Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: SALEEN S/C'ed GUYS Look Here!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007harley View Post
    no pics of intake. i was talking to the guy and he said his place made the intake jdm is selling but he couldnt believe they sold it for so much, just give him a call. number is on web site. I found this guy from bamachips which is most likely the best ford modular v8 programmer company in the world, and they recommended them.
    Sweeet...I will buzz them later in the week when I break free from work. Thanks for the info!!

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is it just me or does the JDM intake look almost exactly like the Roush S/C'd intake??

Last edited by harly4d; 11-18-2008 at 11:46 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From what I've been told, it is a Roush intake with some modifications

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I did check their parts website and I don't see the intake listed

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I looks identical to mine. I have the JDM intake....I wish I had waited now. I paid too much for it and I knew it but did it anyway because I wanted the added power. And I did get the added power but the price tag was hefty. If I could have done it over.....OH WELL.

#81 Roush Stage 3
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That is the intake for the Roush. Mine looks exactly the same...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwldman View Post
    I looks identical to mine. I have the JDM intake....I wish I had waited now. I paid too much for it and I knew it but did it anyway because I wanted the added power. And I did get the added power but the price tag was hefty. If I could have done it over.....OH WELL.
    I spoke to Cody, the owner of Stanghi tonight. His place got hit hard by Gustov and has had no power for a few days, none expected for a week. Anyways, here's my notes from the discussion. He was working from memory on this since it was 10pm Central when we spoke, so he needs to confirm the stuff below:

* Stage 1 Package - $425, makes an additional 30-50 horsepower to the wheels, something you can actually "feel"
    * Stage 2 - $2500 with tuner/tunes, air intake, pulley, belt - did this on a 2008 Harley the day before the storm and it pulled 400 HP, 440 TQ with 22 rims, with 18's it pulled 30 more HP. He said the Dyno results can be manipulated, so just be careful with the numbers from folks.

He knows the guys at JDM, he knows Mike Troyer...heck I think they all know each other! The pricing the same as JDM or $500 more (Cody included tuner in Stage 2 cost, b/c I thought the JDM package was 2K), and Cody said it's the EXACT same kit, and I'm pretty sure he said he developed it. He said I could always go to the Stage 1 and then upgrade to Stage 2, just subract cost for Stage 1. He said Saleen sells this package for $3500.

Anyways, I've spoke to Troyer, read the posts, and now to Cody. The stage 1 package for me is a no-brainer, I think I spent $425 on shoes for my kids last week! The next stage is a little different because I also need the spray bedliner and that puts me over 3K in upgrades on a truck with a sticker of 48K probably worth less than 30K (I ain't selling it but I'm a realist). Anyhow, wanted you guys to have the latest info, and WWLDMAN you did not overpay from what I am seeing, you got a fair price on this. If Troyer comes out with something for a few bucks less then who cares, it's not going to be enough money to matter. When I spoke to Troyer he was looking at maybe a few hundred bucks difference.

Sorry for such a long message just wanted you guys to have the latest info. I'll let you guys know if I get the Stage 1 and how it turns out. Keep posting!!

TampaHarley

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just got back from VA, and it was the most enjoyable 4 hour trip i've ever had. You know that few seconds from when you stomp the throttle and the boost needle starts to move. I am very happy to report that mine no longer does that, it's instantaneous. I haven't been too hard on it b/c I have a leveling kit on it and as we've all read, it causes a vibration. The package that Mike has worked up is awesome, and I'm glad I went with the headers, sounds awesome and feels great. I recommend Troyer to all of you, I know I'll be going back in the future.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bwshdf150 View Post
    just got back from VA, and it was the most enjoyable 4 hour trip i've ever had. You know that few seconds from when you stomp the throttle and the boost needle starts to move. I am very happy to report that mine no longer does that, it's instantaneous. I haven't been too hard on it b/c I have a leveling kit on it and as we've all read, it causes a vibration. The package that Mike has worked up is awesome, and I'm glad I went with the headers, sounds awesome and feels great. I recommend Troyer to all of you, I know I'll be going back in the future.
    How about some pics?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll put some pics up this weekend. I'm flying out to St. Louis for a race today, so i'll work on that when I get back

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bwshdf150 View Post
    I'll put some pics up this weekend. I'm flying out to St. Louis for a race today, so i'll work on that when I get back
    Cool...would be interesting to see the differences. Did Troyer tell you when his package would be ready and the pricing?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey i speak today with Troyer because you know my X2 is there to make me some files.

He tells me some interesting things about the air intake and axle/tranny problems.

All Saleen S/C need a new air intake he said because the maf is not for more power then stock (hope i understand him correctly, because the speeks very quickly and i donīt understand all of it he said).

He tells me that even all of the HD have vibration from the tranny. Some at low speed and even a few at higher speed (70 km/h). It cames from the rear axle that would not be in a correct position.

After he heard that i had have an oil leak on the extension housing, he is very happy to here that i put the axle in right position.

So all look after the right setting at the end, so that you donīt have the same problems as me.

Iīam very happy that he called me up and tell me about this facts, so i ordered directly a new intake system for my truck for 320 $US. So i think itīs a fair price.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any pics available? I'm going to be discussing the upgrade and pricing with Troyer on Friday.

bwshdf150 -> how is your truck running these days? Still very pleased?

Thanks!

TampaHarley

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Saleen SC Guys:

I just got off the phone with Mike Troyer, Troyer Performance. He put together a kit like the JDM kit and finally got back to me on it (it started with this thread). I ordered essentially the same kit for $1000. JDM quoted me $1899, although not sure what everyone has paid. Troyer's doesn't come with the video, which I could definitely use, but at the same time I could have someone install it all for me and still save $600.

It's going to take a few weeks to get the kit and install it. I'll be sure to let you guys know how it turns out.

TampaHarley

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaHarley View Post
    Saleen SC Guys:

I just got off the phone with Mike Troyer, Troyer Performance. He put together a kit like the JDM kit and finally got back to me on it (it started with this thread). I ordered essentially the same kit for $1000. JDM quoted me $1899, although not sure what everyone has paid. Troyer's doesn't come with the video, which I could definitely use, but at the same time I could have someone install it all for me and still save $600.

It's going to take a few weeks to get the kit and install it. I'll be sure to let you guys know how it turns out.

TampaHarley
    I can help you install it if your up for a road trip. I will try to find my DVD from JDM and make you a copy. I am not sure if I kept it though. And I paid 1835.00 shipped for my kit....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast