have an air ride kit as well and was going to slam my truck but there's no room to put the tires without HUGE MODS. We all want to see some pictures.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I kind of have a hard time believeing its a 6/7 drop, but definiately post up pics. With a 01 the trucks do have a bigger wheel well opening, so they can be dropped a bit further, but at 6" up front your tires would be totally inside the wheel wells, and there's not enough room in the front wheel wells to even get that without cutting the metal fender portion out and relocating your battery & fuse box. The rear with a flip kit depending if shackles & hangers are used could reach 7", but it'd have to have a C-notch to go that far, and would be tucking the tires as well completely.

Up front, if its just coil springs, its probably got a LOT of negative camber. anything past 3" off springs alone and you can't fix the camber all the way, so lifting it up will help your front tires last a LOT longer! lol

get some pics of the truck up, shoot me a PM if you want me to upload the pics for you, and if you can get any pics of the supsension components we can help you pinpoint exactly what drop it is, and the best way to revamp it.

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Welcome
    Troy - 2002 DSG #09850. 378 HP, 465 TQ

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks to all who have posted. I am having troubles resizing my pictures that i took of it. But i was able to get a link to the craigslist add were i found it. Please check it out. I was looking on ebay last night and found some stock lightning springs for 50 bucks. The springs on my truck say belltech 4804 if its any help.

2001 Harley Davidon F-150,4 door, Lowered 6 / 7 Drop

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredFly View Post
    Thanks to all who have posted. I am having troubles resizing my pictures that i took of it. But i was able to get a link to the craigslist add were i found it. Please check it out. I was looking on ebay last night and found some stock lightning springs for 50 bucks. The springs on my truck say belltech 4804 if its any help.

2001 Harley Davidon F-150,4 door, Lowered 6 / 7 Drop
    Send the images to my e-mail add Hx3m@msn.com

BTW- the pics are small, it does look good, but it's not more than 3/4 drop

Juice
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    +1 My truck sits the same and thats a 3/4 drop. If your running spindles you won't get much better with the lower stance. Very nice lookin truck though

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast