Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Saleen S331 Wheels

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Saleen S331 Wheels

Hello!

I just traded in my 2002 Lightning on a 2006 HD. I needed a bigger truck as the family is getting bigger.

I wanted to start off by getting a set of the Saleen S331 wheels. I was just wondering what everyone thought of them? Does anyone have pics of them on an HD? I was thinking of running 305/40/23's like Saleen does. After a wheel/tire upgrade, I was thinking about doing a 2/4 drop. Would love to hear opinions from the experts.

Thanks,

Mark

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    welcome malibu1. the wheel/tire combo sounds like a first for the HD/Saleen combo. 23's are a bit odd since the guys w/ Gen 1 Harley trucks have gone with 22 reps and 24's. The current Gen HD's have oem 22's. and one member did 26's. IMO the Saleen rims are nice looking. may want to photo shop around first :
    Last edited by huot5; 07-10-2008 at 05:11 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome, and I would love to see how that looks. I like the original sounding direction you are going in.

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Welcome! The saleen rims are sweet looking but wow tires to fit 23" rims would be outragously expensive, wouldn't they?

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1niceharley View Post
    Welcome! The saleen rims are sweet looking but wow tires to fit 23" rims would be outragously expensive, wouldn't they?
    that and small selection
    Forget about GO, im all Show-n-AUDIO!

"The Definition of Rolling Thunder"
    If you build it DBzzz will come!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the replies. I think they will look good. With the 305/40's, being about an inch taller, it should help fill out the wheel well I hope.
    I ordered the wheels today. I hope them being 10 inches wide do not give me fitment problems.
    The tires I am looking at are either the Kuhmo Excta or the new Nitto 420's. The Kuhmo's are just under 200 a pop and the nitto's just over 200.

The next item on the list is a lowering kit. Does anyone know how much the Racecraft S331 kit lowers the truck?

Thanks!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My wheels should be here later in the week. Hurray!

Does anyone know if the 2006 Harley comes with a tire air preasure warning sensor? If it does, anyone know if the band that holds the sensor to the rim can be reused on a rim thats an inch larger? I don't think the truck has one but I figured I had better make sure so I don't have the factory tires taken off the factory rims before I sell them, just to get the sensor out.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu1 View Post

Does anyone know if the 2006 Harley comes with a tire air preasure warning sensor? If it does, anyone know if the band that holds the sensor to the rim can be reused on a rim thats an inch larger? I don't think the truck has one but I figured I had better make sure so I don't have the factory tires taken off the factory rims before I sell them, just to get the sensor out.
    TPMS strap can't be re-used at all. I had a problem when I went from my stock '07 wheels to the '08 style. The tire shop I went to wasn't familiar with the system at all and they wanted $ 75 per strap!!

Here's some info that might help:

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/2006-20...s-trouble.html

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu1 View Post

The best way to go is to buy new sensors and straps for the Saleen wheels or get just the straps and reuse your old sensors. ebay has the straps.
    I purchased 07 sensors and new straps on ebay for about $140 or so for the set which I'm having mounted on the 08 wheels I bought two weeks ago. I sold my 07 wheels w/ the original sensors to a buddy with an 07 FX2, so that should work for him also.

post pics of the Saleen wheels.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huot5 View Post
    The best way to go is to buy new sensors and straps for the Saleen wheels or get just the straps and reuse your old sensors. ebay has the straps.
    I purchased 07 sensors and new straps on ebay for about $140 or so for the set which I'm having mounted on the 08 wheels I bought two weeks ago. I sold my 07 wheels w/ the original sensors to a buddy with an 07 FX2, so that should work for him also.

post pics of the Saleen wheels.

Did you get your wheels on yet? I think when you get different sensors they have to be programmed to the truck?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The wheels are scheduled to be here tomorrow. But the tires are not going to be here until next week. I figured the tires would get here first because they said the tires are in stock.....
    I am still not sure if my truck has the TPMS system or not. When I turn the ignition on and look at the warning lights on the dash, I do not see the little symbol lit up for low tire preasure. I am going to sell the stock wheels and don't want to dismount the tires just to see if I have the TPMS sensors...
    Les Scwabb wants 100 bucks a piece just to mount the tires alone because they are over 20 inches...I am thinking about dropping the pressure down to 20psi and going for a ride to see if any warning lights come on.

On a side note, I put an Eibach drop on the truck using front springs and rear leafs for a 2/4. Looks alot better. I think I need to get shocks though as the ride is a tad bit bouncy. But similar to my old lightning with the hotchkiss tvs system.

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harly4d View Post
    Did you get your wheels on yet? I think when you get different sensors they have to be programmed to the truck?
    I haven't driven too far yet, but I think I'll need the reporgram if the truck doesn't " learn" the sensors are there. maybe a reboot or something.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huot5 View Post
    I haven't driven too far yet, but I think I'll need the reporgram if the truck doesn't " learn" the sensors are there. maybe a reboot or something.
    I think there's a little device that you need to use to put the truck in "learn" mode. You might be able to get a good dealership to do it for you no charge!

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harly4d View Post
    I think there's a little device that you need to use to put the truck in "learn" mode. You might be able to get a good dealership to do it for you no charge!

cool . the buddy of mine installed my old 22's on his FX 2 is getting the TPMS code, so he's going to take it to the dealer to investigate.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    100 bucks PER tire to install them?! thats friggin ridiculous! take it to a different shop lol

you can look up on hunters website which places locally to you have the roadforce balancing machine. usually runs around $25 a tire to mount and balance

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast