78shovel 91bagger 2000
    Name: Jim

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    these are shackle hangers and looks to be a real easy change
    shouldn't be to bad a deal

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    shackles are cake. trust me on hangers, they are a BIATCH and a half! Read up, you'll find for yourself if you dont want to take my word Guys have ended up having to pull the bed to get the factory hangers off. They're installed with hardened steel rivets. Air tools, grinders, and air chisels are a must, and its still a royal PITA.

GOMEZ HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    any one used Coil Spring Distance Spacer Kits by Belltech with the 2" bell techcoilsprings? i want to get the spacer just so i can just get one inch drop. i allredy have belltech spindles well what u all think?

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    so you have a 2" front drop now from the spindles, and you just want 1" more? I'd steer away from spacers if you can.

Another thing to keep in mind, the HD's already have 1" lowering springs stock. So if those belltech 2" springs are for a regular f150, they'll only lower your HD 1". The easiest and cheapest method though, and one that will not affect ride quality at all, is cutting 1/2 coil off your factory coils.

GOMEZ HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oh ok yea thats what i though that spacers are a bad idea so what do u suggest to cut the coil with? thnx bro for the help...

GOMEZ HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anybody done navigator stock front airbags

78shovel 91bagger 2000

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GOMEZ HD View Post
    oh ok yea thats what i though that spacers are a bad idea so what do u suggest to cut the coil with? thnx bro for the help...
    Angle grinder
    remove them and place them next to each other and make sure the cut is even

droped an s-10 that way back in 86 made a sweet ride with a great lowered effect ran t/a 50's all the way around on 8" reversed true spokes w4" drop in rear and never rubbed and was a real smooth ride

GOMEZ HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

GOMEZ HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lowering Front Coil Springs by Belltech at StylinTrucks.com

ok i have the 3'' springs for my hd it gives me 2" dro so im thingking if i get the 2" coils ill probbly get 1" what u guys think?????????????

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Gomez, you're going in 100 directions at once and 100 miles an hour. Slow down for a minute and collect yourself lol

like mentioned above, an angle grinder and go slow, stop every 10-15 seconds to cool the coil. You don't want to heat the coil up too much since heat will alter the spring properties. So don't get it glowing cherry red. Cut 1/8"-1/4" then let it cool or put some water on it.

Anybody done navigator stock front airbags
    No, its not a stock swapout. More to it than tossing navi bags in. If you want an airride suspension, thats a WHOLE new thread lol

1997-2003 Ford F150 F250 2WD Front 3" COIL LIFT KIT 2X4:eBay Motors (item 220484480924 end time Sep-30-09 16:45:24 PDT)

You said you wanted to lower your truck another inch, now you want to lift it 3 inches? You're all over the map man

what u think of this u think it would work
    Lowering Front Coil Springs by Belltech at StylinTrucks.com

ok i have the 3'' springs for my hd it gives me 2" dro so im thingking if i get the 2" coils ill probbly get 1" what u guys think?????????????
    You need to go back, checkout your truck, and post up what you actually have. You said you had belltech 2" drop spindles, then you said you wanted to lower it another 2" with coil springs then lift it 1" with spacers (netting a 3" drop over factory), then you said you wanted to lift it 3" with spacers (putting it an inch higher than factory), now you're saying you have 3" f150 drop coils which are 2" hd drop coils (putting you 4" drop over factory)

Can you see why we're so confused now?

Tell us the EXACT DROP that is INSTALLED on the truck right now. Then tell us WHERE you want to take the truck. 1" higher, 1" lower, etc. THEN we can steer you in the right direction

GOMEZ HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LOL HAHA.. OK LETS ATART ALL OVER I HAVE BELLTECH SPINDLES BUT I HAVE ABOUT 1" FENDER GAP AND I HATE IT SO 2WEEKS AGO I INSTALL A 3'' BELLTECH COIL THAT GAVE ME A 2" ON THE HD. BUT I COULDNT DRIVE IT CUZ OF BEING THE LOW AND THE TIRES WER 275/45/20 IT WAS RUBING ON TOP OR COULDNT TURN THE WHEELS..SOO I PUT ON 255/40/20 TIRES AND IT WAS LIKE PERCT I COULD TURN AND DRIVE FINE. THE TIRE WAS TUCKIN IN. BUT NOW THE FRONT BUMPER IS LIKE 6" OFF THE GROUND AND IS TO LOW. SO WITH THE SPINDLE AND COILS IS A 4" DROP AND I THING WITH THE 255/40/20 TIRES IS TO LOW SO MY GOAL IS TO GET A 1"SPACER SO I COULD LIFT THE FRONT BUMPER LITTLE MORE AND N MAYBE TRY 255/45 TIRES SO I LIFT IN THE FRONT MORE BUT I DONT WANT TO USE A SPACER NOMORE. NOW IM THINNKING OF GETTING THIS COILS Stylin' Trucks Truck Accessories -- pickup truck, SUV, and custom truck accessories IS A 2" DROP ON REGULAR SO MAYBE ILL GET THE 1" CUS THE ONE I HAVE IS 3" AND I ONLY GOT 2" DROP SO HOPEFULLY I GET THE 1" THAT I WANT. OH THE SPACER THAT U SAW ABOUT 3" LIFT I JUST WANTED YOU TO LOOK AT IT SEE WHAT U THOUGHT ABOUT BUT THEY HAVE IT IN 1" LIFT..

GOMEZ HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    wow that trucks slammed!

I'd personally never recommend downsizing tires on our trucks to accomidate the drop. There's always better ways to tailor the suspension to the wheels and tires, than change the tires to rubber bands and downgrade to narrower treadwidth to accomidate a drop. So you were at a 2" drop with the spindles alone and wanted 1" more for a net of a 3" drop. You then put 3" f150/2" HD drop coils in for a 4" drop and had to downgrade the tires to not rub. You now want to lift it up to get a 3" drop total at the end of the day.

Well since you originally had a 2" drop and say 1" fender gap that you wanted to get rid of, you're going to be back at the same point with a 3" drop and a shorter tire. You got rid of the gap with the extra inch drop, but you gained it back with the shorter tire.

btw, please don't type in all caps. Its hard to read and on forums its considered equivalent to yelling

78shovel 91bagger 2000

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    since we are trying to figure out the hight and slam measurement of the truck wouldnt it be better if we got a side pic not an angle ?

GOMEZ HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yea is pretty low. yea but if i get the inch with those coils i m going to go back with a 55or 65/45 tires. I just want the front bumper to go little higher and get rid off the fender gap cuz i know a inch might make a diffrents. Sorry i cant post a pic of the side i took off the coils and put the 275 tires back on so is just with the 2" spindles and like 5" rear drop.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast