Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: July 2008 TOTM- Edgar "Huot5" Huot #342

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

July 2008 TOTM- Edgar "Huot5" Huot #342

Again it's that time to recognize another NHTOC member with the prestigious Truck of the Month award. For the Month of July, we bestow this honor upon Edgar "Huot5" Huot, NHTOC member #342 and his very tastefully done 2007 Dark Amethyst SuperCrew HD #5694! Ed just cant seem to stay away from the family, as a previous owner of a DSG 2002 Supercrew, he found his way back to us with his purchase of the 2007. The point is proven that the mod bug, once it bites, sinks its teeth in deep and you just cant get rid of it. WIth a nice array of mods already and more to come for sure, coupled with Eds devotion to the fold, reinforce the honor of being named TOTM for the month of July!

Now onto the things you guys really want to see!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?Specifically your HD Truck?

I saw the ads for the ’00 Harley Truck and instantly it drew my attention to F-150’s, which I’d never liked previous to that. The Supercrew cab was the biggest motivator, I saw an ’01 at a dealer in June 02, but when I saw an 02 DSG, it was so much nicer with the S/C like the Lightnings. I had a few friends with Black 02’s, and went to the dealer nearest my home and bought mine off the Showroom floor for invoice plus $300.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

My first new car, 98 Pontiac GTP 4 door: Eaton powered 3.8L V6, sporty, fully loaded. It got V8 gas mileage and with FWD, I know CV joints were gonna need changing soon. Too much torque steer. Never got to do mods to it.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

On the ’02 DSG, I had just about everything. But for my ’07 I considered a Whipple, but only went as far as an S & B air intake kit, Magnaflow L exit catback, Diablo Predator, Underdrive Crank Pulley, rear hellwig sway bar, 4.10’s, T/A rear diff cover, Ground Force 2/5 drop kit, tinted front windows, Roll n Lock bed cover, and tinted rear tails and LED 3rd brake light and the best non-performance mod….LCD Remote Start w/ alarm.

As of June 29, I bought 2008 F-150 Harley wheels to switch with my 07 wheels. pics to come in a few weeks when wheels arrive.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

Best job in the world…Firefighter for 13 years. 3 years Active Army, 10 years in the Reserves, Beach volleyball is still my favorite sport to participate in, and of course my family and all those trips I have to take them on….

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

Definitely the knowledge the guys here have. Josh is an inspiration to us all, that boy is a Harley Nerd. Lol. I use to lurk F150online when I first had my 02, but this place is definitely the home of the Harley Truck guys and gals.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

I can’t think of any offhand. Maybe bring back itrader rating, use larger fonts on the main categories, forums, Classifieds, Gallery, etc….

Question # 7: This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

It was my logon for my email addy, and I registered first and probably late at night, so I wasn’t thinking of build #, or cool screen names. Nevertheless, I went to another Harley truck, so it helped not having to change. And being a paid member definitely has it’s benefits.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

The Whipple is not first on the list, but I am running out of other mods to do….Upgrade the Valve body, deeper tranny pan, and try to reduce some weight off the truck, maybe headers and hi-flow cats, ported TB. Big brake kit and changing to other lighter weight 22’s will pry be in the future, too. A shaker hood, like the Mach 1’s might look good, but only after the S/C goes in.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

This site has by far the best group of members than any other car/truck enthusiast site. Funny, mature, artistic, experienced and for those few young bucks that are younger than 24 with Harley trucks, they are well behaved. All the pics I have seen of Texas, JHO, Cali, Euro GTG’s have been great motivators. The FHTOC GTG and Dillons B-day Party at Hooters in Miami that I have gone to made the NHTOC what it is today; it’s what allows the peeps to get to know each other better. I got to give props to CDillon for what he’s done to the site, the SV’s that contribute, OMH for his continued Canadian support, the fellas out in the Pacific, Aussies, New Zealanders and the UK.
    Thanks for choosing my 07 Dark Amethyst as TOTM. I bought it July 07. As of 6/23/08, it only has 5500 miles and the interior still smells like new. And I aint selling it cuz it gets 12.5 mpg’s

COngrats on a well deserved TOTM!!!
    Last edited by bgstew6; 07-01-2008 at 08:39 PM.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Huot Huot

Well deserved, that DSG was a killer looking truck, and the new model is getting there too...

Congratulations Edgar

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Way to go son!!!!!!! Yup, you have earned this honor with both of your trucks!!

Congratulations Ed!!!!!!

Dr. Pepper is my choice!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Whoot-whoot...way to go huot!!!!! That last pic is just too cute

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats! Sweet looking truck man! I look forward to seeing it at a GTG someday.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome, nice to see one of our gen. 3 chosen...congrats!

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go!
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

closer to done!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    love it!

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Ed, it's nice to see a local bro with the TOTM.

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats!

No more blower...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    as a TCU Alum, I love the color. Nice truck and well deserved.

Name: me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harly4d View Post
    Awesome, nice to see one of our gen. 3 chosen...congrats!
    +1

Congrats... You have a great looking truck!

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Congrats!!! It's looking good!

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks brothers and sisters. it's definitely been a blessing to have had good times on this forum. And to know a few of y'all in person.
    I would also like to send blessings out to those we've lost, and those in need of some love and harmony...
    my 97 Year old Grandmother passed away this sunday June 29th. She lived in the same house for 50 years. A house full of love where all the family gathered any day of the year and where I spent alot of my childhood. She was alert and oriented till the very end.. there are plenty of great memories ...
    anyway, thanks to all and let's keep on truckin' , Ed.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats on being TOTM Ed, and seeing how I bought alot of your painted parts off your 02, some of your parts still are part of the forum, even if your truck isn't.

Sorry about your grandmother.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast