Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 01 Owner 6/7 drop pics

Truckless........for now.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll trade you a set of stock spindles for those bell techs.

Slowest 03 HD n the WORLD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by y2k_harley View Post
    I'll trade you a set of stock spindles for those bell techs.
    lol...

i have a spare set of stock spindles..

i win...

lol...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank you Fellas so much for all your help. I stopped at my local parts house and ordered some stock coil springs today. As fas as finding the height or stance i really don't know! I don't want to wear out my new tires i just had put on. I have a buddy that doesn't drive "DUI" And he rides with me to work, Well we drag bottom all the way. So what i'm going to do is leave the spindles and just go back to stock springs with new shocks. Sounds easy i know. Ha Ha! This JLP 2-3-4 kit does anyone have a link for it ? I will go ahead and get all the stuff ordered up. Is there anything else i should need??

Coil springs And the insulators. Bilstien L spec shocks will this switch involve ball joints ? I have no idea but i know you good folks will see me through it.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you know they make spacers/isolators right????

idk what the issue is... maybe it to low or maybe it rides like ****.. idk...

so..

WHATS THE MAIN ISSUE???

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredFly View Post
    Thank you Fellas so much for all your help. I stopped at my local parts house and ordered some stock coil springs today. As fas as finding the height or stance i really don't know! I don't want to wear out my new tires i just had put on. I have a buddy that doesn't drive "DUI" And he rides with me to work, Well we drag bottom all the way. So what i'm going to do is leave the spindles and just go back to stock springs with new shocks. Sounds easy i know. Ha Ha! This JLP 2-3-4 kit does anyone have a link for it ? I will go ahead and get all the stuff ordered up. Is there anything else i should need??

Coil springs And the insulators. Bilstien L spec shocks will this switch involve ball joints ? I have no idea but i know you good folks will see me through it.

us folks good people??? neah....

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    .: Johnny Lightning Performance the shackles are listed up there. They'll get the rear a 3" drop on their max setting.

the bilstein shocks are a direct swap out. just make sure the rears come with new insulator nuts or you order a set. the stockers won't fit the bilstein rears. No balljoint changes required.

when you ordered the coils, did you make sure they were for a HD? We're 1" lower via the coils & leafs from the factory, so if they're regular f150 springs it'll lift your front 3" instead of just 2"

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    ....So...if you lift the front 2", you'll have a 2" front drop, and a set of JLP 2-3-4" shackles would have the rear at a 3" drop, and the truck will sit pretty level with a tiny rake. If you just lift the front 1", I'd suggest going with a rear leaf replacement with stock shackles/hangers, (hotchkis or belltech), and depending where its sitting and what brand you go with, fine tune the height in the rear with a set of shackles.

sorry for the long post, but hope that helps.

oh yeah one thing I forgot to mention thats important to remember. since you have a 01, there's no fender flares. the 02-03 have fender flares so they appear to sit a bit lower. A 2/4 drop on a 00/01 truck without flares, and on a 02/03 truck with flares, the 00/01 is going to look almost an inch higher looking at the fender gap. So to look the same, looking at a pic of a 02/03 with a 1/3 drop, you'd have to lower a 00/01 almost 2/4 to get the same stance.
    This also changes the measurements from the center of the wheel to the fender. Since the 02/03 fender flares hang into the wheel well lower, the measurements won't be exactly the same. Just keep that in mind for comparing drops between 00/01 and 02/03

I agree that the flares on a 02-03 would afford a slightly lower drop and better appearance, but that could eaisly be overcome with the a tad wider/taller tire size. Anyway, my measurements (on an 03 though) show that only about a 1/2"-5/8" difference for flares vs. no flares. Although different, I dare say it's not one that would make an extremely overwhelming impact in a side-by-side comparison of an equally lowered 01 vs. 02-03 with the same size wheels and tires.

An 2/3 drop achieved as you said by lifting the front 2", then reconfiguring the rear for a 3" drop w/ JLP 2-3-4 Shackles on position 3, would provide near similar results as using the Belltech drop coils on 2" setting and Belltech drop 3-4" drop leafs response and pic's. Plus, an advantage of the Belltech leafs is, one gains a slightly higher load capacity due to their higher spring rates. So if towing and a bit heavier hauling is also required, then the Belltech's definately offer an advantage, and still deliver a VERY pleasing rear drop.

With the Belltech Leafs, I have no problems or concerns with loading up the trailer and trk bed for my trip next week. Now That's Priceless!!
    Last edited by 03_HD_F150SC; 06-19-2008 at 07:32 AM.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 03_HD_F150SC View Post
    I agree that the flares on a 02-03 would afford a slightly lower drop and better appearance, but that could eaisly be overcome with the a tad wider/taller tire size. Anyway, my measurements (on an 03 though) show that only about a 1/2"-5/8" difference for flares vs. no flares. Although different, I dare say it's not one that would make an extremely overwhelming impact in a side-by-side comparison of an equally lowered 01 vs. 02-03 with the same size wheels and tires.
    Thats why I run 295/45/20's, to fill up a bit more of the wheel gap without the flares, but even though they only take up around 5/8", that still makes a WORLD of difference. Trust me on that one! LoL! When you park 2 of them together, it becomes drastically obvious. Took me a while at very first to figure out why my truck when lowered still didn't look lowered at meets parking next to 02/03's, then when noticing the flares, it really does make a BIG difference in the appearance of the drop. Just last weekend at CDML my truck with a 3" front drop was parked next to stingrays with a 2" front drop, and his front end STILL looked lower than mine

Quote Originally Posted by 03_HD_F150SC View Post
    An 2/3 drop achieved as you said by lifting the front 2", then reconfiguring the rear for a 3" drop w/ JLP 2-3-4 Shackles on position 3,
    The shackles aren't a direct rating. the JLP's on the 4" setting only drop the truck right around 3". 2" shackles only end up dropping the trucks around 1.5", so the 3" setting on the JLP's would probably drop the truck around 2.25". The inch measurement of the shackles is the increased distance between the leaf & mount holes, and since the shackle is usually on an angle under load, its not an exact inch for inch relationship.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I ll buy you drop springs if you want to get rid of them pm me

GOMEZ HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    DO THE Shock Extensions ONLY GO ON THE REAR?

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GOMEZ HD View Post
    DO THE Shock Extensions ONLY GO ON THE REAR?
    yep. the front's do not need extenders.

GOMEZ HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    are those 265/45/20 tires

GOMEZ HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oh ok thanx hd #356..........anyone know were i can get 1" coil springs that would only stay one inch

78shovel 91bagger 2000
    Name: Jim

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am glad to see I am not the only one who is carrying a bike around in the back of their truck on ocassions when needed
    only difference is mine has a Rampage lift
    but I am still going to lower the rear by using a hanger kit and then replace the shocks (see my thread about Air or gas)

build#007034
    TCC-M/M

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GOMEZ HD View Post
    oh ok thanx hd #356..........anyone know were i can get 1" coil springs that would only stay one inch
    1" drop? Cut 1/2 coil off your stock springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushertx3 View Post
    I am glad to see I am not the only one who is carrying a bike around in the back of their truck on ocassions when needed
    only difference is mine has a Rampage lift
    but I am still going to lower the rear by using a hanger kit and then replace the shocks (see my thread about Air or gas)

do you have shackles on it now? Hangers are a ROYAL pita to install, and usually requires ending up pulling the entire bed off. They are the last way I'd ever recommend to lowering the rear.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast