Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: SALEEN S/C'ed GUYS Look Here!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good for you AK911, make sure to post to let us know how it turns out. I'm going to check out the JDM enhancement now on this site to see how it's working for folks. It's nice to have options.

TampaHarley

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My x2 Calibrator is on the way to Mike to make some custom tunes for the sc 07. Hope it will all be fine. If i knew more i will post it here for you.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Troyer knows his stuff, he's been around FOREVER, and with MUCH more fair prices than JDM on the saleen acccessories.

Name: me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last edited by sman113; 02-23-2011 at 10:10 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    AK911 is supposed to be going to Troyer's shop on the 16th, at least that was the message in his last post. I'm curious to hear how it goes as well.

TampaHarley

07HD06217
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I too am curious

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm still taking it to him. The only problem is that Saleen went bankrupt and he will have to get the 8PSI pulley from somewhere else.

-AK

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    saleen is bankrupt? I guess with fuel prices the way they are, there really isn't much interest to the public for a supercharged vehicle.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AK911Carrera View Post
    I'm still taking it to him. The only problem is that Saleen went bankrupt and he will have to get the 8PSI pulley from somewhere else.

-AK
    Really? Steve Saleen was just at NMRA @ Atco this weekend with their 25th anniversary saleen mustang. That thing was AMAZING!!!!! Never was overly impressed with saleens before. I mean they're nice, but never really struck my fancy. The 25th annivesary with the "chromosome" paint or something like that, was ridiculous. The car glowed!

Only did a few minutes of searching, but from what I've gathered, Saleen (Steve Saleen's old company?) is claiming to just be consolidating although it seems a bit odd to sell off EVERYTHING that cheap, and SMS Limited (Steve Saleens new Company?) is a separate entity not related?

http://www.themustangnews.com/fomoco...8saleen108.htm
    Last edited by Harley#356; 08-14-2008 at 03:45 PM.

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That car is Steve Saleen's car. Its a product of Steve's latest company SMS. Steve nor Molly work for Saleen now.

Was this the car you saw?

Its Steve's anniversary present to himself and is a one off supposedly.......I doubt he could put it into production as it looks so close to the Saleen Mustang.........It is a nice looker though especially round the rearend...

I dont think Saleen have gone bankrupt just selling off equipment due to closing one of their plants down......well thats what I hope is happening....

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Steve Saleen's personal pre-production Ford GT was on Ebay not that long ago...

Name: me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last edited by sman113; 02-23-2011 at 10:10 AM.

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Should be fine. Saleen are not going bankrupt......

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Saleen INFO!! Read...

Info from another source:

Found this from the company.

To whom it may concern,

It has been brought to my attention that there are those who have noticed that we are auctioning vehicles and are using this as an opportunity to suggest that Saleen is going out of business. Nothing can be further from the truth.

The truth is that in 2007 Saleen and ASC Incorporated came together as sister companies operating out of common facilities. As a part of this transition there were a number of assets that existed between the two companies that were redundant and/or obsolete. The result was wasted
    warehouse space dedicated to materials that were not being utilized. In other words, there was waste. To deal with this issue, we elected to send these redundant materials to auction. In our discussions with the auction company, it was suggested that we include some vehicles in the auction to
    help attract interest from qualified buyers. As we had some remaining 2008 inventory (as does our competition) we elected to oblige the auction house by putting a finite number of vehicles (20) into the auction. These vehicles were purchased by Saleen and entered into auction as used
    vehicles. That is the reason for the auction. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for that allegations that Saleen is going out of business: Not more than four weeks ago we launched a new performance brand, Racecraft. As a company we have invested and are continuing to invest in the marketing and
    development of this new brand. In just two short days, we will be debuting our next Racecraft vehicle, and the new 2009 MY Saleen products which we are launching currently. In three days we will be participating in the largest open air car show in the world, the Woodward Dream Cruise, showing nearly 20 Saleen, Racecraft, and ASC vehicles and announcing a brand partnership with Bridgestone for the development of future Racecraft products. Now, I may not be the brightest guy, but I would guess that you don't make these kind of investments/announcements if you are planning on
    closing your doors in a month.

I realize that there continue to be those who feel inclined to try to cast a negative light on our company, but you can rest assured that Saleen will shine through. So to all concern parties I say if you don't believe the words, look at the actions. To the nay sayer, I ask that you please find
    something more productive to do with your time. And to those who have had to manage these concerns, thank you for your support, and I look forward to seeing you at Woodward ave.

For more information visit Saleen or Racecraft Cars

Thank you

Marques McCammon, General Manager
    Saleen - Automotive Division
    1225 E Maple Road, Troy, Michigan 48083

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Theyve "launched a new performance brand,Racecraft"?????

Racecraft has been the Saleen suspension,since the first cars built(the 3 '84's).

Good to see the company isnt going under,however.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast