Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 01 Owner 6/7 drop pics

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

01 Owner 6/7 drop pics

Hey all ! Sorry they took so long. I had my wife re size them for me. Again thanks to all who have replied and read my post. Your feedback is very important cuz frankly i know ZERO about this trucks suspension. I will be off work on the 28 till 8 of July so my plans are to get this raised up to a suitable height then. I'm hoping to find some stock springs to put under it and shackles in the rear but again i have no clue. I have called the fella i bought it from but he's on vacation. So i really can get the details on whats been done.

Please let me know what you think !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Zealand.. Where???
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bra, maybe try some shock extenders in the rear for a start. Hard to tell whats be done in the front. Any marking on the front suspension?

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    That's low.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You have 2" lowered spindles by Beltech, as well as a 1" lower spring, and probably no rubber isolators, all of that combined would give you about 3" to 4" lowered up front.

As for the rear, you have a flip axle bracket (I can not name the brand) as well what it looks like to be stock springs, following some calculations I was making when I was planning on adding a flip axle to my truck, you are lowered at least 6" on the rear, 5" the flip alone + 1" and change for the thickness of the bracket, but anyway you go, you will want to keep it low, so do your truck a favor and add a set of beltech shock extenders, as mentioned above, and please, measure from the bottom of the fender lip to the center of the axle, that's how we can tell how much exactly your truck is lowered

example of how to measure pic, this one is 13 1/2", and as you can see on the second pic, is very similar to the drop you have.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Front 14.25'' Rear 13.5''

Is there any difference in the coil springs on a lightning and a Harley truck ? I'm looking for a stock set to put back in my truck to raise it up some. There is a stock set "used" on ebay. I just don't want to waist the cash if they wont fit my 01 h-d. Any ideas on shocks too would be great !

I am wanting to go with stock springs and and reverse my flip kit and prolly use shackles on the rear since im not changing the drop spindles. Does this sound right ? I will need springs, shocks, shackles but how many inches ? Thanks you guys ROCK

Slowest 03 HD n the WORLD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you have more then a 3" drop up front... i had 2 coils cut and no isolators and i was about that low...

on the rear... just put the leaf spring back on top of the axle housing.. if you need a set of stock shackles i have a set... LMK...

i had a flip kit on mine with the JLP 2,3,4 shackles... and i was low...

looked nice but road like ****....

get a set of new shocks i will be running the nitro shocks from bell tech...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasGT01 View Post
    you have more then a 3" drop up front... i had 2 coils cut and no isolators and i was about that low...

on the rear... just put the leaf spring back on top of the axle housing.. if you need a set of stock shackles i have a set... LMK...

i had a flip kit on mine with the JLP 2,3,4 shackles... and i was low...

looked nice but road like ****....

get a set of new shocks i will be running the nitro shocks from bell tech...
    Hey D, I have not read 1 "+" thing about the BT Nitro shocks. Make sure that's what you want before spending the $ on them.
    BBU

Slowest 03 HD n the WORLD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu Buy U View Post
    Hey D, I have not read 1 "+" thing about the BT Nitro shocks. Make sure that's what you want before spending the $ on them.
    BBU
    too late...

i am trying to get edlebrock to make me a set of shocks... they were nice on my other truck... but i want them to shorten the rod or what not so it doesnt bottom out.. i cant run shock extenders really

it's all top heavy
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu Buy U View Post
    BBU
    I have the belltech active nitros. They Suck! They blew out within a week of putting them on the truck. And before they went, the truck rode horrible. never again

I dont mind if you come along for the ride... just dont drag your feet

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok does anyone know who to go through to get L spec bilstien shocks ? I found them for 265.00 shipped. Any places cheaper that you know of ? Or a better shock I'm need to get the stuff bought cuz the switch is going to take place soon. Is there a stock length coil spring that anyone would recommend "after market" ? I guess im going to raise the front up then reverse the flip kit. Once all that is done i will post my measurements so i know what shackle to buy. Am i on the right track?

www.RTDELECTRONIX.com
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thats nice..

it's all top heavy
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredFly View Post
    Front 14.25'' Rear 13.5''

Is there any difference in the coil springs on a lightning and a Harley truck ?
    Yes, the Lightning ones are rated for less weight, so it will be a hair softer and lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredfly View Post
    I am wanting to go with stock springs and and reverse my flip kit and prolly use shackles on the rear since im not changing the drop spindles. Does this sound right ? I will need springs, shocks, shackles but how many inches ?
    It all depends how much you want to lift it back, if you undo the flip, and just add shackles, you will be only 2" lower (using the available size from most manufactors) or 3" lower if you use JLP shackles.

Spindles up front, and any shackle, 2" or 3" your truck will have a rake.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredFly View Post
    Ok does anyone know who to go through to get L spec bilstien shocks ? I found them for 265.00 shipped.
    That's the actual price for these shocks, I've seen they sell it for the same price, without the harware + shipping
    ...make sure it comes with the harware, if so...jump on it

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredfly View Post
    on the right track?
    I'd say yes, but you should look around for some pics, or at least tell us what stance you want for your truck, this way we can send you to the right direction, I am in the process of changing my susp set up for the 10th time, so I do have some clue of what I am talking about

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hoffie said look at pic's, so Here are some of my 03 which has what amounts to a 2/4+ drop. I've got 22" relplica's with 285/35's front and 305/40's rear. I'm finally pleased with the ride quality, handling and looks.

Front has Belltech Pro Sport 1" - 2" drop coils. Using 2" setting w/o spacer and Bilstein Lightning "L" Spec Shocks.

Rear has Belltech Lowering Leaf Springs. These provide a 3" - 4" drop depending on the model year. I got 4" drop, but 03's were an inch taller from factory to afford a higher load capacity. I also removed the OEM Shackles and installed Sulastic Rubber Springs to further dampen the stiffness and greatly reduce bed bounce due to the Belltech's higher spring rate. The Sulastic's neeted an additional 1/4 to near 1/2 reduction. Shock are Bilstein's HPS Supercrew's.

Last edited by 03_HD_F150SC; 06-19-2008 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Updated Photos

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Those front coils you have, I looked up the PN you posted in your other thread, and they are 3" drop coils for a regular f150, so therefore 2" drop coils for a HD. Combined with your spindles (good eye, hoff, i never saw a set of belltech spindles in person yet, wouldn't have noticed them lol), the spindles are worth 2" so you've got a 4" front drop. Makes sense too because you've got about the same fender gap as my truck up front, and I've got a 3" front drop but with taller 295/45/20 tires.

For the front, throwing in a set of stock coils is going to lift it up 2". If thats how much you want to raise it up, that'll be quick and easy to do. If you only want to lift the front an inch, then you can either do stock coils and cut 1/2 coil off, or find some 1" drop coils for a HD/L (2" for a regular f150) and swap those in.

For the rear, is there a C-notch? There looks to be one, but hard to see in that pic. Anyway, if you could try and put a set of 1" lift shackles on the rear to lift the rear up an inch, but from the pics, its already lower in the rear, and if you want to raise the front an inch or two, you want to raise the rear probably 2-3". Flipping the axle back to stock, a set of just 2" shackles probably won't be enough for you. You're at around a 6"-7" rear drop right now. 2" shackles only lower the rear about 1.5". A set of JLP 2-3-4" shackles would lower the rear 3"

So...if you lift the front 2", you'll have a 2" front drop, and a set of JLP 2-3-4" shackles would have the rear at a 3" drop, and the truck will sit pretty level with a tiny rake. If you just lift the front 1", I'd suggest going with a rear leaf replacement with stock shackles/hangers, (hotchkis or belltech), and depending where its sitting and what brand you go with, fine tune the height in the rear with a set of shackles.

sorry for the long post, but hope that helps.

oh yeah one thing I forgot to mention thats important to remember. since you have a 01, there's no fender flares. the 02-03 have fender flares so they appear to sit a bit lower. A 2/4 drop on a 00/01 truck without flares, and on a 02/03 truck with flares, the 00/01 is going to look almost an inch higher looking at the fender gap. So to look the same, looking at a pic of a 02/03 with a 1/3 drop, you'd have to lower a 00/01 almost 2/4 to get the same stance.
    This also changes the measurements from the center of the wheel to the fender. Since the 02/03 fender flares hang into the wheel well lower, the measurements won't be exactly the same. Just keep that in mind for comparing drops between 00/01 and 02/03

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast