Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Point Blank...Which Programmer gets you the best fuel milage!

Good on gas,Hell on dzl
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    15-17 on average here with SCT by DJ Looney tune. I have seen 18 a couple times. Doesnt really seem to change no matter how I drive. I filled up and drove 150 miles to a show last year, left in a huge cloud of black smoke, drove the 150miles back home. Got up the next morning, drove 45miles to the dragstrip, ran 3 times, drove bout 30 miles and refilled the truck, still got 17mpg.
    Im sure I could switch to a less "hot" tune like the street file(which is supposed to be a great highway tune) and get alil better mileage. But I honestly have no desire to sacrifice power for mileage, in an 8300lb truck. I do enough power sacrificing during the week with my 4cyl Ranger that gets 30mpg.
    2006 F250 Harley, Black with blue Flames. Longbed. MBRP Cool Duals added 08/20/06
    PaceEdwards Bedlocker added 10/15/06
    BedRug added 1/14/07
    AEM polished intake added 1/20/07
    Accufab polished Power Elbow added 1/27/2007
    SCTLivewire-DJ Performance added 5/5/2007
    DJs Fuel+Intensifier added 6/23/2008

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what is omni banks??

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A couple of years ago I chipped my '04 F-250. I used a Quadzilla Xzillaraider XZT as a basic method of improving my fuel efficiency and at the same time enhancing performance. Also done was cat removed, and hiflo intake and exhaust. Simple cheap mods. The question is about the impact on reliability. Anyone have any input? The truck really serves light duty; it's most strenuous task to date was carrying my Road Glide across country when I moved from OR to MA. My milage was in the 12s and is now running 15.5 to 18 depending on how and where I'm driving. If I want better milage I ride my scooter.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    triple dog run on extreme=1new trans 2 head gaskets 4new tires did the egr delete turbo up grade arp stud kit pyro U might be lucky

Name: asdfasfasdf

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hogwldfltr View Post
    . The question is about the impact on reliability. Anyone have any input? The truck really serves light duty; it's most strenuous task to date was carrying my Road Glide across country when I moved from OR to MA. My milage was in the 12s and is now running 15.5 to 18 depending on how and where I'm driving. If I want better milage I ride my scooter.
    Light duty not an issue with a power tune, towing a float with a bobcat and a box full of gravel now thats a different story. Head gaskets take the hit stock or modded, mild boost increase and normal driving and stomping on it for fun wont hurt it. I have an EGR cooler delete on mine so illl never be stuck smoking like im on fire on the side of the road. I would suggest anyone with a 6.0 delete the cooler and hopefully if any of you are ever in for service and its opened up, the tech does some updates to the high pressure oiling system as a bonus. Thats what I do for my customers, makes them happy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2