Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: SALEEN S/C'ed GUYS Look Here!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwldman View Post
    I can help you install it if your up for a road trip. I will try to find my DVD from JDM and make you a copy. I am not sure if I kept it though. And I paid 1835.00 shipped for my kit....
    Ahhh...were it that easy, I'd stop by SC in a heartbeat. With work and family obligations I'm barely able to keep my head above water. I'll figure something out on the install, I have a few friends and even my dad who think they know something about engines. Worst case scenario is I bring it to a local shop. A long time member on these boards is from Tampa and recommended a shop to me. I pinged them and they said no problem on the install, piece of cake. I'll let you gents know how it goes.

TampaHarley

Supporting Vendor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone for their support!

Our kit for the Saleen Harley's (and it also works on any Saleen-supercharged 2004 & newer 5.4 3V F-150) is done and ready for ordering now, of course - and by the way, just FYI - anyone claiming that they can get another 30 peak RWHP from a tune alone on *any* Saleen-supercharged 2004 & up F-150 is out of their mind, as it cannot be done. Period, end of story.

The problem with these beautiful trucks is that the air intake tract is basically bone-stock just like you find in the naturally-aspirated F-150's, the only change that was made was to put a little plastic piece on the end to make a semi-"snorkel" - so what happens is the MAF sensor is peaking (hitting it's electronic limit) even in BONE STOCK TRIM, right from the factory. That's right, you are running out of MAF sensor STOCK!

In 86 degree ambient air temps, we consistently see 1008-1013 MAF counts in bone-stock trim - which, by the way, is 325 RWHP on an accurate load=-bearing dyno. Knowing what we do about the actual driving line losses, the equates to roughly 425 HP SAE Net at the flywheel. So if you drive the vehicle in say, 50 degree ambient air temps, you are peaking the MAF sensor, and then you are in for trouble, ands you ARE going to go lean in the fueling the way the calibration is set up.

In other words, the problem is a lack of cross-sectional area in the area of the MAF sensor placement, hence why we must replace the air intake tract just to be able to raise boost (and frankly, IMHO every one of these trucks needs it anyway to prevent the MAF sensor from peaking once you get much below about 70 degrees (F) ambient temps.

SO we have provided a kit that consists of a tuner loaded with not one, but 3 different Troyer Performance custom tunes, our custom air intake kit, and then a pulley to raise the boost. On 91 octane with a mild tune, we gain 50 RWHP peak to peak, with some areas down lower gaining upwards of 80 RWHP.

Just our tune alone wakes these trucks up amazingly, and gets rid of that pokey down-low performance, allowing the vehicle to tear away form a standstill as it should be able to.
    That being said, I still recommend the air intake kit as well as the tune at a minimum, to keep the truck safe in any temperatures (unless you want to make it a summer-only vehicle), so that you have plenty of MAF sensor electronic range. Add the boost pulley to that for a real kick in the pants.

There was a gentleman who we tuned recently (and did nothing but our tuning to his otherwise stock Saleen Harley), and wrote us back that he was able to leave 50-100 feet of rubber on the launch, where he could not leave any riubber before - this was his estimate just looking back thru the rear-view mirror, according to his email - as well as fixing all of the shifting issues, and numerous other driveability issues these trucks have.

Oen more quick point - many of you have complained about "vibration" in these New Harleys - rightly so! Some of the 2007 & newer Harley modela we have seen have far too much negative pinion angle - we had one truck here that had EIGHT degree of negative pinion angle, and shook so bad we really were afraid to stick our foot in it, so we just dyno tuned it and then took it easy with it on the street.

At any rate, thanks greatly for all the support & kudo's, anyone who wants safe high-performance tuning with true world-class R&D behind it for their Saleen truck, or any other uprades, from boost to built motors to you name it, we carry it all (God, I sound like a sales-dude - I guess I am, eh?), just give us a call at (540) 965-7123 M-F 9-6 Eastern.

Have fun with your Harleys & thanks for welcoming us on board!!

Mike
    Troyer Performance
    Last edited by BigD; 04-24-2010 at 08:52 PM.
    Troyer Performance is the only company in the world that truly specializes in F-150 performance, having done so for the past 16 years. We offer a complete range of performance parts & services ranging from tuning, gauges & other mild parts all the way to complete street-strip performance packages, all-out race engines, transmissions, and virtually anything the performance-oriented F-150 Lightning owner could want or need.

We operate a full service chassis dyno & installation facility, and can offer complete turn-key installations.
    Just call Mike @ 540-965-7123

Click here to visit the Troyer Performance website

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds like good stuff.Now I want a new truck even more,,,thanks ALOT!!!!!!hehehe

07HD06217
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds great Mike! Now how about some prices. Looks like you have a few different options. Also, as I am in South Texas how easy is instalation? Also could you post photos?
    Last edited by Dbull65; 09-29-2008 at 09:55 PM.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    +2 we need to see prices. I smell a group buy?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harly4d View Post
    +2 we need to see prices. I smell a group buy?
    I'll let Mike post his prices...although I will say I've posted the price I paid already on this site in a previous thread.

TampaHarley

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaHarley View Post
    I'll let Mike post his prices...although I will say I've posted the price I paid already on this site in a previous thread.

TampaHarley

You only posted a price for the kit you bought.

I'm actaully looking for prices for the various offerings.

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah what goodies are out there for our trucks???!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harly4d View Post
    You only posted a price for the kit you bought.

I'm actaully looking for prices for the various offerings.
    Ahhh, I see what you mean. I believe there are currently only 2 options, the tuner/tunes or the kit. I don't know what Mike wants just for the tuner/tunes. I was shy to go with that given his feedback. See his quote of "...keep the truck safe in any temperatures..." and "Summer" driver. I live in Tampa and we get ambient temps below 50, although only a few times a year. I didn't want to risk a problem.

TampaHarley

07HD06217
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It looks like possibly 3 different "kits".
    1. Just tunrer with program
    2 tuner with new intake
    3 all of the above with new pulley
    Of course I could be wrong

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbull65 View Post
    It looks like possibly 3 different "kits".
    1. Just tunrer with program
    2 tuner with new intake
    3 all of the above with new pulley
    Of course I could be wrong
    Yep, I guess you are right, the pulley could be separate as well. For that matter, you could just buy the new intake, but not get the tune. I've spoken with Troyer and if you speak to him you'll probably buy all 3. I know he's sold just the tune but doesn't recommend it. I guess he could just post the options rather than have us guessing!!

TampaHarley

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeahaa,

my parts are on the way to me. Hope i get it in the next few days and can install it.

Mike and all at Troyers are great people which are very helpfully.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by highspeedjockel View Post
    Yeahaa,

my parts are on the way to me. Hope i get it in the next few days and can install it.

Mike and all at Troyers are great people which are very helpfully.
    Axel - what did you order? I've just shipped my tuner back to Troyer so he can do the tunes and hopefully get me the rest of the kit ASAP.

TampaHarley

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I ordered the air intake and three new tunes . Hope i get it this week.

07HD06217
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by highspeedjockel View Post
    I ordered the air intake and three new tunes . Hope i get it this week.
    How much did you pay for that?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast